"should i give up on life", 10th Jan 2018, 11:28 PM #1
chlfan201

Registration date: 28th Oct 2017
after every thing ive been through i feel like noone loves me anymore
10th Jan 2018, 11:55 PM #2
Nyomi
Drum bum
Registration date: 15th Jun 2016
If by “give up on life” you mean “go into the mirror, look at yourself, and tell yourself that you are a gorgeous human being and you deserve life and spend the day treating yourself, blast your favorite music and go eat your favorite ice cream, and remember that everyday is a good day for both others and yourself because you’re alive, and remember that life is sure to get better and just because you can’t see that right now doesn’t mean it won’t happen,” then yes, go do that.

Here’s the suicide prevention hotline, if you need a voice to tak to: tel:+18002738255

If things seem hopeless right now, that doesn’t mean that they always will be. Suicide just erases any hope of it getting better. Take it day by day and remember that it’s always a good day if you’re still alive. You always affect far more people than you realize, and those people are grateful you’re still around.

If you need to talk, my PM boxes are open.

a little known fact is that i'm actually danny phantom in disguise :O
11th Jan 2018, 12:13 AM #3
JuicyGrey
✖✖✖
Registration date: 25th Jul 2015
<<snip>>
11th Jan 2018, 1:05 AM #4
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
We all have those moments, but they come and go. That and what you need is someone to talk to even if it's a helpline. And that's ok. :)
11th Jan 2018, 1:48 PM #5
Adam-00

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2014
<<Snip>>
11th Jan 2018, 1:53 PM #6
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
Registration date: 27th Mar 2015
ah don't forget, there's a crisis line where you can communicate purely through text! Their number is 741741, and their site's here.
11th Jan 2018, 6:48 PM #7
C.S. Jones

Registration date: 28th Mar 2014
No. Even if no one loves you now, which is doubtful, someone will in the future.

If it ever comes down to the wire, and you're staring the possibility of suicide in the face, decide instead to abandon what's making you unhappy in life and throw yourself into a passion. It might be your art, but it's perfectly fine to choose something else. Even if you're not very good at it now, keep practicing, and as you improve, your love for it it will only grow, until that in and of itself is enough to sustain you through the hard times. Lately, I've found that I don't care if I have a girlfriend, if I'm popular, or how much money I'm pulling in as long as I have enough to live indoors and keep drawing.

Most people are scared to pursue their dreams for fear of not making enough money to live a certain lifestyle, impress their friends or family or whatever, but for those of us who've been to the point where you've wondered, "is today the day I buy a gun and one bullet?", then what do you have to lose? You might be in the best position to make a new life for yourself right now, in fact.

However, please also seek medication and therapy. Depression is a combination of chemical factors and feeling stuck in a rut of negative circumstances, and treatment can help with both of those.
12th Jan 2018, 5:35 AM #8
Graybee

Registration date: 27th Aug 2017
I just lost my sister to suicide, so I just want to tell you that you're incredibly important and add a lot of meaning and value to things that surround you. I'm sorry you are in a lot of pain, and no matter what we are here for you. You are a glimmer of hope in a bleak world and the apple of someone's eye whether that be your mom, a good friend or a teacher. The possibility of you dying will destroy someone's heart and we would be without your posts here.

I hope you carry on.
12th Jan 2018, 9:25 AM #9
...(RockB)

Registration date: 7th Jul 2016
C.S. Jones:No. Even if no one loves you now, which is doubtful, someone will in the future.

That.
Of course there's no 100% guarantee, but the likelihood that you find real friends, joy in life and even love later on (even if you are not actively looking for it!) is quite high. Well, there's one condition that, if not true, would prevent any of that from happening: You must be alive at that time in the future.

Edit: Personal stuff removed.
12th Jan 2018, 5:28 PM #10
MrTorchy

Registration date: 15th Feb 2016
chlfan201:after every thing ive been through i feel like noone loves me anymore

Banish the thought, you can do it.

You are more than your trauma.

You are more than your pains, and sorrows.

You are more.

I, and all of us here, believe in you.
12th Jan 2018, 9:38 PM #11
Jarvi
formerly Saari
Registration date: 20th Sep 2013
<hugs>
I know what you feel, I've been there many times recently. But don't give up. Even if your family doesn't care, even if no one seems to want to share life with you. Don't give up. I know how it is. But things change. You never know when you can meet some special friends for whom you'll be very important. Maybe they're just around the corner. And there are people from CF, we care. We might not be super friends yet, but that can change too. It's worth to wait the bad times out and see what happens.

First of all if you still feel that way, try to get some immediate help. Talk to someone on the emergency line that was shown before, talk to us. Then talk to your doctor, ask them about some therapy options, maybe medication, there are things that can help.

And lastly, if there's no one around you to care for you, maybe you can get a pet? Even during the darkest days I'm always cheered by my silly snuggly rat. Animals don't judge, they don't have much requirements, if you give them food, shelter and love, they will love you in return. And caring for something helps too.
14th Jan 2018, 4:12 PM #12
taikina
a dark, yet alluring presence
Registration date: 6th Mar 2016
loneliness is the worst thing that can happen to a human, but never give up.
14th Jan 2018, 4:42 PM #13
Ambrose_Folly

Registration date: 12th Dec 2015
You aren't alone.
I've had moments like this before. But I got mad and chose not to give up on life just out of spite: "one day I'll show them, I won't let the world do this to me, etc."
Only problem with that: anger is a damaging emotion and not good in the long run. Stress is a killer as it prematurely ages you: as a result folks IRL think I'm twice my age.

What you should do:

- Talk to someone. Suicide hotline, trusted folks, etc.
- Go out for a walk, enjoy the morning air. Watch a sunrise (its winter, they're late so its easy to do)
- Watch your favorite shows. Get a few good laughs.
- Think about all the good things you have. Write a list.
- After that, think about something you want. A goal to reach. Keep going towards that goal no matter what.
Example:

Want to publish a comic? Work hard to make it the comic you've dreamed of. Print it and ask local shops to stock it. Keep asking around until someone agrees.

- Get out into the world. Meet folks. Comment to a cashier about the weather. Compliment someone's winter hat. Do something to distract yourself from your negative feelings and if you "fake it" enough, you will "make it".
14th Jan 2018, 11:37 PM #14
applecitrus

Registration date: 5th Jan 2018
I don't think you should give up.

It's okay to think about, and to talk about your troubles.

It is possible to meet new people, and to love new people. There may be people who love you that you don't even know about.

Whatever you do, please be kind to yourself. Getting some sleep, keeping yourself fed, and bathing every day can go a long way towards helping with all sorts of things.
Forum > General discussion > should i give up on life
Pages: [1]