Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Okay, so this is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Okay, so this is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.
Pages: [1]

"Okay, so this is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.", 10th Jul 2018, 11:11 PM #1
MrTorchy

Registration date: 15th Feb 2016
I wanna start this off by clarifying that I have no real explanation for this, though I assume I was being delusional, or having a psychotic break, or something like that.

I was 17, and my mother had been battling cancer for quite a few years. We were living in a small two bedroom apartment in Laughlin Nevada's Crown Point apartment complex, it's real, you can look it up, and even visit the apartment if you wanna, though people live there now? and that would be weird.

We had been in the apartment for quite some time, and things were not great. I had a cat named Jazz at the time, and she was amazing, my Mom had been dating a guy named Ronnie, he wasn't amazing; and the whole place was sort of a wreck a lot of the time. See, my best friends (and sort of psuedo-family) had been living there with us, off and on. That sort of "hey J stays over for like three weeks, then goes to his parent's house, then D+B come over for like two months" sort of central friend hub kind of thing. The apartment complex has a pool, and we used it a lot, and I had a lot of stuff lying around, we collected things, and kept them in the apartment. I'm sort of a pack-rat, and this leads to collections in a huge way. This gave the whole place a sort of half-family/half-bachelor-pad kind of feel. Lots of posters, I even had Marilyn Monroe on my ceiling over my bed, because you know, I was 17 and a total goober.

So, my Mom's cancer had gone into remission, though would later return, that's a whole different kind of story though. This lead to her partying a lot. She would drink heavily, and be absent for about a week or so at a time pretty often. Her and Ronnie would just vanish with our food stamps card, return with some food and a lot of beer, then take the beer and vanish back into the aether. This left my friends around a bunch*.* we stayed up all night all the time, played a metric ass-tonne of video games. (Last Remnant is an incomplete trainwreck, and a masterpiece) We were also super into the occult, mysticism, blah blah, lots of what I would later not be into at all. This made me very paranoid about ghosts and boogins and such. Though, that aside, we were convinced something was in the apartment. See, B (we're doing that "first name is gonna be the first letter of the name shtick here") HATED the back room, he said it gave him an "off" feeling. See I felt the same all the time, and wouldn't ever go back there. Attached is a layout of the apartment that sort of sums up the layout. Now, all in all, the following was "noticed" by our adolecent brains;

1. The ceiling would have shadows which looked like water was being reflected on it

2. Weird noises would be heard off and on

3. A feeling of being watched (cliche)

4. a "Shadow Man" or something

5. General paranoia being "amplified" when near the back room

6. Objects moving

7. It got worse, when you were alone.

There was other stuff, but It isn't super relevant.

Now, there were rarely nights when we wouldn't be paired up, or have at least two people in the house at a time; then there was the night I'm talking about here.

Okay, so my unlucky ass has every one of my friends, my Mom, and my Cat (who had been let out to the wild by my Mom, which just blows in a huge way R.I.P. Jazz wherever you are, you brilliant perfect cat) had all decided to be somewhere else. It's the middle of summer, and I have nowhere to go, it's exceedingly hot outside because I'm in the desert, everyone outside is inside, and I am alone.

So to note, weird shit always started to happen, and one in the morning.

it became, one in the morning.

Weird shit started to happen.

Now, being close to the back of the house was basically verboden. So I'm sitting in the living room, trying to watch TV, my room is 16scary46me right now, so I'm not about to head in there, when it starts.

The TV decided to turn itself off. The remote had been missing for about two years, so I think 'Okay, weird, it's a shitbird Tube-TV, it's fritzy" and turn it back on. It decides to turn itself back off right after. I'm thinking the TV died, when suddenly it turns itself back on and starts cranking the volume.

So, fuck that right? I decide to sit down, when the ceiling starts to do it's "water shadow" thing; fuck. me. my house is haunted. I decided to do the only logical thing, and start to panic like a child. I turn off the TV, and it starts to turn back on, each time I turn it off.

Now, okay, so I'm starting to think that someone is fucking with me, I rationalize, and calm down. I turn the volume down, turn on Adult Swim, and stop panicking. I ignore the shadows, and burn some sage (into supernatural stuff). I am not an expert with these things, though I had thought that would fix it, and it didn't.

The sage seemed to calm things down, as the TV stayed on, until it started turning the volume up, and down, and up and down.

Then, it turned off, and then it went back on, full blast, and in static.

When this happens, I stand up, and papers from the table near the kitchen float up off the table, and spin into the air, I am frozen in place, and I feel time hold still. Then I notice that the shadow underneath the paper, being cast by the kitchen light, is shaped like a person. The shadow seems to carry the paper on it's head and vanish into the floor.

I begin screaming, because, you know; fuck that.

So, then things kick into full on Evil Dead territory, as the TV starts pumping the volume up, and down. TV Static is blaring, there are weird shadows on the ceiling, and I hear wind screaming outside as the weather kicks up.

I start feeling this intense sensation of raw dread coming from the back of the apartment, and I get this feeling that something has to do with the water I can hear running in the bathroom back there. Now, the bath used to leak, but this sounded like it was just running the bathwater.

I start calling out, because I am sure this is a prank of something, I start screaming out for my friends, demanding that they stop, that it isn't funny anymore. That I get it, I'm scared.

Then, The TV turns off.

The room got a little darker, then a little brighter.

and the wind kicked down.

Then I heard something like a car crashing into my front door, as the door swung open full force, leaving a dent in the wall it rant into, I ran to the door, in full adrenaline mode, I was thinking something like "okay, just yell at it, it'll go away, do something, anything, panic, fight it, eat it, something, do something". I ran to the door as fast as I could, I bolted as quickly as possible.

When I got to the door, nobody was there, and I didn't hear anyone running, I didn't hear any laughing, I didn't hear a thing.

I started screaming for someone to come out, for someone to just show up.

Nobody answered.

I sat back down on the futon in the front, the TV was turned back on, and I just sat there not knowing what to do.

Things stayed weird for a while after, shadows moving on the walls, that sense of dread from the back of the room, the water running. I heard nothing change, nothing else happened, I just sat there. I don't remember when I fell asleep, but I must have, because I woke up to the early morning block on Cartoon Network, and an empty house.

I was blamed for the dent in the wall, and the marks on the front of the door, that looked like two black handprints.

I'm 25 now, and I think about this a lot.

I have no explanation for it, and I have other stories about stuff that happened in the apartment. But this was the biggest thing.

I am really fucking happy I don't live there anymore.

If anyone is interested, I can say more stuff about what went down while I lived there, and some other stuff that happened when I was younger, ect. ect.

Merged Doublepost:

also general scary stories thread
11th Jul 2018, 2:16 AM #2
PlatinumPencilz

Registration date: 5th Nov 2013
Just a note that I do 100% believe in spiritual stuff (Christian here, hi) and that it... definitely isn't something to be messed with. I don't have any spooky stories myself but my parents have a lot of bizarre stories from when they were younger. And basically the more you screw with spiritual stuff the more demons are gonna screw with you.

Like my mom used to be into astral projection and whatnot. She knew these people who actually ended up making a voodoo doll of her. Like she felt a poking in her stomach and got a phone call with people asking her if she felt it.

And then my dad's brother I think??? or someone had a literal possessed doll that would screw around with them. I can't remember the full story but they smashed it, buried it, but it kept coming back. Wild.

This is more of a miracle of sorts but when I was a baby, a tire on our car popped or something and the car literally lifted the front end off the ground. My dad's hands weren't even on the wheel at this point, and the car drove itself to the side of the road. Then these guys came up, fixed the tires without talking, and left.
11th Jul 2018, 4:17 AM #3
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
MrTorchy:

Good grief, that is absolutely horrifying. Did little things just keep occurring after that experience above?

PlatinumPencilz:This is more of a miracle of sorts but when I was a baby, a tire on our car popped or something and the car literally lifted the front end off the ground. My dad's hands weren't even on the wheel at this point, and the car drove itself to the side of the road. Then these guys came up, fixed the tires without talking, and left.

Aww :')
Adding onto what Platinum said about messing with spiritual stuff, these spooks also seems to like hanging around in households when there's a family member(or more) involved in very shady behavior (like heroin addiction, abuse, plotting murder...) When the problem family member was finally kicked out of the house, the weird poltergeist-y activities seemed to go away. Most of this took place while I was a baby, but my mother, Grandma and older brother have quite a few interesting stories to tell. At least 3 members of my family experienced some phenomenon of feeling like an evil figure wearing a warped version of their own face was trying to strangle them.

Gandma L's House:
The house ghost here was a well-known one. Some girl murdered her alcoholic father in that house, so when it went for sale, nobody would buy it. My Grandma got it for real cheap (you could peel back the bathroom wallpaper and see the blood stains). Everyone all had their own accounts of something that they experienced (Mom feeling a cold hand on her back with nobody behind her, laundry soap pushed off of a shelf, a candle-stick that would always go crooked whenever you left the room and came back)
Personal Encounter 1) I was holding a T-shirt in my hand while standing alone in the hallway. Something tugged on the T-shirt in my hand and I immediately thought it was a cat snagging its claws in it to play with it, but I realized the only cat in that house was nowhere around (nor would he ever go near me. That cat hated kids)

Personal Encounter 2) I was spending the night on the floor, near my sister's computer. The monitor would go to sleep, and everytime I opened my eyes and looked at it, the monitor woke back up. This weirded me out, but I reasoned that it was probably vibrations moving the mouse or something. I decided to test it. Next time the monitor went to sleep, I kept my eyes ALMOST closed, leaving one eye open just enough to watch the monitor. Nothing happened. It stayed off. After a moment of observing this, I opened my eyes again, then lo and behold, the monitor blips back on. When it sunk in that this ghost was specifically messing with me, I ran outside and stayed in the backyard until the sun came out, lol.

Work:
Apparently the store I work at was haunted. At least, it was rumored to be. Other workers said that when they would work overnights, cardboard boxes would be thrown at them. Nothing like that happened when I worked there.
Except one time; I needed to get more metal hooks to hang merchandise, so I walked into this stockroom area we called the "bowling ally" because it was a loooong stretch of pavement, like a hallway that stretched from the front of the store to the back. I was way at the very end fishing for the metal hooks and heard someone walking towards me (specifically the sound of shoes against the pavement). I looked to see who was coming and didn't see anyone. The footsteps stopped when I looked. "ooookay? It must have been my imagination", but as soon was I'd go back to fishing for hooks, the footsteps would continue. They were getting closer and closer to me and I looked up again only for the same thing to happen. The footsteps stopped. At this point, I was starting to realize I wasn't imagining this, and as I tried to quickly grab my hooks and go, I could hear the footsteps very close to me, now (about 4 yards from me). I didn't even know how to get the frick out of that room, because I'd have to run TOWARDS the footsteps to leave. TT__TT Which I had to swallow the lump in my throat and do. Jeez, do these guys like to toy with you.

Thankfully, there's some positive experiences, too, which are much more personal and hard to explain without sounding more like a loony than I already do, haha

EDIT: Oh yeah, this thread from months back had another spooky experience, along with a couple other forum users' here. That one involved a group of kids and me and a friend all doing a séance and it was not fun.
11th Jul 2018, 4:34 AM #4
Kev

Registration date: 14th Oct 2015
I don’t know if I believe in ghosts or not but, silly story but true, years ago I was in the kitchen of an old country club and others were talking about the ghosts there and I’ve been there alone at night, it’s a massive place but I’ve never experienced anything myself. Anyway I was holding a cd case with both hands and I made a joke about the ghost, I can’t really remember what I said, but after I said it my cds smacked the floor! Like literally they were knocked out of my hand. In front of people in the middle of the afternoon. I sure talked about that the rest of the day. Lol

Also, I had sleep paralysis before I knew it was a “thing”. I “woke up” in the middle of the night, not able to move, with a shadow figure standing in the corner of the room infront of the door. It came over to me and put its face right in front of my face, like nose to nose. When I really did wake up it was gone. I was a bit freaked out as it was very vivid. It was so weird I googled it the next morning as soon as I woke up and saw that the same thing has happened to other people all over the world!! Super weird people could share such a similar dream.
11th Jul 2018, 5:32 AM #5
MissElaney

Registration date: 26th Nov 2016
Honestly the scariest thing that ever happened to me was not supernatural, it was a crackhead trying to pick fights while I was on a train car and TL'DR I was saved by a big ole' dude who I wish I had thought to thank.

I had a shadow dude watching me growing up and it was only my house where I was afraid of certain parts of the house, I was FINE in any other house, no idea why the hell. I saw him curl his hand around the doorframe once and then leave and it scared the shit out of me.

Also I have had significant dreams before the deaths of people close to me and stuff.
11th Jul 2018, 5:52 AM #6
Werewolfsbane

Registration date: 1st Sep 2016
A few months ago in my grama’s house, I was doing some work on a robe for a costume, and was halfway done sewing up part of a sleeve. When I went to work on it the next morning, I noticed that the thread attached to the needle was shorter. When I took a closer look, I realized that the part of the sleeve I had left undone was finished. As I freaked out a bit, wondering what the heck happened, my gramma asked me if I had put some coffee on. I hadn’t, but noticed that the coffee pot was on earlier and assumed that my gramma had started making some. As we talked, I remembered that I had woken up only about a minute before her, and so I started to freak out more. She tried to come up with some rationalizations to help me calm down. Me and my dad & sister will be moving into the house sometime in the next few months, and the thought of that morning still creeps me out, even though it was benign.

Another time, I was lying in my bed having a hard time sleeping, when I felt something grab my foot. When I looked (after gathering the courage because it had also freaked me out), I saw nothing, and no one. It happened about 8 years ago, and I’ve been too nervous to let my feet get close to the edge of the bed ever since.
11th Jul 2018, 9:04 AM #7
Bear

Registration date: 6th Dec 2011
O.K., so one time..... nah, if I listed 'em all, I'd need my own thread.....

I'll give an easily explained one, though...

When I had my first kombi and first computer operations job, on shifts, I had 2 distinct ways to go home - one on the main South Wales motorway, the M4 ; the other on a country road that meandered about.
I often took the latter at night, just to keep myself from nodding off at the wheel ( something I did a LOT - I'm amazed I'm still here, to be honest ).

Anyway, this 'back way' home went over this old stone humpy-back bridge. My wife had bought this cassette stereo for me, and I'd put the speakers on this shelf behind the front seats. Driving over the bridge one night, I hear voices over the music..hmmm....odd, but thought no more about it. About a week later, same location, I get my name called and some muttering, only from the speaker behind me . Aaaargghh - the stereo was OFF !. I swerved and narrowly missed a truck .

It occurred a couple more times, and I was on the point of never going that way again, when I had to slow down to allow someone over the narrow bridge...and noticed a cottage, off to the side...there was a buzzing on the stereo, then I saw a guy in the cottage pickup a phone and say " Hello" , then a fainter voice, then
" Oh hello, [my name], glad you rang...." fade away. I noticed his phone line came from a pole the other side of the road and come quite low over the bridge...

...so rational explanation - the signal was getting earthed down onto my van....he says, confidently B-)
11th Jul 2018, 4:30 PM #8
MrTorchy

PlatinumPencilz:Just a note that I do 100% believe in spiritual stuff (Christian here, hi) and that it... definitely isn't something to be messed with. I don't have any spooky stories myself but my parents have a lot of bizarre stories from when they were younger. And basically the more you screw with spiritual stuff the more demons are gonna screw with you.

Like my mom used to be into astral projection and whatnot. She knew these people who actually ended up making a voodoo doll of her. Like she felt a poking in her stomach and got a phone call with people asking her if she felt it.

And then my dad's brother I think??? or someone had a literal possessed doll that would screw around with them. I can't remember the full story but they smashed it, buried it, but it kept coming back. Wild.

This is more of a miracle of sorts but when I was a baby, a tire on our car popped or something and the car literally lifted the front end off the ground. My dad's hands weren't even on the wheel at this point, and the car drove itself to the side of the road. Then these guys came up, fixed the tires without talking, and left.

Yeah I was big into astral-projection/the general "occult" and so forth. I was a big fan of Alastor Crowley, had a lot of him books (really cool poetry) and practices some rituals.

Merged Doublepost:

Bear:O.K., so one time..... nah, if I listed 'em all, I'd need my own thread.....

I'll give an easily explained one, though...

When I had my first kombi and first computer operations job, on shifts, I had 2 distinct ways to go home - one on the main South Wales motorway, the M4 ; the other on a country road that meandered about.
I often took the latter at night, just to keep myself from nodding off at the wheel ( something I did a LOT - I'm amazed I'm still here, to be honest ).

Anyway, this 'back way' home went over this old stone humpy-back bridge. My wife had bought this cassette stereo for me, and I'd put the speakers on this shelf behind the front seats. Driving over the bridge one night, I hear voices over the music..hmmm....odd, but thought no more about it. About a week later, same location, I get my name called and some muttering, only from the speaker behind me . Aaaargghh - the stereo was OFF !. I swerved and narrowly missed a truck .

It occurred a couple more times, and I was on the point of never going that way again, when I had to slow down to allow someone over the narrow bridge...and noticed a cottage, off to the side...there was a buzzing on the stereo, then I saw a guy in the cottage pickup a phone and say " Hello" , then a fainter voice, then
" Oh hello, [my name], glad you rang...." fade away. I noticed his phone line came from a pole the other side of the road and come quite low over the bridge...

...so rational explanation - the signal was getting earthed down onto my van....he says, confidently B-)

Dude nawh, you had a Super Speaker in your old car, it could be some twilight zone noise.

Merged Doublepost:

[quote=NiaNook]Good grief, that is absolutely horrifying. Did little things just keep occurring after that experience above?

Yes, yes they did. I have a few more stories like that actually, it's one of the things that got me into writing and drawing.
11th Jul 2018, 5:09 PM #9
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
I don't believe in the supernatural, which is good because I'm pretty prone to half asleep hallucination.

The scariest on I ever had was a night I couldn't sleep in high school. I was sleeping on a futon on my floor at that time (I always did that when I was stressed), but had been tossing and turning for hours. I was laying in the dark when I heard somebody crying. I looked to the side of my bed and I saw myself, curled up on the floor, sobbing inconsolably.
I bolted upright, turned on lights, and the room was empty. I was too scared to turn them back off, but exhausted, so I fell asleep with the lights on and a shirt over my head.

I've also seen clouds of mist over a friend, pulling the air out of their lungs, people standing at the end of my bed, that sort of thing. Sometimes I think I see a man in blue plaid standing at the edge of the hallway and staring at me. I hear people calling to me a lot too.
I also have really specific low oxygen sensory things. If I look over my shoulder too long, I start to see clouds of golden light around me like fireflies. I know I'm about to lose consciousness if I start tasting blood.

edit: Oh, also. One time I got a call. They left a voicemail that was just a child's voice saying "Goodbye". The number was a friend's, who isn't prone to pranks or being around children. Scared the everliving shit out of me. I hope one of her baby cousins was playing with her phone or something, but it's been two years and I haven't died mysteriously, so I think I'm good.
11th Jul 2018, 6:08 PM #10
atomicgull
formerly
Registration date: 2nd Jun 2016
I have some stories too, but they aren't particularly scary.

In 2002 my dad wrecked his motorcycle. He didn't survive. The week that followed was a flurry of unexplained phenomenon! His best friend stopped at a Walmart to pick something up and found himself in the CD aisles. No good reason, he wasn't there for music, but he just "felt" like he should look. He bought a random CD, put it in the car right away. It didn't begin on track 1, it started on track 11 instead. He thought there was something wrong with the CD, all the 1's being mixed up or something, but it ended up being this perfect song about death. He raced over to play it for us and told us how he found it, and so we played it at the funeral. Anyone interested, the song is "The Spirit Carries On" by Dream Theater. This guy would never listen to Dream Theater on his own accord x)

A cousin was visiting from Portland at the time, since it was Labor Day weekend and we had a big extended-family party to go to. In fact, it was while we were all at the party that the accident happened. Because of the sudden circumstances, the cousin decided to stay for a while to help where he could. So he ended up on the computer downloading things. My dad was kind of crazy about his computer. He built it himself and all, and he was picky about what went on it. A picture went toppling off the piano, and the computer shut down - permanently. It died. We had to buy a new one.

Then we just had the little things, like wind chimes going crazy when there was no wind, or photos of him falling. He took to tootsie pops whenever he gave up smoking, and we would randomly find them around the house sometimes when we swore they weren't there before. He played bass guitar and spent ages playing the same 3 songs over and over and over, so now when those songs come on the radio it's like he's saying hi! Not exactly supernatural, but pretty cool anyway.

His wrecked bike sat under a cover in the garage, and sometimes the cover would randomly be off of it. In a closed garage, with no wind. Once he bought me a tiny stuffed animal for Valentine's day. I went in my room a few days after he died and found it sitting in the middle of my bed, facing the door. I asked everyone if they did it, and they all said they hadn't been in my room.

There were lots of things but it's been just about 16 years and I don't remember as much anymore.
11th Jul 2018, 8:56 PM #11
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
Oh boy! Do I have some stuff to tell...

First off, my own apartment has been haunted for over 2 decades. I've seen some random stuff happening like things jumping off the table, stuff disappearing and constantly sensing a presence. I KNEW this presence wasn't a malicious one, but merely a spirit that felt lonely and wanted to play. Most of the apartments from my side of the building aren't inhabited, so I was the closest person to be meddled with. D:
One night I did a clarvoyance exercise that I found on the internet which involved mentally touring my home and finding if it's haunted. So far so good. The small room that used to be mine for a long time, before switching to the one next to it was especially scary, so I avoided it, till the end when I finally had the courage to access it. Near the window, I could see the spirit of a 5-year old boy! It was there, I could see he was sad and I instantly knew who it was.
When I moved into the apartment, under ours there was a family that had 3 children. Their youngest(I'll call him R), who was 5 at the time died by drowning in our local river. I was about 8 or 9 at the time, so yeah, he's been around for a long time.
One day I couldn't find any of my sets of keys and I KNEW he was watching me from above the bookcase, so I told him: 'Please give me back my keys! What do you use them for in your dimension? Be a good boy and put them in the drawer in front of me! I need my keys and I don't feel like playing!' Lo and behold, I opened the drawer and my keys appeared in there.
The latest 'encounters' with R happened like 4-5 years ago when he kept switching on my computer randomly at night after I was switching it off and going to bed. These were the last times he's manifested in any way. I stopped sensing his presence altogether for a while now. He most likely finally transcended to the 'other side'.

Story number 2. College.
We once had a 'girl's night' in our room and were doing all kinds of spiritual stuff in the room, trying to play around with tarot, predicting the future and whatnot. There was this one girl who saw a lot of paranormal activity in her life(or so she claimed), telling us ghost stories and rumors about some girl who fell off the back staircase of the building and died. She said she was afraid to go there at night because she would hear this spirit whispering her name. Didn't make much of it at the time, but I was fascinated with this occult stuff, lol. I had my own set of cards and I would give readings. Some girls from the campus would come to me for answers.
Then after a while shit started to happen in the room I was living. The volume on my radio would just randomly go up by itself, I would hear clock sounds inside the wall, even random voices.
One weekend, both of my roommates went home and I was left alone in the room. I was aware for a while that there was a presence there, I could sense it. So, okay. That night I came back from the city, bought some groceries and as I walked into the room, I threw the keys and purse on my bed and went to have a drink. As I was doing whatever I was doing at the time in the room I kept sensing this presence staring at me very intensely. I was beginning to freak out, literally. So, I scurried off the room... or so I wanted. Couldn't find the keys anywhere. I searched high and low, on the bed, under the bed, my purse, jacket, but they were nowhere to be found! I went to the porch and asked for an extra key so I could lock the door and went to another room to sleep, because yeah... sleeping there alone with a potentially angry spirit was a no...
Next morning, I went into the room and my keys re-appeared on the bed. o.O
Yeah, freaky stuff...

Next, short story but true.
I had a cat for 16 years and a half.
My dad recalls to have heard his meow in his head, just before the day he(the cat) died.

The next night, after this cat finally passed away, I could suddenly sense cat pee smell. He was trying to tell me that he's still around somehow. I thought I imagined it at first, but it was real. Even saw him a few times with the corner of my eye, just to have him disappear when I turned around.
19th Jul 2018, 11:34 PM #12
MrTorchy

(Okay, so to top off, mirroring from R/creepypasta, and r/nosleep)
This is a chronological list of the weird stuff that's happened in my life so far. I have no explanation for any of this, other than "it was a dream", or "it was an hallucination". Outside of that, I've got nothing.
So, here we go;
This all kicks off when I was a lil' baby Macaroon. (cite; five years old)
I drowned in a swimming pool.
Well, "drowned" is a harsh term, I passed out due to inhaling a bunch of water, and woke up on the side of a pool, with a woman giving me CPR. I went swimming with the family when I was a kid, and wore a big shirt instead of a swimsuit, which didn't end well. I remember trying to swim up while sinking down. Fun fact about going under like that, I was horrified at first. I fought to the surface of the water, and eventually just gave out. My body sort of accepted it? Anyways, I almost died. I came to coughing up water, and feeling absolutely horrible. My skin looked more pale that it normally does, and everything was really hazy. Afterward I spent a little bit of time getting better, and before you know it I was a dry, toasted macaroon again.
This mattered to me a lot, as it was something I keep coming back to when I talk to people about this stuff, as rare as that is. It was the second time I brushed up against the great beyond, the first was when I was in-uterus, and my heart stopped alongside my Moms', obviously it didn't take, but here we are.
Back to the point, one the whole drowning thing happened, some weird stuff started to kick off a few months later.
At the time, my family lived in Santa Cruz California, in a beach house. This isn't a super horrifying kind of thing, but it was something that stood out to me, and it's the earliest “weird” thing I can think of happening.
It was Saturday morning, and I was watching that Godzilla cartoon, the one with the Mathew Broderick Godzilla, (his name is “Zilla” apparently). I was eating some old sugar cereal, and heard a buzzing noise. I ignored it for a while, until I felt a bug crawling on my leg. Being a child, I kind of panicked, and tossed my cereal on the floor shaking the bug off. Being covered in Feety-Pajamas, Cheerios, and milk; I Investigated. I crawled across the floor, finding little bugs I would later think were mayflies crawling on the floor. I looked around and didn't notice anything flying, so I was sure they were just crawling on the floor. Even as a kid I felt this was really weird. I crawled following the trail of mayflies, as the buzzing grew louder. I found the source of it all, and froze. There was a pile of mayflies, all dead or dying, around five inches thick, piled up at the sliding glass door from the outside. Some of them had crawled through cracks and worked their way towards me. I just kept looking, until my dad picked me up and got me away from them.
I remember looking into the pile and not knowing why. I had no idea why they would all come there to die, why they came towards me, and why so many of the living ones were working their way down through the pile.
So creepy right? I mean, I thought so as a kid. So, outside of me, some other weird stuff was happening to my family. My Dad never mentioned anything in particular, though he did seem a bit more paranoid for a while. From my Moms' side of thing, she had two stories which stood out.
Firstly, was the reason my mother stopped eating with the lights off. While we lived at the Beach house, one night a couple weeks after the mayflies; Mom decided she wanted a midnight snack, and we had a few cookies in the kitchen. It was around 2am, Mom not wanting to turn on any lights, left them off (I have no clue why?). She walked in, and found some cookies left on the counter, without being able to see much she just started eating a few. Right away she noted that something tasted off, she finished one cookie, then stopped after a bit of another one. She felt something weird on her hand, face, and arm; Then, something strange on the inside of her mouth. She dropped the cookie she was eating, and swatted at her arms, and face. She panicked for a moment, and began looking around for what was causing this. She had to wait until her eyes adjusted to the light, and then, she noticed the crawling black dots in her hair. There was a huge precession of ants, crawling from the corner of the kitchen, across the cookies, and now about twenty of them on her. She said that the march was at least four inches thick, and the ants were huge. She had eaten a few that were on the cookie.
Another week or so later, My Mom came over to my Grandmother's house. She often let herself in, and just sort of came and went as she pleased there. My Grandmothers' property was actually quite large, so parking was pretty easy. The house was also fairly large as well, so there was a lot of “calling from the other room”. Once she got in, Mom did her normal “go about the house” routine, until she heard her name very clearly, being called from the kitchen. She went in, and was led back further to the back of the house by what sounded like my Grandmother, until my Grandmothers' car pulled up and she came into the front of the house calling for my Mom. According to my Grandmother, nobody had been at the house for the past five hours or so.
I have a younger brother who also had strange occurrences happen more to-him, than around him. So Ya'see, we slept in the same room, and had bunkbeds. He's a mite younger, (by two years about). He's a fantastic person, and I miss us being around each other as much as we used to. So okay, getting to the point; he sleptwalk a lot around this time. I never found out when he stopped, and din't even know he had been doing it until I was older. I'm glad my parents didn't tell me, because I would've probably been horrified by it.
To recount, and this is breaking formula a bit, but it's much more relevant to just put it like this;
1. He would often walk to the kitchen, and pee in/around the trashcan, then walk back to his room.
2. He would stand net to his bed, and just stare at it
3. He would stare at me, on my bunk
4. He would steal things from around the house and keep them in his room
5. He would gather knives from around the house, and stash the under his pillow.
6. He would sneak outside, and bury things in the back yard, including the knives he stole.
7. He would murmur, about nonsense.
He was four.
I never saw this stuff myself, but according to my parents, that's what was going down.
Now, beyond that I can't remember much of what they said happened to them, aside from their noting of weird stuff going on.
The next thing is a something that happened to me, and I haven't written it down outside of this, and only rarely accounted the details to people I know.
I was about six years old, maybe seven.
I saw sleeping on my bed, it was the top bunk (as per usual), and something woke me up. I'm not sure why I was awake, but I'm glad I was, or I guess I'm not? Either way, I saw what was happening. I watched as the blanket was moved away from my feet, by air. An invisible thing moved the blanket from my feet, and then grabbed my ankle, ripped me off my bed, and dragged me towards the door. My ankle felt like it was in a vice grip, I started screaming. I clawed at the carpet, and I tried to grab the door's archway, and fought to stay in the room. I heard quiet snickering, and looked at my feet to see nothing. My leg was floating two feet off the ground, and I was being pulled down the hall. I heard someone moving elsewhere in the house, and thought help might be coming. At the end of the hall was a bathroom, and the bathroom door swung open by itself. Inside was pitch black. I knew, I knew, in my little brain, that if I made it into that bathroom I wouldn't be coming out. I felt my fingernails strain against my skin as I clawed at the floor. I heard someone in the bathroom, the door slammed shut, and my foot dropped. I passed out, and woke up in the hallway an hour later, my parents thinking I had a horrible nightmare.
I never went into that bathroom again.
Weeks later I woke up with strange scars on my right knee I have no explanation for.
Then life went on as It normally did. For a few years, nothing happened outside of small stuff I don't really feel is relevant. Just more small noises, and small sightings. Once as a pre-teen I sword I saw a black figure standing behind me, reaching out to me while I was alone. I started having dreams about the end of the world a lot, and dying, and being murdered, and being hunted, being in hell. (ehh they're not as dramatic as I'm making them sound, some are intense, some are boring, they're dreams, so yeah)
The next notible thing was when I was about fifteen, this one has no dramatic buildup, it's better if I come out and say it.
While in my room one night, being a dramatic, depressed, self harming fifteen year old, I looked into a mirror and saw myself reach out.
In the reflection my skin was a pale olive green, pink puckering scars dotted across my body. MY hair was matted, and greasy. My eyes were a milky, myopic white. My reflection was reaching out towards me. I fell down, and spent about twenty minuets working up the courage to look back into the mirror. I looked later and everything was fine. I curled into my computer chair for the remainder of the night, before hurrying into my bed and forcing myself to sleep.

The following is relevant, though a repost of something I've already posted.
It's here for anyone who hasn't read it, and it's probably the most intense anything had gotten.

Here it is;
I wanna start this off by clarifying that I have no real explanation for this, though I assume I was being delusional, or having a psychotic break, or something like that.
I was 17, and my mother had been battling cancer for quite a few years. We were living in a small two bedroom apartment in Laughlin Nevada's Crown Point apartment complex, it's real, you can look it up, and even visit the apartment if you wanna, though people live there now? and that would be weird.
We had been in the apartment for quite some time, and things were not great. I had a cat named Jazz at the time, and she was amazing, my Mom had been dating a guy named Ronnie, he wasn't amazing; and the whole place was sort of a wreck a lot of the time. See, my best friends (and sort of psuedo-family) had been living there with us, off and on. That sort of "hey J stays over for like three weeks, then goes to his parent's house, then D+B come over for like two months" sort of central friend hub kind of thing. The apartment complex has a pool, and we used it a lot, and I had a lot of stuff lying around, we collected things, and kept them in the apartment. I'm sort of a pack-rat, and this leads to collections in a huge way. This gave the whole place a sort of half-family/half-bachelor-pad kind of feel. Lots of posters, I even had Marilyn Monroe on my ceiling over my bed, because you know, I was 17 and a total goober.
So, my Mom's cancer had gone into remission, though would later return, that's a whole different kind of story though. This lead to her partying a lot. She would drink heavily, and be absent for about a week or so at a time pretty often. Her and Ronnie would just vanish with our food stamps card, return with some food and a lot of beer, then take the beer and vanish back into the aether. This left my friends around a bunch*.* we stayed up all night all the time, played a metric ass-tonne of video games. (Last Remnant is an incomplete trainwreck, and a masterpiece) We were also super into the occult, mysticism, blah blah, lots of what I would later not be into at all. This made me very paranoid about ghosts and boogins and such. Though, that aside, we were convinced something was in the apartment. See, B (we're doing that "first name is gonna be the first letter of the name shtick here") HATED the back room, he said it gave him an "off" feeling. See I felt the same all the time, and wouldn't ever go back there. Now, all in all, the following was "noticed" by our adolecent brains;

The ceiling would have shadows which looked like water was being reflected on it

Weird noises would be heard off and on

A feeling of being watched (cliche)

a "Shadow Man" or something

General paranoia being "amplified" when near the back room

Objects moving

It got worse, when you were alone.

There was other stuff, but It isn't super relevant.
Now, there were rarely nights when we wouldn't be paired up, or have at least two people in the house at a time; then there was the night I'm talking about here.
Okay, so my unlucky ass has every one of my friends, my Mom, and my Cat (who had been let out to the wild by my Mom, which just blows in a huge way R.I.P. Jazz wherever you are, you brilliant perfect cat) had all decided to be somewhere else. It's the middle of summer, and I have nowhere to go, it's exceedingly hot outside because I'm in the desert, everyone outside is inside, and I am alone.
So to note, weird shit always started to happen, and one in the morning.
it became, one in the morning.
Weird shit started to happen.
Now, being close to the back of the house was basically verboden. So I'm sitting in the living room, trying to watch TV, my room is 16scary46me right now, so I'm not about to head in there, when it starts.
The TV decided to turn itself off. The remote had been missing for about two years, so I think 'Okay, weird, it's a shitbird Tube-TV, it's fritzy" and turn it back on. It decides to turn itself back off right after. I'm thinking the TV died, when suddenly it turns itself back on and starts cranking the volume.
So, fuck that right? I decide to sit down, when the ceiling starts to do it's "water shadow" thing; fuck. me. my house is haunted. I decided to do the only logical thing, and start to panic like a child. I turn off the TV, and it starts to turn back on, each time I turn it off.
Now, okay, so I'm starting to think that someone is fucking with me, I rationalize, and calm down. I turn the volume down, turn on Adult Swim, and stop panicking. I ignore the shadows, and burn some sage (into supernatural stuff). I am not an expert with these things, though I had thought that would fix it, and it didn't.
The sage seemed to calm things down, as the TV stayed on, until it started turning the volume up, and down, and up and down.
Then, it turned off, and then it went back on, full blast, and in static.
When this happens, I stand up, and papers from the table near the kitchen float up off the table, and spin into the air, I am frozen in place, and I feel time hold still. Then I notice that the shadow underneath the paper, being cast by the kitchen light, is shaped like a person. The shadow seems to carry the paper on it's head and vanish into the floor.
I begin screaming, because, you know; fuck that.
So, then things kick into full on Evil Dead territory, as the TV starts pumping the volume up, and down. TV Static is blaring, there are weird shadows on the ceiling, and I hear wind screaming outside as the weather kicks up.
I start feeling this intense sensation of raw dread coming from the back of the apartment, and I get this feeling that something has to do with the water I can hear running in the bathroom back there. Now, the bath used to leak, but this sounded like it was just running the bathwater.
I start calling out, because I am sure this is a prank of something, I start screaming out for my friends, demanding that they stop, that it isn't funny anymore. That I get it, I'm scared.
Then, The TV turns off.
The room got a little darker, then a little brighter.
and the wind kicked down.
Then I heard something like a car crashing into my front door, as the door swung open full force, leaving a dent in the wall it rant into, I ran to the door, in full adrenaline mode, I was thinking something like "okay, just yell at it, it'll go away, do something, anything, panic, fight it, eat it, something, do something". I ran to the door as fast as I could, I bolted as quickly as possible.
When I got to the door, nobody was there, and I didn't hear anyone running, I didn't hear any laughing, I didn't hear a thing.
I started screaming for someone to come out, for someone to just show up.
Nobody answered.
I sat back down on the futon in the front, the TV was turned back on, and I just sat there not knowing what to do.
Things stayed weird for a while after, shadows moving on the walls, that sense of dread from the back of the room, the water running. I heard nothing change, nothing else happened, I just sat there. I don't remember when I fell asleep, but I must have, because I woke up to the early morning block on Cartoon Network, and an empty house.
I was blamed for the dent in the wall, and the marks on the front of the door, that looked like two black handprints.
I'm 25 now, and I think about this a lot.
I have no explanation for it, and I have other stories about stuff that happened in the apartment. But this was the biggest thing.
I am really fucking happy I don't live there anymore
This is where things end up stopping, and that's about lead to where I am now. Nothing has happened since this that I can remember.