Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Post your works in progress

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Post your works in progress
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [369]

"Post your works in progress", 8th Oct 2010, 5:25 PM #1
FPB
Ambitious
Registration date: 4th Oct 2010
What the title says (it was supposed to be ITT:WIP at first but this one is clearer). You probably don't hatch your drawings at release state right away, do you? I decided to make this thread in this section because it's not really advertisement even though your posts can double as sneak peeks of your comics, and it's not critique although other posters are, of course, welcome to make suggestions on what their fellow comicfur... ians (?) are showcasing, letting them catch mistakes in advance.
This thread is for things you're going to stick in your next comics, as opposed to what you're going to post on the "unrelated art" thread.

Oh, and of course, works in progress, yeah. Here, have this. I drew the kid too short, I'll need to enlarge him. And that thigh, man. That thigh, it's weird as hell.

((Zeus & Sons (mythology/comedy) is currently on hiatus.))
Tails the douche (gaming/gag-a-day)
8th Oct 2010, 5:30 PM #2
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Wow, that looks really good to me! Good idea for a thread. It's really interesting and educational for me to see how other artists work their magic. I do tend to "hatch drawings at release state," so maybe I need to try a new approach in order to improve. On the other hand, I also like the spontaneity and vivace of something direct from the subconscious, as a kind of humanization, rather than the robotization and commodification of formalized art.
8th Oct 2010, 5:51 PM #3
allent

Registration date: 8th Oct 2010
Heres one of mine. Its going to take forever D:

8th Oct 2010, 5:54 PM #4
DonCassieCass

Registration date: 26th Aug 2010
Ooh! Nice thread! :D I'm redoing my comic so I have some.

I'll definitely post some when I go home. <3
8th Oct 2010, 6:18 PM #5
Wayne Zero

Registration date: 14th Sep 2010
Here's a sneak peak at Judgment Vol. 2.

8th Oct 2010, 6:37 PM #6
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Wayne Zero:Here's a sneak peak at Judgment Vol. 2.

Wow, those pages look pristine as is. I'd seriously hesitate to change a thing.
8th Oct 2010, 6:51 PM #7
allent

Registration date: 8th Oct 2010
Yeah those are some really nice pencils. :D
8th Oct 2010, 6:59 PM #8
AngryRob
moderately angry at best
Registration date: 25th Aug 2009
Wayne Zero:Here's a sneak peak at Judgment Vol. 2.

Wow those are really nice pencils, but I got to say your inking and coloring take away from these amazing pencils. The inking makes the details kind of blurred and you lose some of the smaller bits, and the coloring is very amatuerish, which isn't a bad thing, it just don't fit your drawing style. I know this isn't really a critique thread, but your pencil just made my jaw drop.
8th Oct 2010, 7:20 PM #9
Wayne Zero

Registration date: 14th Sep 2010
AngryRob:Wow those are really nice pencils, but I got to say your inking and coloring take away from these amazing pencils. The inking makes the details kind of blurred and you lose some of the smaller bits, and the coloring is very amatuerish, which isn't a bad thing, it just don't fit your drawing style. I know this isn't really a critique thread, but your pencil just made my jaw drop.

There's a bit of confusion here.

I only wrote this stuff and played editor to put it together. Federico Zumel did pencils on the first part, and Alexnadre Benhossi penciled the second.

I'd like to address what you say, so I'll start a new thread in the Critiques section.

"inked_page", 8th Oct 2010, 7:25 PM #10
pseudo

Registration date: 3rd Dec 2009
without colors.

8th Oct 2010, 10:16 PM #11
TanteiSakana

Registration date: 29th Dec 2009

As you might be able to make out from the grainyness, the bottom row of panels on the right page haven't been shaded yet.
9th Oct 2010, 2:17 PM #12
Chetan
formerly Aeden
Registration date: 16th Dec 2009
Sketch version of the next Emperor Gale's Exposition Corner page. I still need to sort out the burly fellow in the fourth panel a bit, and it turns out I missed the box around one of the sentences in the second panel.

imageimage
imageimage

Sometimes I also reword the narration boxes slightly, but I don't think I'll need to this time...
11th Oct 2010, 6:26 AM #13
FPB
Ambitious
There's some lovely stuff in here! I just love seeing what other artists are up to.

And now, a shot of Hera at her desk (I didn't forget the wedding band this time) with her kiddies, notorious twin assholes Ares and Eris. I sort of forgot to upload the lastest version of the sketch, that had a Newton's cradle on the desk and a chair.

12th Oct 2010, 8:16 AM #14
Chetan
formerly Aeden
wip for Marked. Just the lineart with the sketch layer still underneath.

...Also, FPB, you use SAI, right? It looks like it...
12th Oct 2010, 8:32 AM #15
FPB
Ambitious
Aeden:wip for Marked. Just the lineart with the sketch layer still underneath.

...Also, FPB, you use SAI, right? It looks like it...
I like your layout and shot variety. Mine are a bit too "regular" (head/medium/American shots) and I need to change that nasty habit of mine and draw more long ones.

Oh! And I use GIMP, not SAI. The multi-fill add-on module I got for it is lovely.

Some slight progress on the previously depicted image. I need to work faster if I want to draw a nightmare-fuel page on time for Halloween.

12th Oct 2010, 9:19 AM #16
Chetan
formerly Aeden
FPB:The multi-fill add-on module

...the what?

Sorry for offtopic, btw.
12th Oct 2010, 10:19 AM #17
FPB
Ambitious
Aeden:...the what?

Sorry for offtopic, btw.
Here, have this tasty plugin. A lifesaver, if you remember to remove the alpha channel of the layer you're colouring beforehand. One day, I'll put a tutorial up.

12th Oct 2010, 11:32 AM #18
Chetan
formerly Aeden
FPB:
Aeden:...the what?

Sorry for offtopic, btw.
Here, have this tasty plugin. A lifesaver, if you remember to remove the alpha channel of the layer you're colouring beforehand. One day, I'll put a tutorial up.

...uh I don't have GIMP. Could you give me the skinny on what it does, regardless? If you feel like it's too offtopic you could mention in a PM or something?

Thanks for the compliment on my composition, by the way.
15th Oct 2010, 6:46 AM #19
FPB
Ambitious
Aeden:...uh I don't have GIMP. Could you give me the skinny on what it does, regardless?

That addon just takes lineart, replicates it, then fills all the white areas of one of the copies in various colours (one per area). It then expands the colour areas so that the coloured layer has no more actual line art.
So basically, you get one layer of line art, and underneath is one layer of colours. That allows the artist to easily flood-fill the coloured areas without damaging the line art.

Obligatory WIP. The grey stuff, that will be somewhat transluscent with a sort of effect on it, isn't the actual background of the image (everything's happening in an office). It's a rendition of what Artemis is saying.

15th Oct 2010, 11:16 AM #20
smbhax

Registration date: 19th Nov 2009

Hmm... I *suppose* I'll put some detail into the guy... :P