Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Anime artist needed for a 3 page colored comic -- pays good

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Co-Authors offered/wanted > Anime artist needed for a 3 page colored comic -- pays good
Pages: [1]

"Anime artist needed for a 3 page colored comic -- pays good", 15th Apr 2018, 4:56 PM #1
dougwarner59

Registration date: 13th Jan 2012
Quick this spot may not be open for long!!!

I am currently working for someone who has me do 3 pages of a comic each month; she pays me $50.00 per page (not really sure how much she will pay you, but I assume it will be the same.) She asked me if I knew anyone who could do a "one-time" 3 page an anime comic; I told her I would ask around, so here I am. If you are interested let me know. I would do it, but I don't want to do anime.

below is a page showing the kind of style she wants. click on the words "Artist needed" to view page.

Artist needed
15th Apr 2018, 5:06 PM #2
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
That sounds fun and manageable, so a 3 page one shot? I’d be interested. Dunno if my style is what she’s looking for but if so let me know :)
15th Apr 2018, 5:08 PM #3
Proxy170

Registration date: 3rd Nov 2013
What's her timeline on the three pages? Do you have a script?

I'm looking to experiment with coloring in a comic (you can see some of my color work on the "characters" part of my page) and a short one would be a good opportunity. I don't take commissions though, so I wouldn't want to be paid, BUT I would want a flexible timeline.

Obviously, if someone here ends up interested and wants to get paid, I'd prefer she go with them instead to support artists who want/need the pay.
15th Apr 2018, 5:11 PM #4
dougwarner59

Sovember:That sounds fun and manageable, so a 3 page one shot? I’d be interested. Dunno if my style is what she’s looking for but if so let me know :)

Good. If It is okay with you I will take a snapshot of your work on your web page and pass it on to her to see what she thinks.

Merged Doublepost:

Proxy170:What's her timeline on the three pages? Do you have a script?

I'm looking to experiment with coloring in a comic (you can see some of my color work on the "characters" part of my page) and a short one would be a good opportunity. I don't take commissions though, so I wouldn't want to be paid, BUT I would want a flexible timeline.

Obviously, if someone here ends up interested and wants to get paid, I'd prefer she go with them instead to support artists who want/need the pay.

I am not really sure what her deadline she said she needed it quick but I usually do 3 pages a month.

there is no script you have to take a three page story she gives you which you will have to turn into a script yourself and send it back to her for her approval. that's probably the worst part of doing the comic.

I can take a snapshot of some of your work and send it to her and see what she says.
15th Apr 2018, 5:22 PM #5
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Totally fine with me, And awesome sounds great! Appreciate it.
15th Apr 2018, 5:31 PM #6
dougwarner59

could you give me your names?
15th Apr 2018, 7:26 PM #7
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Hesitantly interested as a back-up option, if it doesn't end up working out for the others above.
15th Apr 2018, 7:39 PM #8
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
Registration date: 27th Mar 2015
^same here
15th Apr 2018, 8:50 PM #9
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
I'm interested too. I don't know if mine counts as anime enough but I can try a different style. You could send pages of each comic and let her decide.
15th Apr 2018, 9:38 PM #10
kirstin

Registration date: 12th Mar 2018
Please pass my name/comic pages along as well if this is still open! Would be happy to work on this
16th Apr 2018, 12:45 PM #11
dougwarner59

What are your names? And can you all do color comics? black and white will not work. (obviously the comics that are in color need not answer this question.) And you might want to show me a link to your best work instead of me taking you last page as an example.
16th Apr 2018, 1:34 PM #12
Proxy170

Since there's a good number of other artists interested, I'll withdraw my name from the list.
16th Apr 2018, 2:00 PM #13
dougwarner59

Proxy170: That's kind of strange that you are the one withdrawing because she asked if you could color.
But I will take you off the list.
16th Apr 2018, 2:50 PM #14
Proxy170

If she can't find someone that fits the style she's going for, PM me. To answer, yes I can do color. She can check out my deviant art profile by the same name (proxy170).
I withdrew because I feel that we should support the artists that use this sort of work to pay the bills, so I'd prefer she select from them.
16th Apr 2018, 9:42 PM #15
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
I've pm'd you my name. I don't mind if you just show the latest stuff from my comics. They represent what I can do pretty well.
16th Apr 2018, 9:57 PM #16
dougwarner59

I sent the artwork for all the artist who applied. I'll let you know what she says.
Good luck.

Note: So if you are not picked don't let it bum you out,because everyone get's turned down one time or another.
For example: The person who is hiring to this comic turned me down the first time I applied to work for her; but, I finally persuaded her to give me a shot and I have been doing work for her for about 2 years and she has nothing but good things to say about me. Don't know if that helps, but that's my 2 cents.
Forum > Co-Authors offered/wanted > Anime artist needed for a 3 page colored comic -- pays good
Pages: [1]