Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Screw Cancer

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Screw Cancer
Pages: [1]

"Screw Cancer", 13th Feb 2018, 3:30 AM #1
nibattack

Registration date: 11th Apr 2016
Just I'm not having a great time right now. My boyfriend's grandmother just died from cancer today so I canceled the visit to my mom I had been planning for a few weeks (for her funeral and to support him) because I keep going over there to take care of her because shes currently going through radiation therapy after chemo because she has stage 3 breast cancer. Shes going to be fine but its been a rough 2 years. And tomorrow I have a doctors appointment to check up on my precancer cells which ive already had 2 surgeries 6k in medical bills and have been monitoring since I have been 17 (21 now) I hate cancer. I can't get any more treatment for mine until it grows or goes away but every time I go in I have to have biopsies usually. I could go my entire life without hearing that word ever again. I feel bad for anyone else who ever has to deal with it or ever will. I don't know what the point of this thread is I just have no idea who to talk to or what to do I guess.
13th Feb 2018, 4:03 AM #2
Zor15

Registration date: 18th Jul 2012
Sorry for your loss and I hope that your mom's and your cancer go into remission.

[b]U0.0U Woof! Woof!
"Screw Cancer", 13th Feb 2018, 5:47 AM #3
rickrudge

Registration date: 11th Jul 2017
I hear you and totally agree. Screw Cancer.

I am so sorry to hear about what you’re going through, nibattack. I’ve been trying to be supportive to my Mother In-law who has been going through stage three breast cancer. My wife has been going through the lion’s share of driving her to chemo, radiation various surgery appointments, and being her health advocate. So I’ve been trying to be as supportive to her as possible too, but it’s been an emotional two years.

She too has been getting more cancers and has had to go through more radiation and some different chemo, and this time it doesn’t look very good. She still wants to fight it, though. Fortunately, she’s able to better afford the expense, but I can only imagine the expense and time for a regular working stiff, or a student.

Please keep some good thoughts. Best of luck to you and your family.

—Rick Rudge
13th Feb 2018, 9:19 AM #4
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Yeah, fuck cancer.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it. I wish you well in getting through it.

Lost my cousin mid December to cancer. She was 33 and left two young children behind.

Got away with it.
13th Feb 2018, 1:07 PM #5
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I am so sorry for the loss, but be brave. You are catching it and your are still able to do something.
13th Feb 2018, 4:22 PM #6
nibattack

Registration date: 11th Apr 2016
Thanks everyone. I kinda wasn't expecting a response and I get on this morning and everyone is so nice! My doctors appointment went fine if anyones wondering and I'm sorry for your loss @cooke and I'm sorry for your struggles @rickrudge cancer is slow and insidious and targets at random. I hope you both find peace and happiness regardless of outcomes.
13th Feb 2018, 4:23 PM #7
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Glad your appointment went well. Keep up caring for yourself and keep your will strong.
13th Feb 2018, 11:54 PM #8
Jay042
Old school
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
I know the feeling, I got word my brother has prostate cancer.

On the upside it's medically not the worst case scenario for this particular variety, though no doubt it is bad. It's possible they have caught this early enough before it's spread.
14th Feb 2018, 12:40 AM #9
E-hero Vulven
tells us a tale of e-bravery
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
Sorry to hear that.