Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Minor Trivia about your series!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Minor Trivia about your series!
Pages: [1] [2]

"Minor Trivia about your series!", 8th Dec 2017, 12:32 AM #1
ChristianRepass
📖
Registration date: 6th Apr 2017
Here, we talk about some tiny details in your series that people might find interesting.

In Uib's Legacy, Uib is the only human on Perinn with a Pictish name instead of a Gaelic name. In fact, "Uib" is one of the few, if not only, Pictish names we know of today.
8th Dec 2017, 1:02 AM #2
defo18

Registration date: 18th Aug 2012
8th Dec 2017, 1:16 AM #3
Xenocartographer
cruel map sap
Registration date: 13th Oct 2010
One of Unichat's main cast is named after a philosophical term. The trouble is, I only heard the word, and didn't think to check the spelling... By the time I realized I had it wrong, it was too late to change it, though I did later give it an in-universe explanation. A less significant character was actually arrested when I realized I'd gotten the Latin grammar in his username wrong.

Also, any comment written as if it were a PM to a character is automatically canon, which one of my readers discovered by proposing to a character over a joke about waffles.
8th Dec 2017, 1:43 AM #4
JTige

Registration date: 12th Oct 2016
Oh boy, time to gush about things that only I probably care about.

8th Dec 2017, 1:43 AM #5
Jean_Q_Citizen

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Ardrienne's father, Arsene Renelsoir, went missing in 1998. His father was the leader of a splinter group of Bonapartists who were anti-fascist during WWII. Arsene inherited the leadership position. They believed that someday, a female child would be born in the great Napoleon's city of birth who would restore the French Empire to its former glory.

Guess who that child is? When you're raised from the age of four to believe you're the savior of the world, you tend to get a big ego.
8th Dec 2017, 1:50 AM #6
Xenocartographer
cruel map sap
Registration date: 13th Oct 2010
Oh boy, time to gush about things that only I probably care about.

I, for one, thought the names were pretty cool. :)
8th Dec 2017, 1:54 AM #7
Ambrose_Folly

Registration date: 12th Dec 2015
Magic is possible through an organelle called a "Manachondria", capable of quantum entanglement and atomic manipulation on a macroscopic scale. This was one of many mutations caused by pulsar that bathed earth in radiation, resulting in a rapid mutation rate in prehistoric humans resulting in elves, dwarves, tyastians and goblins.
The geography isn't much different. Just wetter.
8th Dec 2017, 1:55 AM #8
JTige

Registration date: 12th Oct 2016
Aww, shucks. Yeah, naming conventions are something that really interest me for some reason.
8th Dec 2017, 2:10 AM #9
Chippewa Ghost
Spooky scary
Registration date: 6th Dec 2016
Look for the number 33.

ROOOOOOOOOOON DAAAAAAAAAAAAYNE
8th Dec 2017, 2:51 AM #10
WanderingJew
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Lionel plucks and shapes his brows.
8th Dec 2017, 2:55 AM #11
SunnySideUpSmile
not nama
Registration date: 8th Nov 2016
I really like trivia! :D Here's a few facts that some people may or may not know. ;)

8th Dec 2017, 3:23 AM #12
BUMBLEBEE

Registration date: 18th Sep 2016
Most of the tanks in Drive On have names stenciled on the guns, though we haven't seen enough of them yet to be obvious (very soon we'll be in the motor pool). The names all start with "B," because they're in Bravo Company. The name of the tank the main character inherits, Buck Wild, was the name of my first tank IRL. It gets renamed later on in the story, a preview of which currently resides in the naughty pictures of your characters thread...
8th Dec 2017, 3:43 AM #13
Sikyanakotik
really tolerated
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
I love sharing trivia! Let's see:

A lot of major plot point in Today's Client actually began with random joke drawings. There's a real trend of things I introduce as jokes being played later for drama. And for that matter, things I used for drama being brought up again as jokes.

Molly's Pokémon nature originally came from an observation that her character design could be derived as a cross between a Pikachu and a Piplup. The exact details changed, but her monstrous, extra-game nature became central to both her character and numerous story arcs. She uses her catchphrase far more frequently than than other characters as an allusion to "Pokémon speak".

Robin is a huge fan of strategy games, especially Fire Emblem. I figured she'd either end up coming to love or hate the series after sharing her name with Awakening's avatar character, and "love" seemed more interesting. This eventually becomes extremely plot-relevant when she gets her own side series.

Michael Rooney's first name comes from the base character's Japanese name, "Mike". The allusion to actor Mickey Rooney was a happy accident. Frank uses his Japanese name, "Hulk", as his former ring name. Both Robin's Japanese name, "Parchik", and her Spanish name, "Aria", become relevant in the series; to say more at this point would be a major spoiler.

For that matter, nearly every single character's full name is some variety of pun, reference, or translation. Which is almost necessary when writing for a series that loves its name puns nearly as much as Ace Attorney.

Twiggy's real given name is Leslie; she gets her nickname from model Leslie "Twiggy" Lawson. The youngest Banks sister is Peggy Banks, a medical researcher working in Brazil who never becomes plot relevant.
8th Dec 2017, 3:55 AM #14
Lee M

Registration date: 19th Aug 2013
In an earlier incarnation of Nightshade, Nightshade and Peppers were called Dulcamara and Cebolla.
Storm Over Whoomera (NSFW, nudity) Comic Fury | Tumblr | Renderosity (first page)
Created by Ed Kline, co-writer Lee M
8th Dec 2017, 4:00 AM #15
zerothe3rd

Registration date: 5th Feb 2014
The compass on Kyoni's Wristcom always points True North. Even when it is vertical it is trying to point North. This is true until it is turned off in Chapter 3. Temperatures are always in Kelvin.

8th Dec 2017, 4:23 AM #16
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I will only put stuff that doesn't give anything away that is significant to the driving plot.

- The only thing Jekyll and Hyde share in common is their prescription for glasses. It's supposed to be a nod to the saying "eyes are the windows to the soul".
- Like most nerds, Jekyll is allergic to a lot of things. All of them on a harmless level as they all do the same thing; they make him sneeze and his eyes itch.
- Hyde is actually doe-faced by troll standards. He has long eyelashes, none of his teeth stick out of his mouth and he has no moles.
- Poole has reading glasses though he only wears them when reading.
8th Dec 2017, 4:34 AM #17
SharpyTheYellowKirby
got away with it
Registration date: 27th May 2014
Carol, Susan, and Dana all did their hair the same way throughout elementary school. No one could tell them apart.

Susan is the shortest INYF girl, while Rachel is the tallest.

Susan hates fish.

Monica loves anime, but tells everyone she hates it to piss the weebs off.

Dana once spent an entire week doing her hair for a party

Natalie refuses to talk about politics with anyone, and will shut anyone up who dares to mention anything political.
8th Dec 2017, 4:59 AM #18
junoro
So much to do in one lifetime
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Land Shark starts off with blue hues because those are the main colours that Caddy can see
8th Dec 2017, 5:05 AM #19
khkddn
you're a good khkddn
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
Edith and Zander both have ornithophobia (fear of birds). This fear stems from when they were attacked by geese when they were little kids. It's a funny memory to look back on, but they still freak out if a pigeon-sized bird or bigger gets near them.

Additionally, Edith gets nervous at the sight of birds because one time in middle school someone put a dead bird in her locker.
8th Dec 2017, 5:46 AM #20
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
For now, most I can share is the meta stuff.