Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Making extra cash

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Making extra cash
Pages: [1]

"Making extra cash", 12th Jan 2018, 11:05 PM #1
Graybee

Registration date: 27th Aug 2017
Do any of you guys have a good solution to make some extra money? Trying to get a job above 10 dollars in my city is hard if you're a student. That being said, I do have a job I work at for 20 hours a week in retail.

I do babysitting here and there but living in an LDS city usually means they want an LDS babysitter.

Do you guys make some side money off anything cool? Or have some suggestions? I'm not a big spender. I spend maybe 50 bucks every 2-3 weeks.
12th Jan 2018, 11:29 PM #2
E-hero Vulven
tells us a tale of e-bravery
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
Walk dogs, cut grass, raise kid's or manchildren's Pogeymanz. Reserve space and sell stuff like telling fortunes. Panhandling too if you're shameless.
13th Jan 2018, 1:13 AM #3
Cartoonist_at_Large

Registration date: 26th Jul 2016
I do freelance graphic design / illustration on a site called UpWork, which I highly recommend if you're looking for a way to leverage your art talents.

There are literally a million jobs put up there every day (everything from animation to logo design); and once you've got a profile set up on the site, you can start sending in proposals for whatever ones take your fancy. Unlike other sites which seem almost totally focussed on 'you have to put in the best bid, 'cause that's all that matters', the jobs I've got have all come down to clients hiring me based on my portfolio rather than my hourly rate / proposed fee.

The site owners, obviously (and fair enough), take a cut from every job you do, but the more earnings you make over time, the smaller the amount they deduct - I've only been on the site for maybe four months, but (also due to the US / NZ dollars exchange rate, which means I end up with more money when it gets to my bank account) I've made nearly a grand already.... So there we go.
14th Jan 2018, 7:15 AM #4
Graybee

Registration date: 27th Aug 2017
I actually looked into Upwork and got to make 60 bucks pretty quickly!! Thank you.
14th Jan 2018, 10:37 AM #5
Mel Cormac
Blimpmaster
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
When I was a student I applied to a catering/retail agency that offered shifts on an ad hoc basis and that worked amazingly for me because I could work weekends, and not work at all when I had deadlines coming up. If you can find an agency that offers similar flexibility, you should think about applying!

(Depending on how income tax works in your country, you may get taxed astronomically on your second job, so I'd bear that in mind)
14th Jan 2018, 3:34 PM #6
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Maybe you can volunteer to clean driveways or walks during the winter (if it snows there) or rake leaves, pull weeds and do stuff like that mainly for the elderly. They really appreciate it and you're doing a kind thing for them.
Forum > General discussion > Making extra cash
Pages: [1]