Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - ComicFury 2018 Pinup Calendar Challenge!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > ComicFury 2018 Pinup Calendar Challenge!
Pages: [1] [2]

"ComicFury 2018 Pinup Calendar Challenge!", 21st Oct 2017, 2:02 AM #1
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
2018 is almost here- and what better way to celebrate it than sexy pinups?

I pose a challenge to all of you- draw 12 pinups of your characters, one for each month. If you send all 12 to me, I'll put them inside of 2018 calendars, and post them in their own comic site (say, here, for instance). Your readers, and anyone else interested in your art, will also be able to download your calendar as a pdf (for use throughout the year, I'd imagine).

If you're interested in participating, here are some guidelines:

- You may either work alone or collaborate with others.

- You can draw any characters, assuming you have permission and/or you know the creator is cool with NSFW art (if they aren't... you're on your own)

- Using the same character(s) for multiple months is allowed.

- All characters depicted must be 18+ (unless you plan on making a completely SFW calendar)

- Make sure all your images have a roughly 4:3 aspect ratio (unless you want them cropped). Additionally, they should have dimensions at least 640x480, or reading the dates won't be possible.

- PM me all 12 of your images by December 20, 2017 (so I have some time to put the calendars together).

- Make sure to specify which images go with which months (or specify that you don't care)

- Additionally, when you send me your images, please choose a theme from the selection below (or specify that you don't care) (warning: the previews are large)

OFFICE - FLAME - NATURE - SAPPHIRE - MIDNIGHT

- You do not need to post in the thread if you're participating, but it would be nice!

. . .

Additionally:

To make the calendars more generally "Comic Fury" themed, I'm going to put in dates that are important to the comics on this site.

Whether you're participating or not, post any dates that are relevant to your comic- your anniversary, your characters' birthdays, the day an important event happened (in-universe), etc- and I'll add them to the calendars!

Here is the list of the dates so far that will be on the calendar:
"miss j and jen", 21st Oct 2017, 3:36 AM #2
jenffer
Some of us are born lucky
Registration date: 10th Jan 2010
miss j and jen for octber

miss j 's b day is on feb the 14
21st Oct 2017, 3:55 AM #3
snuffysam

jenffer:miss j and jen for octber

I think you misunderstood- this project isn't a colab (unless you choose to colab with someone), it's a challenge. If you choose to participate, you have to do all 12 pinups yourself (again, unless you find someone to colab with).

jenffer:miss j 's b day is on feb the 14

Miss J's birthday has been added to the list of dates.
21st Oct 2017, 4:20 PM #4
SunnySideUpSmile
コーン吸います
Registration date: 8th Nov 2016
Eyyy why not. :) Just to make sure I got the general grasp, we draw all 12 months, then PM the pictures to you (by december 20) with the name of the month each pic? Do we need to put the images in the calendar theme(s)?

Huh dates...Rhys's birthday is on July 2nd, and Braiden's birthday is on October 11th I feel like those are the mainly important ones. If more important dates come up may I post them here still?
21st Oct 2017, 4:53 PM #5
snuffysam

SunnySideUpSmile:Eyyy why not. :) Just to make sure I got the general grasp, we draw all 12 months, then PM the pictures to you (by december 20) with the name of the month each pic? Do we need to put the images in the calendar theme(s)?

Correct, just send me all 12 images.

I will be putting the images in the calendar themes, so that everyone's calendar can have the same Comic Fury dates on it. You just need to tell me which theme you want me to use for your calendar.

SunnySideUpSmile:Huh dates...Rhys's birthday is on July 2nd, and Braiden's birthday is on October 11th I feel like those are the mainly important ones. If more important dates come up may I post them here still?

Yup, you can post dates here at any time (before December 20).

Those birthdays have been added.
22nd Oct 2017, 3:05 AM #6
Chippewa Ghost
Spooky scary
Registration date: 6th Dec 2016
F-it.

I'm in.

Even if it's twelve months of Pejiba drop-kicking dudes, I'm in.
22nd Oct 2017, 5:29 AM #7
snuffysam

Glad to hear it!

If you do decide to go that route, try not to make us feel TOO bad for the dudes.
22nd Oct 2017, 6:16 AM #8
ChristianRepass

Registration date: 6th Apr 2017
I'm thinking, why the hell not? Though, I'm going about this the same way as I do in Uib's Legacy:

-No spread orifices
-No sexual fluids
-No visible penetration
-No intentionally fetishized work (i.e. mpreg, vore)

Hey, I've got my standards! Also, both males and females will be in, if that's alright.
22nd Oct 2017, 12:49 PM #9
Fabian W.
it feels so good
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
I have already done "January" yesterday, 11 more months to go!

ChristianRepass:
-No spread orifices
-No sexual fluids
-No visible penetration
-No intentionally fetishized work (i.e. mpreg, vore)

Hey, I've got my standards!

It was my assumption too that everyone is allowed settle down on the "chaste - naughty" scale wherever one feels most comfortable... As for me, I certainly won't go that far either!
22nd Oct 2017, 4:34 PM #10
Chippewa Ghost
Spooky scary
Argyle did a pretty good explanation of "the scale of smut" for one of the NSFW exchanges.

However, here's my (biased) take:

IMHO it is entirely possible to keep ones characters entirely clothed and still bang out awesome pin ups, because sexy is as sexy does.
22nd Oct 2017, 8:08 PM #11
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
Sadly I don't think I would get twelve ready in the estimated time. Anyone who would colab with me?
22nd Oct 2017, 8:58 PM #12
snuffysam

Fabian W.:It was my assumption too that everyone is allowed settle down on the "chaste - naughty" scale wherever one feels most comfortable... As for me, I certainly won't go that far either!

Correct. As long as you don't break the rules of this site, you can draw whatever you want.
22nd Oct 2017, 9:18 PM #13
Spelledeg
Petal pusher
Registration date: 15th Aug 2014
I'm interested in this. I love drawing a good pinup or 12. Is this just a cheesecake calendar or is beefsteak an option as well? I know pinups are classically women.
22nd Oct 2017, 9:26 PM #14
snuffysam

Either are allowed.
22nd Oct 2017, 11:18 PM #15
FennFeathers

Registration date: 9th Oct 2017
Oh my heck. This is such an amazing idea. Only 3 characters in my main cast are even vaguely humanoid, the others are gross eldritch abominations. I am totally doing this, that sounds hilarious! Furries though. Yuck, right?

Whatevs, I'm not particularly prone to feeling any kind of shame, I'll try keep up with this!

EDIT: Some in-universe dates!

(from my comic, Ancient...)
November 23rd - Isaac's Birthday
November 28th - Locke's Birthday
December 16th - Whisper's "Birthday" (he actually is more like 6 billion years old, so he sorta transcends the calendar. This is just the date he estimates!)

EDIT 2: EDIT HARDER: if anyone wants to collab, share some characters to draw and whatnot, send me a PM c: I'd like to get know everyone better, this seems like a good opportunity.

EDIT 3: A GOOD DAY TO EDIT: I'm collaborating with SunnySideUpSmile! see y'all in a couple weeks with the calendar!

Knockoff avatar done by khkddn!
23rd Oct 2017, 12:45 AM #16
Chippewa Ghost
Spooky scary
@snuffysam: re-read the original post and I just want to clarify something--soooooo every artist participating is making their own twelve pages of a 2018 calendar, unless you choose to collaborate with another artist or artists.

Lemme know if that's correct...

23rd Oct 2017, 1:40 AM #17
BUMBLEBEE

Registration date: 18th Sep 2016
Chippewa Ghost:@snuffysam: re-read the original post and I just want to clarify something--soooooo every artist participating is making their own twelve pages of a 2018 calendar, unless you choose to collaborate with another artist or artists.

Holy smokes - I would say "What would her mother say?" but I think her mother would ask why she's being so conservative..
23rd Oct 2017, 4:14 AM #18
snuffysam

Chippewa Ghost:@snuffysam: re-read the original post and I just want to clarify something--soooooo every artist participating is making their own twelve pages of a 2018 calendar, unless you choose to collaborate with another artist or artists.

Correct, every individual/team is going to create their own 12 pages of art.

23rd Oct 2017, 8:03 PM #19
SunnySideUpSmile
コーン吸います
Registration date: 8th Nov 2016
Okay I was panicking a bit then
23rd Oct 2017, 10:32 PM #20
Fabian W.
it feels so good
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
Chippewa Ghost:However, here's my (biased) take:

I think I just went beyond even "aircraft nose art" in terms of prudishness, because I just drew someone in a Victorian era swim suit for my February picture...