Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Character Page/Cast Featurette

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Layouts, HTML, CSS & Javascript > Character Page/Cast Featurette
Pages: [1]

"Character Page/Cast Featurette", 13th Jan 2018, 2:46 AM #1
SpyreComics

Registration date: 11th Dec 2017
Can someone direct me to the thread that explains how to create my own characters page? You know, like an extra page with a text box above an image and a brief description? Or am I gonna need help with that? Limited programming experience. I never got past functions and if statements. It's HTML anyways, just give me a few tips yeah? Appreciate it.

"Character Page/Cast Featurette", 13th Jan 2018, 2:57 AM #2
rickrudge

Registration date: 11th Jul 2017
Hi SpyreComics,

I was under the impression that you simply posted the characters information on page two (and maybe three). The first page is sort of a cover page with copyright info and stuff like that. Naturally, this isn’t engraved in stone, and maybe just letting the readers get to know the characters in the story is alright.

I’ve never really done this myself. I’m looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

—Rick Rudge

My Other Comix— Tag Forester in: Burglary in the Burbs

13th Jan 2018, 3:23 AM #3
Kyo
no longer a family man
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
so wait, are you asking how to create the extra page, or how to format it?

if it's the former, click the "Webcomic Site/Layout" tab, and then "Create an extra page"

if it's the latter, how about posting a mock-up of what you would like to to look like? that'd be a good starting point. You can edit the page either using the what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor or HTML
13th Jan 2018, 3:25 AM #4
SpyreComics

rickrudge:Hi SpyreComics,

I was under the impression that you simply posted the characters information on page two (and maybe three). The first page is sort of a cover page with copyright info and stuff like that. Naturally, this isn’t engraved in stone, and maybe just letting the readers get to know the characters in the story is alright.

I’ve never really done this myself. I’m looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

—Rick Rudge

My Other Comix— Tag Forester in: Burglary in the Burbs

Oh yeah... There are plenty of single paged character lists from Krazy Noodle all the way to Aether and even something like Bicycle Boy. I just don't know how to do it.

13th Jan 2018, 3:29 AM #5
khkddn
death is imminent
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
The first thing you need to do is create an extra page for your website. This is different from uploading a comic page.

Go to "My Webcomics" (at the top of Comicfury) -> "Manage" (there's a picture of a file next to it) -> "Webcomic Site/Layout" -> "Create an Extra Page"

Then you'll be brought to an editor that makes it pretty easy to add the text and images you want for your cast page.
13th Jan 2018, 3:29 AM #6
SpyreComics

Kyo:so wait, are you asking how to create the extra page, or how to format it?

if it's the former, click the "Webcomic Site/Layout" tab, and then "Create an extra page"

if it's the latter, how about posting a mock-up of what you would like to to look like? that'd be a good starting point. You can edit the page either using the what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor or HTML

Kyo, so, you're telling me I can just edit the extra page like I would my comic page? And add images inside the extra page editor without any syntax hassle? That... makes sense.

Merged Doublepost:

OK, so, apparently, you can just edit the extra page and add the images manually through there, hence the 'OR' HTML. Wow I am stoop-id. No shame in the game guys thanks for pitching in. I'm gonna close the thread now for future reference.

Cowabunga dudes!

Forum > Layouts, HTML, CSS & Javascript > Character Page/Cast Featurette
Pages: [1]