Kyo
no longer a family man
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
I would like to use my hustle ability to sell matt a disguise
31st Oct 2017, 3:16 PM #22
Text
You should see my other booty
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
matt contests your F in Hustle with a B+ for Burl+, then punches you in the face and steals your lunch money. You're gonna need a little more luck to pull that off, Chancomancer!

4. inky the Daredevil

You told the person at the desk to please specify for you, and they thought that was kind of daring, so they figured you were a Daredevil. You are a Daredevil. Your primary Science is Chancomancy, and your secondary Science is also Chancomancy. You specialize in doing really risky things for bonuses, and for Radicality. You possess a Radical Stunt Helmet. Aside from upping your Radicality a decent margin, it is also scientifically enchanted to protect you from blows, especially in the cranial region. You can also headbutt people with it. Your Arcane Architectural Language is Fortunity.

You gain the following skills:
Tap Out (Tapacity)
You can use your Tapacity to tap dance out of trouble, and if you're lucky, which you no doubt could be, tap someone else in before they even know what hit 'em — which, if they're unlucky, will probably be a weapon.

Blunt the Brunt (Steadspeed)
With your exceptional Steadspeed, you can take, block, and otherwise remain unmoved by attacks and force alike. You can also shield allies (or foes, if you want to do that) from Area of Effect attacks.

Myradrics (Eclectic)
You know a little bit about a lot of things. You can consistently understand, but not always reliably make, really obscure references, and with your Eclecticism not as high as it could be, you don't have to go totally unspecialized.

1. loyaldog the Technosynthesist

You are a Technosynthesist. Your primary Science is Technomancy, and your secondary Science is Spectramancy. You specialize in using these two Sciences together to merge biological might with mechanical brawn, but you might be inclined to put it more poetically than that. Due to your focus, you are not particularly good at some aspects of engineering, and your focus on Spectromancy is entirely in that which revolves around the nature of life. You possess a Technosynthetic Enhancement Prosthetic in the place of your right arm. Though this means you have a robot arm in the place of a biological arm, this should hardly matter, because it gives you a nice Radicality bonus, on top of making your punches deadlier the way no brass knuckles could. It's a little short in dexterity, however — you'll have to remember to upgrade it as you go. Your Arcane Architectural Language is KOBOL.

Check Your Work (Mathematiculousness)
As a Technomancer with high Mathematiculousness, your math skill is already pretty high. Nonetheless, you can check your own work quickly to ensure things don't explode.

Nah, It's Fine (Slapdasherliness)
You do a pretty slapdash job with a lot of things, and may rush through things like checking your math, making it more likely that things might explode.

Police Brutality (Ferocity)
You're not a police officer, but you'd totally punch one. You're just a little completely ruthless, and being in the possession of a cool robot arm, like to punch things. You do the math, you slapdasher.

3. amithea the Magician

You are a Magician. Your primary Science is Gentlemancy, and your secondary Science is Spectromancy. You specialize in using these two Sciences together to dazzle with illusions, perform tricks, and look totally dapper in your showmanship. You are also bound by the Gentlemancer's Code, and as such, must keep some level of Classiness about you. You possess a Magic Top Hat. Though actually scientific, you make your business in magic, so magic is what you must call it. It can hold items for you in a small pocket of space, is scientifically shielded to look non-scientific, and enhances your natural Dapper. Your Arcane Architectural Language is PR/M.

Dandy Hancing Dands (Shysterity)
Your movements and motions are deceptive, in a B- sort of way. You can extend your Shysterity to your physical movements.

Brute Force of Personality (Bullishness)
You can abandon all restraint and lash out, putting yourself into your actions for better or for worse. Just, uh, don't try to do things like kicking down a steel door with this, 'kay? A+ ain't everything.

Your Eyes are Down Here (Dapper)
Sometimes, as you talk to people, you think they might only be listening because of how you look. Their drifting eyes towards your fantastic hat suggest that you may be right. Your natural Dapper, and its synergy with that granted by your Magician garb, helps you be more convincing in both your words and actions.

5. matt the Masquerado

You are a Masquerado. Your primary Science is Spectromancy, and you don't have a secondary Science. You specialize in mixing mundane articles with scientific illusions to take on a variety of identities. You possess a Masquerado's Masque de Masquerade. It enhances your natural Spook, in a Mystery sort of way, and is scientifically shielded to look non-scientific. Your Arcane Architectural Language is Crystal.

You Didn't Do Anything (Spook)
You excel at using your exceptional Spook to be mysterious. You can always be mysterious. Nobody can take this from you.

Masquerade of Muscle (Burl)
You can hide how weak you are with your muscle, in which how weak you are is actually not very. Point is, you can intimidate people with your Strength. I mean Burl.

Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - of Vast Lexicon (Sesquipedality)
In spite of the title of this skill, you, in fact, have quite the average vocabularity. You know a few words above the norm, sure, but you also don't know a few below the norm. This generic vocabulary, however, assists in your disguises by making your speech blend in more.

Each of you experiences your vision going white, the tell-tale sign of a scene change.

Dom!, Kyo, and the lowercase crew (or D!Klc) have just met and formed a party in the Intro Sequence Bar. Kyo does some sort of strange statue act at matt, and then finds his face hurting and his wallet a little emptier. He's not really sure what happened, seeing as his wallet was pretty empty to begin with.

You all look around for exclamation marks over peoples' heads. Alas, either there are no quests to be had here, or that's not how it works in this world. "Psst! Hey!" shouts a cloaked stranger in the corner. A short one, with vibrant hair peeking out of the cloak. He seems to think he's whispering.

What will you do?
31st Oct 2017, 3:43 PM #23
Kyo
no longer a family man
i ask the stranger if their cloak is for sale

e: i would like to use my F in hustling to ask real Friendly

e2: i would also like to use my F in hustling to offer them way too much money for it
31st Oct 2017, 4:12 PM #24
loyaldog
Weasel's new best friend
Registration date: 14th Feb 2017
Immediately assume he’s the bartender and walk up to him. “One shot of vodka, please. No, wait... THREE shots of vodka. I just did the math, and that’s enough to raise my blood alcohol content to my preferred level. Assuming I wanted any alcohol, because I actually want a glass of water. So forget everything I just said. I have a robot arm, by the way.”
31st Oct 2017, 4:27 PM #25
Text
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
"... Meet me in the alleyway down The Road at Nearby Street after I do my questgiver thing here and I can hook ya both up." Seeming to not realize that he is neither whispering nor sounding particularly mysterious — he has the voice of a child trying to speak deeply — he rubs his hands together. "Now. I gots a quest for ya. Bet there's some brass instr'ments in it for ya, too. Like trumpets, or knuckles. Ya interested?"

(Note: The next update will occur only after 24 hours have passed, or the four remaining players have posted. Whichever is sooner.)
31st Oct 2017, 5:19 PM #26
Kyo
no longer a family man
yeah fucking right

cloak or no deal. I'll give you 10 grand for it
1st Nov 2017, 7:51 AM #27
Amithea
here to party and fight
Registration date: 10th Jun 2017
Perking up at the mention of a quest, I walk up to the stranger to join loyaldog and Kyo. "Ohh, a quest, you say? Yes please. Actually, that's exactly what we're here for!! A quest. Give us the details, would you?"
1st Nov 2017, 8:32 AM #28
inky
has 'em lining up
Registration date: 15th Oct 2011
a faint smell of smoke creeps through the air, but not like cigarette smoke bc that's not cool. it's got a very distinct but subtle tinge to it, almost as if the smoke were auguring the arrival of a smokin hot daredevil grinding the pavement with her tubular moves

suddenly,,,

inky skateboards into frame, flashing a blinding glint of light from her radicool sunglasses. she does an ollie. then a double ollie. then a triple axel. wow.

she parkour backflips off the sweet ride, shooting her board into the air and catching it as she sticks her landing, exhuming a small plume of heroic, michael bay-esque dirt from the ground below.

she tilts down her sunglasses.

"i'm in. but you'd better have flügelhorns."
1st Nov 2017, 10:22 AM #29
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
i'm going to use my disguise skills to pretend to be kyo
1st Nov 2017, 10:30 AM #30
Kyo
no longer a family man
then i would like to exaggerate my own behavioral ticks to distinguish myself
1st Nov 2017, 11:04 AM #31
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
double down
1st Nov 2017, 3:24 PM #32
loyaldog
Weasel's new best friend
I use my math skills to calculate the height and voice pitch of the questgiver, so I can confirm my suspicion that this guy’s just a child in a costume.
1st Nov 2017, 3:32 PM #33
Kyo
no longer a family man
i make fun of loyaldog for actually trying to progress us
1st Nov 2017, 3:43 PM #34
loyaldog
Weasel's new best friend
Considering your cheek, Kyo...

Thank you!
2nd Nov 2017, 2:50 AM #35
Text
Something is up, and loyaldog knows it. With her expert math, she deduces that this is either a child, a duck, or some sort of sentient kazoo golem. Amidst the chaos intrinsic to an adventuring party, amithea's words of plot progression go unnoticed, but the questgiver speaks anyway.

As two Kyos seem to aggressively assert their personalities at one another in a furious stream of the repeated phrase "c'mon guys", the hooded quest giver gawks at inky. "That one's really radical," he says, "and that one's really nice," he says as one of the Kyos gives loyaldog some of the most sincerely kind compliments she'd ever heard.

"See, there's this Mad Phonomancer in town. His name's Al. He runs a place called Al's Tootery. Thing is, nobody's been seein' hide nor hair of 'im lately. It's possible he went and did himself in with a sentient kazoo golem, or some sorta evil trumpet or somethin'. If Al's dead, that stuff's gonna get out, so someone (you idiots) is gonna have to go take a look."
2nd Nov 2017, 8:13 AM #36
Kyo
no longer a family man
i agree to meet him but then instead blow him off to go to the coat store
2nd Nov 2017, 8:45 AM #37
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
disguised as kyo, I will attend the meeting in his place
2nd Nov 2017, 11:37 AM #38
Kyo
no longer a family man
i realize i got mixed up and ask the coat vendor directions to the cloak store

Merged Doublepost:

and then blow off the cloak store to instead attend the meeting with that cloaked kid
2nd Nov 2017, 11:45 AM #39
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
if kyo attends the meeting, pretend to be the cloak
2nd Nov 2017, 1:28 PM #40
Kyo
no longer a family man
i would like to buy matt