Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - cintiq screen protector grabby

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > cintiq screen protector grabby
Pages: [1]

"cintiq screen protector grabby", 8 days ago, 5:31 PM #1
joeyballast
decked out
Registration date: 12th Oct 2014
I need some advice on screen protectors.

My cintiq has had a screen protector on it for around 3 years (since I discovered that I use enough pressure while drawing to scratch the hell out of the frosted glass on the tablet itself).

The screen protector is awesome. No nicks. No scratches. No bubbles. Feels like paper under the stylus nib. But since I've started slowing down and practicing inking techniques I've discovered a problem.

The screen protector is kinda grabby on my hand. Sticky almost. It's hard to draw slow straight lines when your drawing hand sticks to the screen.

I wear a glove while drawing. Bare hand is sticky, too. I've washed the screen multiple times. I've washed the gloves multiple times. Still no dice.

I really don't want to replace the screen protector. Not unless I can find a custom-cut glass screen protector or something.

Does anyone know of an easy trick/substance to make the screen protector nice and slick once more? I'd love to hear from someone before I douse my tablet with industrial lubricant.
6 days ago, 8:52 AM #2
Matt Comics
General Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
Not sure if it helps but... what is your glove made of? I wear a fingerless wool glove and it makes my hand slide so easily on my tablet.
5 days ago, 4:41 AM #3
joeyballast
decked out
Registration date: 12th Oct 2014
Good idea! I have, however, a collection of gloves at this point. Nice wool glove is among them.