Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - "Main" link added in top-right?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > ComicFury Problems, critique and suggestions > "Main" link added in top-right?
Pages: [1]

""Main" link added in top-right (strikethrough)?", Two weeks ago, 5:57 PM #1
RJDG14

Registration date: 23rd Sep 2014
Unless I just hadn't noticed it before, this new "Main" link to take a user back to the homepage makes virtually no sense considering that it wasn't there previously. Clicking on the logo does exactly the same thing...

Okay, I checked on the Wayback Machine and it's been there for a long time, so I simply taken much notice of it.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
Two weeks ago, 8:36 PM #2
Kyo
no longer a family man
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
yeah you're probably not wrong though, it doesn't really make a ton of sense. I'll get rid of it soon.

e: apparently the thread was closed, I reopened it so others can chime in if they want
Two weeks ago, 10:18 PM #3
Miaubol
Cat Queen
Registration date: 7th Sep 2014
I must admit that I like that 'main' link on the top right, I've been using it all the time. To me it makes sense having 'main', 'my updates' and 'forum' grouped together, they are the three things I check out when I go to this site, it's natural as well as convenient to have these right next to each other.

Sure it would be just a small inconvenience to have it removed. But since there isn't any harm in just keeping it, it doesn't take up much space, nor is it confusing, so maybe just keep it?
Two weeks ago, 10:30 PM #4
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Please don't get rid of it, I use it a lot. I always forget there are other ways to get to the main page.
Two weeks ago, 11:24 PM #5
Catburger

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2017
Can we make it bigger instead?
13 days ago, 1:35 PM #6
Matt Comics
Wiki Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
It may be redundant, but imo you should keep it. You never know how newcomers to the site may react. You'll probably get a ton of noobish threads asking "why isn't there a main button?" if you remove it.
13 days ago, 11:22 PM #7
Miaubol
Cat Queen
Registration date: 7th Sep 2014
Matt Comics:It may be redundant, but imo you should keep it. You never know how newcomers to the site may react.

Yes, when I was new I understood the 'Main' button right away (it's pretty self-explanatory), while I realized just now, after seeing this thread, that the logo actually is a button and clicking on it does the very same thing. Till now I thought it was there just for header and decoration purposes xD. Or, maybe it was like that originally, and then the link function was added later at some point?
Forum > ComicFury Problems, critique and suggestions > "Main" link added in top-right?
Pages: [1]