Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Things that irk you, or otherwise rustle your jimmies

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Things that irk you, or otherwise rustle your jimmies
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [8]

"Things that irk you, or otherwise rustle your jimmies", 17th Jul 2018, 2:18 PM #1
Lord_Wunderfrog
formerly Aran_Froggatt
Registration date: 18th Apr 2016
There are many things on a daily basis that we allow ourselves to get worked up and upset about.
Many of these are things that we cannot change. For me, two come to mind.

-The Irish government trying to push minimum alcohol pricing, and huge (30% surface area) warning labels, which make the whole packaging ugly, which is terrible if you want to buy a fancy wine or a craft ale, or something else considered a luxury (The EU *thankfully* shot it down as being non-competitive and harmful to the market, but don't tell me they're not gonna try pull that again. Especially with Leo Feckin' Varadkar as taoiseach. France really didn't like the warning label stuff, and a lot of vineyards threatened to stop exporting to Ireland, I think)

-In relation to above, discussions about enforcing a mandatory closing time for fast food under the reasoning that people won't stay out in pubs past either 11pm (I think that was the proposed time) if they know they can't get a kebab afterwards.

-It has been 20 years, WHERE is Half Life 3? Somebody poke Gabe.

I know these are gonna be trivial for many people who deal with some genuine and frustrating difficulties on a daily basis, like health issues, but these are things that sometimes just put me in a bad mood.
17th Jul 2018, 2:39 PM #2
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
Not having internet access when I need to update my comic. ;_;
17th Jul 2018, 2:48 PM #3
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
- Trump
- Brexit
- Low self esteem, disgust, fear and issues with myself I can't do anything about
- Foxes
17th Jul 2018, 3:22 PM #4
Lord_Wunderfrog
formerly Aran_Froggatt
Registration date: 18th Apr 2016
I'm intrigued by the foxes. Urban foxes, I guess?

-Also. The Spotify app for android. Whole thing is a mess. The most annoying quirk is that if the internet connection falters at any point, like going through an area of bad phone signal, then Spotify locks itself down and refuses to even check if the connection has been restored.
I've gotten errors from Spotify telling me that I'm offline, no matter how I try to interact with it, (The message refreshes so quickly, you can tell it doesn't even try to re-establish connection, it fetches the 'offline' result from a local cache) and I have been able to simultaneously run decent speedtests on the same device, proving it has a solid connection that Spotify doesn't wanna look for.
I'm seriously considering not paying for it anymore, because this is a constant, daily issue. I never have a smooth experience with the app. Especially on car journeys.
-They also took the first two Judas Priest albums off Spotify. :c
17th Jul 2018, 3:31 PM #5
Zor15

Registration date: 18th Jul 2012
* Stuck-up people
* Idiot drivers
*Most female English voices in video games (and its always a protagonist)
*Going down the same isle you all ready went down in a store.
* My low self-esteem
*Myself not spelling words right/forgetting words.
*The soda tax

[b]U0.0U Woof! Woof!
17th Jul 2018, 3:32 PM #6
Mothtrap
mouth blood
Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
God DAmn Adverts on spotify, they have the same like five ads that they repeat over and over, there's and insufferable Oasis ad where they're making fun of brands who try to use good causes to promote themselves, one where nike or adidas or some brand tells me to buy their products to save the oceans, coca cola has one that starts with the sound of coke being poured into a glass that makes me shudder and scramble for the mute button, a tON of spotify premium ads with a woman with a really annoying accent and a really smug-sounding man and they have a really weird dynamic between them, like I can't tell if they're supposed to be siblings or friends or lovers, maybe it's some sort of clandestine incestual relationship they're trying to mask with their shared love of spotify premium I don't know

I could just buy premium
But their adverts for premium piss me off so much that I refuse to buy it
i won't let them break me
17th Jul 2018, 3:36 PM #7
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Yeah, a fox has gotten into one of our coops and slaughtered a whole flock twice this year. We've got the problem under control, but it still annoys me when I see people talk about how wonderful, amazing and misunderstood they are.

"Foxes aren't sly!"

Yes they are.
17th Jul 2018, 3:38 PM #8
GMan003
I can explain
Registration date: 18th May 2011
Youtube's "watch next" feature. Oh hey, you just watched "The History of Commodore Computers, Part One". Let's play part three next. Or part four. Or "Some fucking idiot plays Fortnite", because that's generally popular, despite the fact that I hate both idiots and Fortnite.

I'm also annoyed by how ESA (the speedrunning marathon, not the space agency) decided to hold off on posting half their videos from last April's event to Youtube, until they suddenly started uploading them as soon as SGDQ (a much larger and more well-known speedrunning marathon) kicked off. That's both incredibly petty, incredibly pathetic, and incredibly rude to their actual audience, who probably would have loved to watch the videos less than a year after the event.

I have an entire separate list of webcomics-related jimmie-rustling, but I think that deserves a separate thread.
17th Jul 2018, 4:05 PM #9
khkddn
death is imminent
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
When I'm wearing earbuds, and the cord gets stuck on something, and it pulls them out of my ears or even worse pulls the jack out of my phone. That pisses me off way more than it should
17th Jul 2018, 4:19 PM #10
socksofargyle

Registration date: 10th Sep 2013
JammyTheBirb:Yeah, a fox has gotten into one of our coops and slaughtered a whole flock twice this year. We've got the problem under control, but it still annoys me when I see people talk about how wonderful, amazing and misunderstood they are.

"Foxes aren't sly!"

Yes they are.

foxes are adorable little shits.

what really irks me is bad AND aggressive drivers. like I was driving this morning and a truck nearly hit me cause he couldn't wait until i was even half way out of his way to make a U-turn into my lane. MD drivers at least have a method to their madness.

and when you're drawing a curve line and you mess it up/draw it slightly in the wrong place more than five times in a row.

aaaand wanting to sleep but you drank too much coffee so no matter how comfortable you are your brain won't rest. :,)
17th Jul 2018, 4:38 PM #11
junoro
So much to do in one lifetime
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Mine's when anyone just casually lumps a whole group of people together and derides every person in that group. I've done it more times than I can count, but I'm trying to ease off that with the knowledge that it can lead to ridiculous stereotypes.

Also:
-anxiety
-hurting your hand from drawing too much
-33+ degree weather
17th Jul 2018, 4:48 PM #12
Lilbluebox

Registration date: 5th May 2015
Boob. Cup. Armor.

*screams forever*

And just any 'armor' that doesn't actually PROTECT the wearer. This is usually a problem in female armor designs because for whatever reason the goal is to make the lady sexy, not safe. I do not understand. It's the worst thing and I hate it so much.
17th Jul 2018, 4:50 PM #13
WanderingJew
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
When you sleep and wake up with a pain in the neck from sleeping wrong or not having enough head support while sleeping.
17th Jul 2018, 5:34 PM #14
Matt Comics
Wiki Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
far too many things irk me. the list is too huge to share, and many of these things are subjective or petty (but that's probably the case for everyone else too). I can still share a few random things off the top of my head.

* Pessimistic people

* Facebook. Dunno what's the deal with them, but that site is so slow nowadays, despite my crappy internet. It tries to load too many pointless things and ads, and the layout is too cluttered. This is really annoying 'cause I got several friends on that site and I can barely chat with them.

* Loud people

* People who denigrate fun or silly Marvel stories. (it can also apply to DC and other comics, but I'm more familiar with Marvel) Writers and fans alike do that and everyone may be entitled to their opinion, but I can't stand it. A lot of "crappy and weird Silver Age stories" are genuinely entertaining. Comics shouldn't be overly angsty, dramatic or "realistic". I love cartoony characters and many concepts can be used in great ways by skilled writers who actually sense crazy awesome potential behind their "ridiculous" facade.

* Pessimistic and loud people XD

WanderingJew:When you sleep and wake up with a pain in the neck from sleeping wrong or not having enough head support while sleeping.

oh yeah that too.
17th Jul 2018, 5:53 PM #15
PeterVonBrown

Registration date: 7th Jan 2016
That people can't seem to get "its & it's" correct. It's done wrong practically every time I see it. And it's the easiest thing to figure out.

I do see why people have trouble, though, since "its" is a possessive pronoun and people think that a possesive needs an apostrophe. But consider that his' or his's or hers' or hers's or theirs' or theirs's is not correct, nor do you ever see it. (If you do, good lord.)

The simple way to know which you need:
Read what you have with the words "it is". Is that what you meant to say - Yes? Apostrophe. No? No apostrophe.

Why is this so? Because in the case of "it's", the function of the apostrophe is to take the place of the missing letter & space.

(And the argument of not native language is a factor, yes, but there are weird rules to any language, so... no.)

Your/You're, too. (Possessive pronoun/you are)
17th Jul 2018, 6:07 PM #16
Catburger

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2017
Bus stops that have a fucking bar instead of a seat.

17th Jul 2018, 7:26 PM #17
Lutztoons
formerly Laz Neptune
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
-When people chew with their mouth open.
-When a baby or toddler is screaming loudly in a restaurant or movie theater and the parents are doing nothing about it.
-Neighbors playing loud music with the bass cranked up.
-When people make blanket statements about a whole demographic of people and then mock them. Come on.
17th Jul 2018, 7:43 PM #18
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Console exclusivity and no backwards compatibility.

So much for preserving video game legacy... I can play a game from 2005 on PC (like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory) with no problem, but God forbid I'd put a PS2 disc to play it on PS3. Yeah, and imagine if Sony BD movies were exclusive to Sony BD players, while on Samsung they wouldn't work.

And "Games as Service" idea.

And tribal mentality of gaming community.

No wonder I share a huge disgust toward the word "gamer".
17th Jul 2018, 8:04 PM #19
kyrtuck

Registration date: 19th Sep 2016
People complaining that the new SW films have white male villains, when the old SW movies had those too.

Currently unable to sell things on ebay.

Lack of rain for weeks at a time.

Old whimpy computer at home.

General, relative poorness, and not having stuff other people have.
17th Jul 2018, 9:37 PM #20
Seabiscuit
mattress of pork aspiration
Registration date: 14th Jan 2014
I am one big ball of salt

-DLC, lootboxes, that kinda thing; enough is enough already.
-How much Microsoft saw fit to completely ruin Skype.
-Why can't I get koala cookies at any store here?! Sob, sob.
-Tumblr
-SJW... Stuff. Just... SJW everything. And especially the whole "everything is racist, sexist, etcist" thing
-Games requiring windows 10, games being console exclusive, blahblah...
-The way the media twists things
-The current culture of just totally demonizing all white men, and god forbid they also be straight
-Facebook and the way it has its tentacles in everything
-Subnautica not having any sort of co-op after it being teased in concept art is a damn crime is what it is
-I don't play anymore but gosh Bryfang reminded me how salty I am over how much the devs wrekt league of legends
-FLEAS!!!!
-Hot weather. No. Oh my god. Enough already. I'm ready for snow. Alaska, here I come.
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [8]