Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - After a long absence, I am back!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > After a long absence, I am back!
Pages: [1] [2]

"After a long absence, I am back!", 26th Apr 2018, 1:44 AM #1
MrTorchy

Registration date: 15th Feb 2016
Hey all, it's ya boy; Mr. Amadeus "Torchy" Eiffel, and I'm back to work!

I've just gotten a job doing comics full-time over on Upwork.com (I can't talk much about it yet, contract stuff) But I'll be back to making Legacy on schedule!

I've also been toying around with some color motifs for the series, and I might do some mat-coloring on everything, nothing special, just some basic "base color+highlight+shadow" three tone kind of stuff.

So what this post is about in specific though, is this;

I'm working on the newest page of Legacy right now, and I have a finished Script for this issue, I'm looking for some background characters at the moment too, and if you'd like to add one in (design one because I'm a lazy guy sometimes) Then I'll throw em' in the background of the bar that Arthis & Kamu are in! I'll be sure to credit your creation in the details on the page when I post it, alongside a picture of your original artwork/my interpretation of the dude you make!

I'm thinking this is a cool way to get more involved with you fine Comicfury folks! If you're interested, just drop a comment in here, and I'll respond!

Show me what crazy Sci-Fi Fantasy people you guys can come up with!

Some specifics;

Try to keep it mostly homonid; peeps in this Area of the world are Human (mostly)

Missing limbs are a plus! These folks are Traders, which is a dangerous line of work in the world of Legacy. They replace Limbs all the time! Though they're often not the fanciest of replacements.

If you'd like to include this symbol;

That means they're a member of the specific Traders Unions (cite; Cuthroat gang) whoms owns the Saloon Arthis & Kamu are in!

If you do, please include a High-collar Trenchcoat or something with the symbol on it!

Anyways, any other peeps (like your characters from your comic) that you want to have a cameo in the background, just let me know! I'll link to your comic, as well as credit you in the description!

It's good to be back <3
26th Apr 2018, 1:49 AM #2
Chippewa Ghost
Spooky scary
Registration date: 6th Dec 2016
Welcome back!

It is good to know that sometimes those who go away eventually return.
26th Apr 2018, 1:49 AM #3
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Oh that sounds fun I’m in ! And welcome back your line art is nuts
26th Apr 2018, 1:51 AM #4
MrTorchy

Chippewa Ghost:Welcome back!

It is good to know that sometimes those who go away eventually return.

I never planed on leaving for too long, just a brief absence due to life-stuff

I'm glad to be drawing again!

Merged Doublepost:

Sovember:Oh that sounds fun I’m in ! And welcome back your line art is nuts

Always love your stuff! I'd love to draw something you come up with!

(your character designs are astounding)
26th Apr 2018, 1:52 AM #5
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Welcome back! I love reading your comic and I was really holding out for it. Congratulations on finding work full time as an artist. Hope it all works out for you and that you continue spreading the love through art, friend. As for the challenge, I will definitely consider taking it up.
26th Apr 2018, 1:54 AM #6
MrTorchy

Hey man, I've wanted to make Legacy for years! One of those, "I started it as a fourteen year old blah blah" kind of deals, then I started getting serious about it. Then I outlined everything ect. ect. I'm sitting on about a bajillion drawings/characters and such. Like I've memorized the damned thing at this point, i just need to keep writing it! I'm hoping I'll be done before I'm dead haha
26th Apr 2018, 2:08 AM #7
MK_Wizard

I have faith in you, man. And I already have an idea of what to do about my Trader! Just one question, can we only submit one or can we submit a duo at most? I had a husband and wife team in mind.
26th Apr 2018, 2:14 AM #8
MrTorchy

If you'd like to make a duo, then by all means make a duo! I'll be filling a two-page spread! so the more the merrier!
26th Apr 2018, 2:16 AM #9
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Congrats on getting some paying work. Anytime I see your art, it's stellar.

Also welcome back to the site. As Ghost said. It's good to see old faces pop up again.

I'd be interested in submitting but I'm flat out at the moment with this 30 days of characters thing. I did perchance draw a sci-fi esque trader though.

Cassius Gear

If he's suitable you can use him. I've got no plans.
26th Apr 2018, 2:19 AM #10
MrTorchy

I'd love to use him for this! I'll make sure he shows up in the background!

I'll link your comic alongside this!

Merged Doublepost:

Cooke:Congrats on getting some paying work. Anytime I see your art, it's stellar.

Also welcome back to the site. As Ghost said. It's good to see old faces pop up again.

I'd be interested in submitting but I'm flat out at the moment with this 30 days of characters thing. I did perchance draw a sci-fi esque trader though.

Cassius Gear

If he's suitable you can use him. I've got no plans.

Also, I'm glad to be back, and kind of surprised people recognize me! I assumed I was pretty "niche" haha
26th Apr 2018, 8:14 PM #11
Sovember

Sweet can’t wait to do this :) Any time/day you need it by?
26th Apr 2018, 9:36 PM #12
MrTorchy

The two page spread is coming up right after the page I'm working on now, I'm getting some rough placement down at the moment, so any time soon would be grand!
26th Apr 2018, 11:01 PM #13
kirstin

Registration date: 12th Mar 2018
Woooah dude your line are is crazy?? Out of curiosity, how long does it take to make a page? It would take me years haha.

I mostly popped in here to compliment ya, not really sure if my characters fit the sci-fi vibe of the comic, but if you do want a smol crippled girl, she's probably the most interesting designed character I got right now.

Not quiitee missing a limb, but her leg did get pretty horribly crushed in the past.

Congrats on the paid work btw!
27th Apr 2018, 4:53 AM #14
ChristianRepass
voted to be eaten first
Registration date: 6th Apr 2017
As someone who's been a fan of "Legacy," Welcome back! Also, congrats on that job opportunity!

Also, I did design a character for you... However, it turned out to be more alien than hominid, so I designed another one. I hope you'll like him.

27th Apr 2018, 7:05 AM #15
Sovember

that was fun! here is Lorlock, The Defiler

A man with a backstory so hard, so twisted, so stinkin dirty, that I can't even articulate it here, lest I have to immediately take a 30 minute shower afterwords xD

Also just saw it in your post now congrats on the job!
27th Apr 2018, 12:56 PM #16
MrTorchy

A quick report in! I have all of the posts thus far saved up! I don't want anyone to think I haven't taken notice of everything!

This thread lives!
11th May 2018, 1:02 PM #17
MrTorchy

Ello, about done with the page before the two page spread your characters are gonna be in! I'll be streaming the page when I start making it, and posting updates on here.
11th May 2018, 1:05 PM #18
MK_Wizard

Shoot... missed it. Oh well, you can always use it for the next time or accept it as some fanart.
11th May 2018, 1:17 PM #19
MrTorchy

naah peeps still have places they can show up in, shoot a character out!
12th May 2018, 3:42 AM #20
MK_Wizard

Here is my merchant! His coat is in pretty bad shape (hey, the world your story takes place in is rough). In short, he's a cyborg who sells all kinds of gadgets. And that little blue buddy of his is called a pipsqueak (a mouse-budgie gryphon). I know it seems like a weird companion for a merchant like this, but his friend actually helps him find stuff by going into small cracks and all handling little tiny pieces like microchips. He's valuable. Hope you like them, Torchy. Their names are Bubba (the cyborg) and Cotton (the pipsqueak).