Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - What you've listened while drawing without link.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > What you've listened while drawing without link.
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

"What you've listened while drawing (slowfood version)", 10th Jul 2018, 2:14 PM #1
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
We had similar links before, but this one is different. Let's say the slowfood version.

Tell what albums you have listened while drawing, but only vinyl (okay, shellac, too, if you're serious about it) and reel-to-reel tape. NO cassettes, cd or mp3. The only links allowed are picures of the cover, but only spoilered as "covers". The basic idea: Anyone who is really interested in a certain recording, will check it out at own research.

I do the start. This are the lp albums I've heard while drawing:

1. Jacula: In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum
2. Janus: Gravedigger.
3. The Human Expression: Love At Psychedelic Velocity.
4. Lollipo Shoppe: Just Colour.
5. Hawkwind: Hall Of The Mountaingrill.

Covers:

P.S. As stated above, this is not a thread about random things you have heard on youtube.
10th Jul 2018, 2:44 PM #2
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Well, I haven't really listened to albums because I listen to YouTube these days mostly. However, I can list you the most common groups/singer/musicians.

1- Tobu7
2- Coldplay
3- Owl City
10th Jul 2018, 2:47 PM #3
Stilldown

MK_Wizard:Well, I haven't really listened to albums because I listen to YouTube these days mostly. However, I can list you the most common groups/singer/musicians.

1- Tobu7
2- Coldplay
3- Owl City

Well, that is not quite the idea of the thread. The thread was meant for vinyl or reel-to-reel only, not anything you've heard on youtube or digital media. (Unless you have recorded a digital source to reel-to-reel, of course.)
10th Jul 2018, 4:18 PM #4
PeterVonBrown

Registration date: 7th Jan 2016
Well, my friend/roommate has TONS of vinyl, and he puts on quite a bit. It would be impossible for me to list it all - especially since I don't always know what it is! Eveything from the soundtrack to Earthquake! to Cyndi Lauper to Morrissey (and Mexrrissey) to Legendary Pink Dots.
10th Jul 2018, 6:54 PM #5
MissElaney

Registration date: 26th Nov 2016
Cheech and Chong and Richard Pryor.
10th Jul 2018, 10:06 PM #6
Stilldown

listening their albums while you draw? That's tough.
17th Jul 2018, 4:40 PM #7
Stilldown

And albums today while drawing:
- Monument (aka Zior): First Monument
- Warpig: Same
- Horse: Sacrifife
- The Gun: Same
20th Jul 2018, 9:19 AM #8
Red Jack

Registration date: 1st Mar 2017
I just put foreign ASMR videos on most of time. Let the autoplay do it's thing on youtube and I sit back drawing.
Most ASMR videos are people whispering about something or scratching a pretend ear with a toothpick. The noises are enough to keep me from being bothered by my own loud thoughts.
20th Jul 2018, 10:43 AM #9
RJDG14

Registration date: 23rd Sep 2014
I did a tiny bit of drawing yesterday in preperation for my graphic design A-level course at college in September, and while drawing listened to:

*Foo Fighters
*Husker Du
*XTC (from an old 7" single; ironically they came from where I live)

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
20th Jul 2018, 2:06 PM #10
Stilldown

Red Jack:I just put foreign ASMR videos on most of time. Let the autoplay do it's thing on youtube and I sit back drawing.
Most ASMR videos are people whispering about something or scratching a pretend ear with a toothpick. The noises are enough to keep me from being bothered by my own loud thoughts.

Please stay on-topic.
20th Jul 2018, 4:01 PM #11
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
children and their newfangled audio listening devices, i only experience my melodies via tinfoil phonograph cylinders
20th Jul 2018, 10:08 PM #12
Stilldown

Only two albums, as I wasn't drawing long today:

- Zior: Every Inch A Man
- Boulder Damn: Mourning
20th Jul 2018, 11:31 PM #13
J-son

Registration date: 8th Nov 2017
can you tell me what i'm doing wrong? i tried asking for help on the Vinyl collective forums but they told me to fuck myself

20th Jul 2018, 11:42 PM #14
Stilldown

J-son:can you tell me what i'm doing wrong? i tried asking for help on the Vinyl collective forums but they told me to fuck myself

Help is on the way. You will never misuse a record again, guaranteed.
22nd Jul 2018, 11:29 AM #15
Stilldown

Today:
- Lucifer's Friend: Same
- German Oak: Same
- Baby Grandmothers: Same
- The Who: Who's Next
28th Jul 2018, 2:07 PM #16
Stilldown

Albums's while drawing today:

- Maze: Armageddon
- Virus: Thoughts
- Please: 1968/69
- Ramases: Space Hyms.

And a lot of classic on the A77.
30th Jul 2018, 9:26 PM #17
Stilldown

And drawing to:

- Flower Travelin' Band: Satori
- ELP: Tarkus
- Iron Buttefly: In A Gadda Da Vida
- Cold Sun: Dark Shadows
31st Jul 2018, 1:16 AM #18
Ambrose_Folly

Registration date: 12th Dec 2015
I gotta get the U2 album "The Joshua Tree". Apparently that's where my name comes from. 26 years and still haven't listened to it :P Its on amazon for $25 though so maybe...

Any love for R cade and the Video Victims? Haven't listened to 'em lately but its among my favorite albums, along with Lordi's "Monstereophonic", which I have in digital and LP and I tell ya I was surprised the LP sounds much different. Don't do much drawing for Everett but I'm slowly building up a buffer for The Demolished Land so mebbe...

Cover
31st Jul 2018, 1:30 AM #19
bmac85

Registration date: 19th Nov 2017
Dinosaur Jr's "You're Living All Over Me" and Miles Davis' "Sketches of Spain" are my go-to records for when I'm working on my comic, or anything really ... unfortunately I'm selling more records these days than buying. Insert cliche about starving artists.

And everyone should listen to Flower Travellin' Band. Glad to see that on your list, Stilldown.
31st Jul 2018, 9:34 AM #20
Stilldown

bmac85:Dinosaur Jr's "You're Living All Over Me" and Miles Davis' "Sketches of Spain" are my go-to records for when I'm working on my comic, or anything really ... unfortunately I'm selling more records these days than buying. Insert cliche about starving artists.

And everyone should listen to Flower Travellin' Band. Glad to see that on your list, Stilldown.

Especially Satori by the Flower Travellin' Band is a milestone in rock history, both for japanese rock and protodoom.
For Miles Davis I am not so much a jazz fan, as I prefer more the blues. I never really got into jazz rock much, either, although I like Focus (and have all their records), but never really like Blood, Sweat & Tears or If, despite their skill.

Merged Doublepost:

Ambrose_Folly:I gotta get the U2 album "The Joshua Tree". Apparently that's where my name comes from. 26 years and still haven't listened to it :P Its on amazon for $25 though so maybe...

Any love for R cade and the Video Victims? Haven't listened to 'em lately but its among my favorite albums, along with Lordi's "Monstereophonic", which I have in digital and LP and I tell ya I was surprised the LP sounds much different. Don't do much drawing for Everett but I'm slowly building up a buffer for The Demolished Land so mebbe...

Cover

I don't know these bands except U2 (which never were my cup of tea), but records sound different then cd - there are several technical reasons for that. Often Cd are "restored" can be good but often they are just ruined) or "cleaned" which is sadly too often an euphemism for reducing dynamics and cutting off freqencies. Even if it is a good quality cd, there are technical issues. The human ear is analogue, and music (unless pure computer music) is analogue, too, so it has to be transformed into digital signals first (even if recorded digitally), and transformed into an analogue signal again to be heard. You need a analog-to-digital converter for that, and the highend quality ICs have went out of production more then a decade ago. So if you are lucky to have an early high-end cd player (I have a denon build in 1986 wich is my youngest HiFi machine, which I bought used after five younger cd players quit working after a few years) but I don't use it too often as I prefer records and reel-to-reel), you wouldn't be able to repair it to it's full quality if an ADCs would break.
And let's not forget, the Hifi-Norm 45500 was replaced with the less strict DIN EN 61035 surreptitiously since 1995, so that products with lower quality could be sold as "full HiFi".