Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - my shoulder won't untense

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > my shoulder won't untense
Pages: [1]

"my shoulder won't untense", 12th Jan 2018, 11:32 PM #1
deerwithgoggles

Registration date: 25th Aug 2013
i'm posting about this here because i've already complained to all my friends and i don't know what else to do

but this started happening today where

my right shoulder and my right ear feel like they have magnets in them attracting them to each other, and also that my neck feels like it has a really tight rubber band in it, and it's taking all my power not to tense up my shoulder

it just W O N ' T
12th Jan 2018, 11:37 PM #2
Karinite
twilight sparkle is the purple one
Registration date: 29th Mar 2017
Try stretching your neck/shoulder. Don't roll your neck, just move it back and forth, then left to right. Then, try rolling your shoulder and massaging it. If that doesn't work, I'm not too sure what else.

Hope it starts getting better!
My god I just realized I can embed a link. ~ Wednesday, March 29th, 2017. 7:30 P.M.
Banner: image
Maaaagic poll Thanks argylefox, for the avatar!
12th Jan 2018, 11:52 PM #3
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
The only thing I can think of is stop whatever it was you've been doing and get up and take long walks to get your posture to normalize naturally.

And prolly maybe see a doctor.

Hope you get better.
12th Jan 2018, 11:56 PM #4
khkddn
death is imminent
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
This happens when I sleep with my head turned at a weird angle. To get myself out of it I have to try to roll my shoulder, keep pressure on the tensed muscle, and slowly move my head back into a normal position.

It goes away pretty quickly, but one time it lasted for three days. I kept an electric blanket pressed against my neck and it seemed to help. But if you're stuck like that for longer than a day, you should be smarter than me and go see a doctor.
12th Jan 2018, 11:59 PM #5
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
13th Jan 2018, 1:43 AM #6
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Hopefully it's just muscular. If you spend long times at the computer your muscles in your neck could have tensed up which could be the reason why your shoulder and ear feel like they're drawing together. Try applying heat and ice alternatively every 15 mins for about an hour over the next week. If you have access to a bath, take a long soak. If not and you have a power shower, turn up the heat as high as you find comfortable and blast the area for at least 10 minutes.

As others have said, if you feel it's more serious, then see a doctor.

Some questions you'll probably be asked is, if there's pain, is it constant or sporadic? What are you doing at the time when this occurs? Expect a full blood work up if they can't determine the problem then and there. Maybe also an X-Ray.

The main thing is to try and not panic and if you google your symptoms, take the top results with a grain of salt. The worst conditions are always at the top regardless.

If you feel it's not so serious and want to wait it out then as already suggested, stretching and walking will help loosen up your muscles. A deep massage on the area might be in order or a couple of trips to a physiotherapist.

This is a bit alternative and this is coming from someone who is skepitcal of alternative treatments but if you can find someone who practices Bowen Therapy in your area, it might be worth a go too. I went to a few sessions after I got my back fixed and it helped loosen out my muscles.

Hope this helps.