Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Can any these be funny?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Can any these be funny?
Pages: [1]

"Can any these be funny?", 6th Jul 2018, 3:55 PM #1
ewolf20

Registration date: 8th Feb 2014
So I just realized how I can't think of a another strip idea as anything I think of feels like it won't make a chuckle out of someone. My humor is best described as immature. I like somewhat wacky things as long as it's not too wacky. I might occasional do a sex joke or a very dark joke about something....

I don't think that brand of humor is worth a comment. I'm not looking to be popular but I think my strip doesn't have a future unless a update almost daily or frequently.

Just click on my Sig and you'll wonder why I haven't post a comic in awhile.

for flip sake, my latest idea is a unicorn taking two kids to a nuclear test site.

Can this sort.of.thing prove to be popular or should just do a. Cool If with decent art, a story, and recurring characters as this current comic has now of those things.I

I'm also changing the icon.to be less cheap.
6th Jul 2018, 4:04 PM #2
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with your humour. To be honest, I find it refreshing and actually more mature that you don't reference everything to privates or dark things. I admit I laugh at it too sometimes, but at one point, I feel like I'm being treated like a kid when I'm expected to laugh at something just because it references privates and some dark things are just not funny period.
6th Jul 2018, 4:18 PM #3
Travis

Registration date: 16th Feb 2015
If it helps, I struggle with this every day. My current strip is missing a joke, and the whole thing is grinding to a halt as I try to think of what to do. At these times, I like to read old newspaper strips, and look for all the ones that aren't really funny. It makes me feel better :)
11th Jul 2018, 3:24 AM #4
hobo

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2016
Are you kidding me? I love this shit! I would TOTES read about a???? Freaking UNICORN???? Taking kids to a NUCLEAR TEST SITE????? That kinda whacky stuff grabs my attention, seriously. You should do it!

(Also, if you think no one out there is interested in your work, think again. There ARE people who will become interested in your work, you just gotta keep at it. You just can't see them cheering you on but we're here!)
11th Jul 2018, 3:31 AM #5
argylefox

Registration date: 11th Jul 2014
Personally, I've seen some comics that people have loved, and I thought were trash. And others, which I loved, but others did not get.

Humour is such a subjective thing (I know, I did a could of strip comics a while back), and you can never be sure what is going to hit the target or not.

I'd say go for it. Let your humour be YOUR humour, and have a bit of fun with it. I'm sure people will react positively to what you are offering up, here.

Just also be aware that some people will tell you that you aren't funny, and you should give up, because obviously if you aren't offering their specific brand of humour, you may as well give up. Those people are idiots, by the way.
12th Jul 2018, 12:53 PM #6
SpiraPhantom

Registration date: 26th Mar 2018
As a fellow artist specializing in comic strips, I tell you that you should ask other people for jokes or find inspiration IRL - a number of my strips were written by my co-author and I frequently struggle to come up with a decent joke. Of course, when both of us struggle, it sucks... But that's another story - in these cases a Muse just comes up from above and hits either of us with an idea.
12th Jul 2018, 2:42 PM #7
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
I think this’ll be awesome on comic fury , it has a wide range of comedy.I havent studied tapas/webtoons comedy section enough to know if this is a typical brand of humor there but I thought this was hilarious lol
16th Jul 2018, 4:50 AM #8
hobo

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2016
Super pleased with your update btw! Keep up the good work!
Pages: [1]