I'm very fond of evil councils. Getting to be in on villains' meetings is such a treat for me. I like the feeling that they're actually plotting and taking action instead of just waiting for the heroes to show up.
I also love elemental McGuffins, even though they're extremely tired. I don't have a good reason for this one; it's just my guilty pleasure.
Choose your character! Guest chibis: Jerry, Aleks, Annie, Rous |
Frickin', those romance cliches where two characters find themselves in a situation where there's only one bed, and I'm like, "OOH I wonder if they'll share the bed," knowing FULL WELL that they are GOING to SHARE THAT BED. Cuddles are cute okay
I like a lot stories full of that teen angst and even borderline laughable edginess. I also like overly complex and dramatic stories, probably thanks to metal gear solid. And I actually like tsunderes...kill me.
I just can't get enough double meanings, especially in titles or to create irony. I managed to come up with a lot of gems as my series goes on.
One of my favourites is the very late episode "Fit", which follows the same character over two scenes: getting a dress fitted, and working out at a gym. It also touches on a third meaning: her continued difficulties in feeling as if she "fits in" as a normal person.
7. the character learning how to control their power/do that skill they're bad at in their party's time of need
PlatinumPencilz: Also when characters who don't normally get along have to team up for whatever reason then end up being friends (or at least hate each other less).
I also love characters who have known each other a really long time and insult each other relentlessly, but they are extremely loyal and protective of each other when it comes down to it. Warms my tin heart every time. :)
1) Characters speaking to themselves to clue the reader in
2) The one character out of the loop that everybody keeps explaining plot points to. (see inception)
3) Using a dead persons body part for ID. The severed hand, the head, the eye.. and....
4) Bad guy mimicking the voice of another (good) character- as a trick, usually.
5) good guy lives in a crappy place and bad guy has a massive base.
I like the guy that talks to himself to clue the reader in, too. Because I TALK TO MYSELF D:
I like Uh Oh Eyes. The fact that Uh Oh Eyes exist in Twilight give me great shame that I enjoy Uh Oh Eyes, but god damn it. The whole "THEIR EYES ARE GLOWING, THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN" thing, I just like it okay