Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - What did your comic do for you today?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did your comic do for you today?
Pages: [1] [2]

"What did your comic do for you today?", 12th Dec 2017, 2:24 AM #1
inky
Mmmm, I love this trash
Registration date: 15th Oct 2011
I know this is kinda a copy thread in the title, but I'm genuinely curious: How do you feel your comic is helping you?
12th Dec 2017, 2:57 AM #2
Lee M

Registration date: 19th Aug 2013
By giving purpose to my otherwise drab, meaningless existence.

OK, seriously, though, working on Ed's comics and administering the Tumblr sites, even though I'm only doing about 10% of the total work, does give me a certain sense of achievement, a feeling that I'm making my mark, however small, on the world of science fiction and comics.
Storm Over Whoomera (NSFW, nudity) Comic Fury | Renderosity (first page)
Created by Ed Kline, co-writer Lee M
12th Dec 2017, 3:21 AM #3
demontales

Registration date: 30th Mar 2011
It made me dance.
12th Dec 2017, 3:40 AM #4
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Makes me feel productive! Finding ways to make the comic making process more streamline without sacrificing too much quality is fun, and can give me a morale boost since I'm a web developer..(and that line of work can just be the definition of demoralizing @_@).
12th Dec 2017, 4:17 AM #5
SinisterRabbit

Registration date: 21st Jul 2015
Allows me to tell the story I want to tell and also to ease my bored existence.

My Webcomic:
12th Dec 2017, 4:17 AM #6
khkddn
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
It's something fun to work on, no matter what's going on in my life. Even when I'm stressed out I'm drawing stuff. The things I make when I'm in a bad mood are poorly drawn (examples: all the weird promotional videos I've made for my comic) but at least it's something productive for me to do.
12th Dec 2017, 5:45 AM #7
Bear

Registration date: 6th Dec 2011
Lee M:By giving purpose to my otherwise drab, meaningless existence.

Lee goes on to say "NO, seriously" , but in my case it's NO joke ! Retired, post-transplant, with mobility problems caused by the drugs and a wife who moved out to live with my daughter and family, 3 hours away. ( otherwise things are perfect! B-) ) ...the fact I'd already got into doing my early ones, has left me maintaining what's left of my sanity, doing Butterfly Effect, an 'alternative' re-write of my younger life ! [ and sometimes updating one of the others ]
Not really, I never had half the angst of Phil; I wasn't intersex, nor involved with anyone who was; didn't spend half my life in France (although I did surf there a few times); worked in I.T., but wasn't as good as Phil; didn't have a lost sister, nor were my oldies separated, nor my mother quite such a religious idiot; I never had a heart condition (my bugbear was asthma...until kidney failure, later in life - 54). I did surf. I did move to Oz, so almost an autobiography ! B-)
Some days I don't lift a finger to it, for days, but the plotline, such as it is, and the ideas for panels/pages are always running through the grey matter. So it's kept me going through low times. What happens when it's finished..... ? B-)
12th Dec 2017, 8:10 AM #8
Mel Cormac
Blimpmaster
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
It keeps me drawing! Without my comic I'm sure I would have dropped drawing years ago and it would be just another abandoned hobby. It helps me relax and be creative without writing all day. (I love writing, but I need breaks or I'll go mad!)

My comic also acts as a diary in many ways, I can sort through things that have happened in my life and see them from a different perspective to get a better handle on them.

There's also something very liberating in making something creative without worrying too much about its quality. I just make it because I like it and that's SO MUCH LESS PRESSURE.
12th Dec 2017, 9:03 AM #9
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
It gave me another reason to get out of bed today, cuz I had to update it.
12th Dec 2017, 9:15 AM #10
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
Hoo boy. Where do I start?

I've been doing this silly comic since I was 11. I finally started to show it online this year. But all those years, it helped me keep track of my life like a satiric diary. The events I record may be distorted and layered with fictional lore, but it's still fun to keep memories that way.

Needless to say, it allows me to keep drawing and drawing and drawing... I've always been the kind of person who doodles every day, so I may as well do it with a purpose: telling a story I enjoy. You have no idea how much I improved over the years, too.

This also applies to my creativity in general. Without a story, all these ideas would just be wasted energy.

What I also find awesome is meeting cool people thanks to my comic. Readers, fans, even other authors whose work I enjoy because it kinda reminds me of mine in some way. You can never meet enough cool people.

As for today, specifically... I guess my comic reminded me I better scan that next page and work on it before the weekend.
12th Dec 2017, 9:45 AM #11
NiaNook
not the one who meowed (?)
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
It's something to have a passion for and to work for. It gave me someone to "talk to" when I felt alone or wanted to express myself (like imaginary friends but you're in 3rd person? It sounds weird, now that I mention it). It's also made me laugh or given me the warm-fuzzies.
12th Dec 2017, 10:10 AM #12
tim-in-a-box

Registration date: 28th Apr 2016
well everyone HATES me for it and legit wishes me death just for making it X_X
which is a real shame because I just wanna have fun with it and make up weird shit and I just wanna share all this fun with peole but they are just /NO TIM :|/ D;
12th Dec 2017, 3:45 PM #13
Travis

Registration date: 16th Feb 2015
Today my comic told me that 130 people visited yesterday, and I should probably make more pages. I laughed and said, "shut up I'm making gingerbread cookies"
12th Dec 2017, 6:04 PM #14
junoro
yesterday, you said junoro
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
My comic made me laugh today when I thought of a really silly joke that I could throw into it. It keeps me sharp because of how much snark 2 of the characters have for each other!
12th Dec 2017, 6:31 PM #15
Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
Last night I spent a few hours just binging on my own writing. (Okay, the parts I haven't gotten to yet on Comic Fury, but still …)

I figure that if I can inspire that kind of reaction in my harshest critic, I've definitely made something to be proud of. Even my statistics tell me my story's super-bingeable: I may not have broken 50 unique readers in one day yet, but I still average around five hits per reader.
12th Dec 2017, 6:39 PM #16
junoro
yesterday, you said junoro
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Heck yeah, you know you've got something good when you start getting lost in your own story and start laughing at your own jokes! It's pretty darn important that you're enjoying what you're creating too!
12th Dec 2017, 7:22 PM #17
Damatris
the only thing I'll hit is the books
Registration date: 4th Mar 2014
Today my comic provided a distraction from feeling miserably ill. Might not have finished much work at all but at least it kept me occupied for a bit and lessened my boredom from watching tv, not being able to focus, hoping to nap and sneezing like crazy.
12th Dec 2017, 9:53 PM #18
GMan003
I can explain
Registration date: 18th May 2011
I had a serious pile of Boring Adult Stuff™ to take care of, that I've been putting off for weeks, and managed to trick myself into getting all of it done in one day by telling myself "as soon as you get that done, you can go back to work on that comic idea".

So now I'm off to do some scripting and maybe some more research for the conlang.
12th Dec 2017, 10:31 PM #19
Theta Sigma
Alley Dweller
Registration date: 5th Feb 2016
Gave me something to think about during the duller parts of my working day (the work was so monotonous, it didn't require much thought).
12th Dec 2017, 11:58 PM #20
MST3KFan

Registration date: 31st Aug 2014
What did my comic do for me? Let me tell a tale...

Ever since I was a child, I've loved to draw. I wanted to draw comics for a living and did a lot of my own comics in high school on notebook paper.

Once I graduated high school, I took a tour of a big art school in my state, but when they told me the cost of tuition there for just a single semester, my heart sank. Add to that, people I talked to online that went to art colleges for degrees struggled to find jobs for years after, barely able to cover the debt they racked up for their degrees....I lost hope.

Though for years, I still did drawings for characters and ideas. Even more so once I discovered anime in the late 90s.

However, all that these projects mostly got to was rough story plotline ideas, character designs, and so on... No comics, no nothing. They went into the piles of ideas I never used.

At around the late 2000s, I just stopped caring about art and drawing. Only doing it occasionally and spent most of my free time just sitting at the computer surfing the net, watching movies, playing video games. Nothing productive.

Then around 2013, after a number of events in my family's lives as well as my own. I came to realization that I needed to do something at long last that I put off for so many reasons before. Finally do a comic. I found more recent sketches and a rough attempt at a comic about a group of adults that each had their own quirk. One was a toy collector, another a video gamer, another a music nut... It seemed easy enough to adapt into a full-on comic, and so in 2014 I spent months redrawing the characters, writing up character backgrounds and finally making comic pages. On September 1st, 2014...POW! Right in the Nostalgia was posted here on Comic Fury.

It is still going with 191 subscribers, over 111,000 visitors, and almost 830 pages.

So what did my comic for me today? It keeps me from sitting around and doing nothing. It's made me set out to actually work on something rather than sit around just playing video games or watching TV. It distracts me from things that would otherwise eat away at me.

Basically, it keeps me sane I guess as well as I enjoy these characters I created. They've grown and changed through the years, and I hope to help them keep growing somehow.

Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did your comic do for you today?
Pages: [1] [2]