Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Settling on CF

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > Settling on CF
Pages: [1]

"Settling on CF", 12th Oct 2017, 10:45 AM #1
Mild

Registration date: 3rd Aug 2016
Hi :)
Maybe someone here remembers me. I used to write on this forum some time ago and now has finally began publishing my comic on CF.

Here it is: Gifts of wandering ice

It's a sci-fi story about ancient things people find in melting icebergs.

Right now GWI is 340 pages long (I have it published on my own website), but I cannot publish all the pages at once here because it takes time to add description, keywords, and transcript to each page. I'm going to publish at least one page a day, though.

Any advice is welcome :)
12th Oct 2017, 12:05 PM #2
dpat57

Registration date: 14th Oct 2010
I'd had comics running before I discovered Comic Fury. Uploading them all would have taken an age. So I inserted an explanation page with an old date, so it's always the first page, explaining that only so many pages are here (and offering a link to my comic hub to read earlier pages). Then I uploaded several current pages so there was at least a sequence to read here. The plan is always to get around to uploading the missing pages, when time permits. Just hasn't happened yet. Could take a while!
12th Oct 2017, 1:44 PM #3
FennFeathers

Registration date: 9th Oct 2017
Perhaps consider finding a volunteer to add as a co-author that will help you with the process. Or maybe go the easier route and create a cover page that links to the rest of your comic on your own website. Ultimately if people want to read your comic they won't have an issue going externally to read it, I think.

dpat57's suggestion is also very good, you definitely want to consider that!

Knockoff avatar done by khkddn!
12th Oct 2017, 2:08 PM #4
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Oh wow I remember reviewing your webcomic on reddit I believe xD. Its great look forward to seeing it here!
12th Oct 2017, 4:18 PM #5
Mild

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome :) I think I'd rather patiently publish my comic page by page with all the fields filled properly. There is no rush.

I have links to my main website both on "About" page and at the cover page of the comic, so everyone can go there and read all the 340 pages if they wish.

If you don't mind me asking, what to you think of my comic layout here on CF? I've only changed one of the standard themes a little bit and haven't added much. Is it too simplistic, or ugly, or okay? Would you prefer something with pictures instead just text headers and links? Would you like an additional page, etc.
12th Oct 2017, 4:42 PM #6
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
I like it! You could maybe add a few more things to spice it up a little bit, but it has a nice minimalist feel to it, like the custom font as well. The only thing I would suggest is to perhaps edit that hover effect. When I hover over the list items it makes div below it jump a little too, it's a bit jarring. Note: this is only on desktop so its not a site breaker or anything haha
13th Oct 2017, 4:13 AM #7
Mild

Yes, I agree: that does need fixing. I'll try to find where it is in the code and do something about it.