Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - 2018 What's in store for your heroes this year?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > 2018 What's in store for your heroes this year?
Pages: [1] [2]

"2018 What's in store for your heroes this year?", 13th Jan 2018, 5:15 AM #1
Cejuan25

Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
I made the mistake of closing my last thread by mistake. OOPS! (srry)

here's take two:

What's coming down the pipe for your characters this year? Try not to add spoilers but just tease us.

Me, I've got BIG plans for my comic in 2018. I'll be putting up teasers and stuff. New characters, story arcs, and artwork. I also want to try some new software I'll be getting later in the year.
13th Jan 2018, 5:53 AM #2
E-hero Vulven
tells us a tale of e-bravery
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
Finishing a chapter and starting a new one this year. I'm excited because the next chapter will have something juicy in it and red. My second book will be printed too. A physical comic chapter is possible while a plush isn't as likely.
13th Jan 2018, 6:18 AM #3
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
Well, book 1's going to be done sometime in April, after going on for over two years. Then... time to start book 2.

I'm also planning a lot of extra content... but I'd rather not go into details on that.
13th Jan 2018, 6:43 AM #4
ChristianRepass
📖
Registration date: 6th Apr 2017
Well, to start, the titular character of Uib's Legacy just had his first kiss with someone, so there's that. Poor Uib... he's going to get f***ed so hard this coming year, and I'm not talking about what he's doing with Gnurus! He's a top, anyway...

And with Arena 20XX, here's hoping I'm able to complete Round 1 this year. I'd like to do as much as I can, but with one strip a week, I'm not optimistic about it.
13th Jan 2018, 7:09 AM #5
junoro
So much to do in one lifetime
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
A N I M E C O N V E N T I O N
13th Jan 2018, 8:10 AM #6
Laz Neptune
in favour of good times
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
Chapter 2 will be arriving sometime in April and it'll be twice as long as chapter 1. We'll get to follow one of my weirdest characters home and see what he does with his time. It is a bit eerie. I haven't done creepy stuff in a long time, so this will be fun!

Other than that, I'll be making an effort to get my comic out in front of people more. I'm hoping that this is the year it gets off the ground.
13th Jan 2018, 9:21 AM #7
Matt Comics
General Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
More characters, more wackiness, more chapters.
13th Jan 2018, 9:42 AM #8
DrewSpence

Registration date: 25th Apr 2017
The filling in of their backstories.
I'm going to need a few pieces to fit into place before I can even consider starting in that direction.
But yeah, an insight to 'The Early Years' is in order.
13th Jan 2018, 9:44 AM #9
Mel Cormac
formerly thewotartmonkey
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
Mmm last time I did something like this I ended up scrapping the storyline I teased, so take this with a grain of salt:

Return of the dolls
13th Jan 2018, 9:54 AM #10
hawkeyemaverick

Registration date: 1st Nov 2016
Next issue with a (hopefully) short buildup of plot and character development before everything starts going sideways.
13th Jan 2018, 10:17 AM #11
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Chapter 1 was mostly painting the setting, introducing protagonists, and a lot of silliness. This year we'll scratch the surface of where the humanoid flowers came from as a more overarching plot rears its ugly head!

I'm so excited; this week I was finally able to draw someone who I'm pumped about introducing in the coming months. :D
13th Jan 2018, 10:37 AM #12
shaneoid

Registration date: 19th May 2016
I'm kind of doing a 'year one' for my superheroes right now, there's a part of it where I'm throwing out ideas and seeing what lands, and another part setting the stage for the scenario I want to achieve with "Heroes of the World and Beyond". Night Twink and G.I. Ant have had a lot more development than the others so there's some catching up to do. Other than than, good ol' kick ass superhero fun all the way!
13th Jan 2018, 10:43 AM #13
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Oh man... lots of things gonna go down. I wanted the beinning scenes to be a sort like a climax at the beginning of the story that also introduces and teases the major characters and plot elements, but the next chapters the stories gonna slow a bit to sort of follow the main characters and get to know them..and then it leads to things going to hell again :D
13th Jan 2018, 11:00 AM #14
Eve Z.

Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
This year my story is going to get more intense, I'm going to introduce some new characters very soon and some new conflict and shenaningans will emerge, as well as reveal some more about my established characters' personalities. It's going to be a fun year.
13th Jan 2018, 11:02 AM #15
Kevtrev

Registration date: 31st Oct 2015
The tournament is coming to a close - I won't say who wins - and after that the next arc will kick off, which I'm very excited about because everything that the story has been leading up to, or hinting at, will finally culminate in something.
13th Jan 2018, 11:53 AM #16
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
They're in for a pretty rough time as the fight with Seren continues, but I will be introducing 2 new characters this year, so I'm looking forward to being able to give them some pagetime.
13th Jan 2018, 1:14 PM #17
Ambrose_Folly

Registration date: 12th Dec 2015
I'm going to be finishing the first story arc (250 pages!) and tweaking some stuff (backstory & the first 2 chapters) for when I start Indy distribution of monthly issues. Perhaps some social media campaigning and planning for 2019 comics if my challenge to Megabots flops.
13th Jan 2018, 1:29 PM #18
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
This year should see the main characters actually become good friends. Then it's all aboard the character development train!

Depending on how far I get, things could take another turn for the worse.
13th Jan 2018, 1:39 PM #19
Steven-Vincent

Registration date: 28th Apr 2015
The current LL story arc will finish at the end of the year... Don't want to say any more due to spoilers.
13th Jan 2018, 1:47 PM #20
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Volume 1 will be finished and each of the protagonists learn their lesson for that arc.