Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Land of Here

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Land of Here
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

"Land of Here", 30th Oct 2017, 3:29 AM #1
Text
You should see my other booty
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
A distinct aroma of fragrant vagrants and musky drunks wafts over the dreary drinkers and weary winkers of the Opening Sequence Bar in a small, delightful little burg called Tipsville. In this place, four to six people of unique skills and abilities come together. They take a moment to smell the odorous roses of this place, this magical beginning. It smells like the dawn of adventure.

You are an aspiring adventurer!
Meeting your new party in a tavern, you have each unequivocally decided to go on a great journey. (Don't argue. You already decided to do it. You can't just undecide.) And your first quest? To find a great quest!

To register yourself as an adventurer in this grand world, simply add your name to the list and choose one of the eight disciplines of Science. You have to. It's the law.

After registration, you'll receive a randomized set of primary abilities and a randomized selection of recommended classes! Wait, no, that last one won't be random. You may choose your class at your leisure, or just check "Other" and write yours in on the blank line.

The Eight Disciplines of Science

Gourmemancy: The Science of cooking and creating! (As long as your creating takes the form of cooking!) Make, shake, bake 'n' flake a multitude of consumables, ingestibles, edibles, and sometimes, regrettables.

Spectromancy: The Science of spectrographicisms and photofracticisms! Bend, shape, twist, and turn light, crafting elusive illusions, pretty colors, shifting shadows, and even occasionally lasers! Lasers are awesome.

Technomancy: The Science of beeps and boops! Arrange ones and zeroes or nuts and bolts, putting together machines simple and complex in a masterpiece of diabolical engineering! Some assembly required.

Gentlemancy: The Science of order and class. Perform arcane arrangements, enact diplomatic mystic non-derangements, soothe fools, and set rules for the duels.

Spectramancy: The Science of dead and doomliness! Master and overcome death itself, to make some things not be alive anymore, and make others become not dead anymore. In a sense.

Phonomancy: The Science of song and sound! Manipulate the vibrations of the Everywhere and the Elsewhere together to bend the sweet (or savory) sounds of Creation to your bidding... or just play the fiddle.

Bubblemancy: The Science of soap of suds! Pop bubbles and scrubbles to grant, clean, free, and ail friend and foe with a shiny (or grimy) sheen, from spotless clean might to dirty drippy fright!

Chancomancy: The Science of fortune and misfortune! Alter Lady Luck's flow to your go, or her no to your fro. Your hand was dealt to you by fate, but you've got an ace in the hole.

Player List
1. loyaldog the Technosynthesist
2. Dom the Mixologist
3. amithea the Magician
4. inky the Daredevil
5. matt the Masquerado
6. Kyo the Vagabond
30th Oct 2017, 5:45 AM #2
loyaldog
Weasel's new best friend
Registration date: 14th Feb 2017
1. loyaldog

Science: Technomancy. The description mentioned something about “diabolical”, yes? Let’s get computery.
30th Oct 2017, 5:47 AM #3
inky
has 'em lining up
Registration date: 15th Oct 2011
1. loyaldog
4. inky

I'll be a chancomancer please!
ℚ - the set of all rational numbers
30th Oct 2017, 6:01 AM #4
Amithea
here to party and fight
Registration date: 10th Jun 2017
1. loyaldog
3. amithea
4. inky
Gentlemancy all the way!!
30th Oct 2017, 6:09 AM #5
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
dasfdsfsf

1. loyaldog
3. amithea
4. inky
5. matt

spectromancy!
30th Oct 2017, 6:12 AM #6
Lt. Dom
Victim of Generosity
Registration date: 9th Mar 2012
1. loyaldog
2. Dom!
3. amithea
4. inky
5. matt

Gourmamency pls
30th Oct 2017, 8:29 AM #7
Text
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
1. loyaldog - Technomancy

Your core stats:
Mathematiculousness: B+
Slapdasherliness: B
Ferocity: A-

Recommended Classes:⬜ Blaster
⬜ Technosynthesist
⬜ Other (Please Specify)

2. Dom! - Gourmemancy

Your core stats:
Ocularity: B-
Impetuosity: F
Musicality: D+

Recommended Classes:⬜ Feastmaster
⬜ Mixologist
⬜ Other (Please Specify)

3. amithea - Gentlemancy

Your core stats:
Shysterity: B-
Bullishness: A+
Dapper: B+

Recommended Classes:⬜ Lawyer
⬜ Magician
⬜ Other (Please Specify)

4. inky - Chancomancy

Your core stats:
Tapacity: B-
Steadspeed: A+
Eclecticism: B+

Recommended Classes:⬜ Stuntwoman
⬜ Tap Dancer
⬜ Other (Please Specify)

5. matt - Spectromancy

Your core stats:
Spook: A-
Burl: B+
Sesquipedality: C

Recommended Classes:⬜ Trick-or-Treater
⬜ Vampire Hunter
⬜ Other (Please Specify)
30th Oct 2017, 9:46 AM #8
Lt. Dom
Victim of Generosity
I'll be a mixologist!!!
30th Oct 2017, 9:55 AM #9
Kyo
no longer a family man
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
so wait, can we double pick classes? if not I want to be Chancomancy guy. otherwise i'll pick spectromancy
30th Oct 2017, 10:22 AM #10
Text
1. yes two people can both pick the same science

2. signups are full, but i guess i did say 4 - 6 in my narrative and i know you might bring that up, so well played, hypothetical future kyo

6. Kyo - Chancomancy

Your core stats:
Cheek: C+
Homelessness: B
Hustle: C-

Class Recommendations:◻️ Vagrant
◻️ Vagabond
◻️ Other (Please Specify)

Merged Doublepost:

2. Dom! the Mixologist

You are a Mixologist Your primary Science is Gourmemancy and your secondary Science is Bubblemancy. You specialize in synergizing these two Sciences to create a wide variety of drinks and beverages. You possess a Scientific Cocktail Shaker, which you can use to shake things up. Due to the nature of your specialty, you are not quite that good at making food. Your Arcane Architectural Language is Guava.

You gain the following skills:
Decomponentmental Beogglement (Ocularity)
You can use your keen sense of Ocularity to ogle beverages and determine what their ingredients are.

Wariness of Shaky Fooding (Impetuosity)
You can use your distinct lack of Impetuosity to carefully plan and consider your actions, especially when Mixologizing, in order to achieve a better result.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll (Musicality)
You can shake your cocktail shaker more irregularly, shifting ingredients out of a rhythm and giving them a more volatile, free spread. It, uh, doesn't really do much either way.
30th Oct 2017, 10:40 AM #11
Lt. Dom
Victim of Generosity
Text:
2. Dom! the Mixologist

You are a Mixologist Your primary Science is Gourmemancy, and your secondary Science is Bubblemancy. You specialize in synergizing these two Sciences to create a wide variety of drinks and beverages. You possess a Scientific Cocktail Shaker, which you can use to shake things up. Due to the nature of your specialty, you are not quite that good at making food. Your Arcane Architectural Language is Guava.

It's just like me irl.
30th Oct 2017, 10:41 AM #12
Kyo
no longer a family man
I'll meet you half way, how about you just start me out with all Fs and I'll work my way up

also i will be a vagabond
30th Oct 2017, 11:04 AM #13
Text
Heads up, Dom, I edited the post with your stuff because I forgot your skills, and also to remove all the bold buzzwording because I thought that was dumb.

6. Kyo the Vagabond

You are a Vagabond. Your primary Science is Chancomancy, and you don't have a secondary Science. You specialize in wandering around, and also in being pretty tough and used to hard knocks. You've also seen a lot of things. You possess a Walking Stick, which you can control, but it can only really walk. Your Arcane Architectural Language is Fortunity.

You gain the following skills:
Gabber's Bad (Cheek)
With your terrible Cheek, you fail so badly at insulting people that you make them like you.

Where the Heart Is (Homelessness)
You can find or make something to call a home anywhere. You seem to have a house in lot of places, and can often get yourself one otherwise. You're not very good at being a vagabond.

Harebane Gait (Hustle)
You have the exceptional skill of being able to move exceptionally slowly, even in bad situations. With enough going on, you can even pretend to be a statue.
30th Oct 2017, 11:08 AM #14
Kyo
no longer a family man
well played, i just want you to know that I'm still gonna fuck this up though
30th Oct 2017, 11:11 AM #15
Lt. Dom
Victim of Generosity
yeh, I saw

I'm hyped
30th Oct 2017, 2:47 PM #16
inky
has 'em lining up
Registration date: 15th Oct 2011
I'll be daring and have my class be Other (Please Specify)

e: (Just to clarify, my specification for this is "Other (Please Specify)")
ℚ - the set of all rational numbers
30th Oct 2017, 3:45 PM #17
loyaldog
Weasel's new best friend
Registration date: 14th Feb 2017
I don’t know what a technosynthesist is, but I’ll be that because it sounds cool.
30th Oct 2017, 5:03 PM #18
Turquoise
Cat Herder
Registration date: 4th Aug 2014
Cool!
30th Oct 2017, 7:24 PM #19
Amithea
here to party and fight
Registration date: 10th Jun 2017
ooh, I'll be a magician haha
31st Oct 2017, 1:00 AM #20
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
Text:5. matt - Spectromancy

Your core stats:
Spook: A-
Burl: B+
Sesquipedality: C

that's a lot of spook! I'm going to have to choose Other (Please Specify) because I can't let Inky upstage me. Can I specify "master of disguise" or, if that isn't allowed, "mysterious foreign sysadmin"