Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - a surprise move, Comic fury was bought

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > a surprise move, Comic fury was bought
Pages: [1]

"a surprise move, Comic fury was bought", 9th Aug 2018, 12:01 PM #1
Travis

Registration date: 16th Feb 2015
Just for fun,What would this site be like if it was bought by some big company?

say.. Disney: All webcomics will be put into their "Vault" and they'll offer all the artists here a sub minimum wage contract to churn out odd, family friendly cartoons that were designed through market research, and also "jump the shark" sequels like Aladdin 8 that's mostly about the animals that were magically created by genies.

As a fun side note, you should see this thread in the sidebar on the main page ;)
9th Aug 2018, 12:12 PM #2
DrewSpence

Registration date: 25th Apr 2017
Do we pick the company too?
I say Facebook, then.

1) ADS EVERYWHERE. Using google sense or Amazon search cookies or whatever that service is so that you see ads for anything you ever even thought about researching.
2) Tons of little confusing buttons that get you to almost post Comic Fury updates on your Facebook timeline.
3) Every time you popped on this site, you'd see private messages notifications, get excited, but then and find out they are all Comic Fury generated and they want you to post more "Your friends haven't heard from you in a while, start a new thread"
4) Russian bots dropping fake news stories about writers hating artists and artists hating writers.
5) Notices that your information was stolen and your comics are being used in a hostile country for propaganda. Some might like that.
6) Constant FLAGS and suspensions on your account every time you disagree with someone.
7) Friend requests from unknown artists so they can spam your profile.
8) The ONE GOOD THING is a chance to advertise on the front page. lol
10th Aug 2018, 1:13 AM #3
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
I already offered Kyo an hundred pounds for it. He still hasn't gotten back to me yet.
10th Aug 2018, 1:33 AM #4
Catburger

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2017
Anyone who refuses to act like a brand ambassador in a commercial has been banned. They're gone, never coming back.

Also, I'm really looking forward to Moana 2! I think Disney is a fantastic company and everyone should go and buy their shitty merchandise!

10th Aug 2018, 2:04 AM #5
Bear

Registration date: 6th Dec 2011
Travis:Just for fun,What would this site be like if it was bought by some big company?

say.. Disney: All webcomics will be put into their "Vault" and .....

AAaaarrrghhh "NO !" DON'T say Disney...or any other "family friendly" prudish American'thing' !

....or do all we " L,N,S,V " types get sold off separately somewhere, to a more 'adult' evil empire ?

Haha ! B-)
10th Aug 2018, 5:34 AM #6
felneymike

Registration date: 26th Apr 2017
Bear:
....or do all we " L,N,S,V " types get sold off separately somewhere, to a more 'adult' evil empire ?

Haha ! B-)

What if the site was bought by Mindgeek? Then anybody without all four letters would be required to add them
10th Aug 2018, 6:17 AM #7
SinisterRabbit

Registration date: 21st Jul 2015
If Disney bought it then my comic is doomed because it's not child friendly.

If Comicfury is bought by Naver. It will become like Line Webtoons. XD

My Webcomic:
10th Aug 2018, 7:11 AM #8
junoro
yesterday, you said junoro
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Twitter buys CF. Everyone can only post comics that fit the size requirements and there's a max 280 character limit for comments and author's notes. Also whenever you try to read a comic, random other comic pages from series the author likes are sprinkled throughout in no discernable order!!
10th Aug 2018, 8:23 AM #9
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
WanderingJew:
edit: for context, Disneyland Paris has a reputation among Disney fans of being a legendary commercial failure and is known for it's poor management, poor maintenance, weird culture clash and people smoking in places they're not supposed to. The French received the park so negatively when it was first opened, and since then it's been an uphill battle to operate the park smoothly. I love it so much.
I like to imagine if Disney owned CF, it would treat the site the same way as DL Paris.

Disneyland paris is still great. The only good thing about the place. My wife and I went there and were so miserable in the city of Paris. From the overpriced food, the filthy, stinky streets to the rude people and the scammers / thieves everywhere Paris blows.

Disneyland is the best part, but yea, people smoke and leave fag ends around I guess.
10th Aug 2018, 10:15 AM #10
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
10th Aug 2018, 11:15 AM #11
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
The funniest thing about this thread title is how the owner keeps changing hands on the front page. See, I've bought it now.
10th Aug 2018, 12:13 PM #12
Travis

Registration date: 16th Feb 2015
CF gets bought By Tesla:

We're all millionaires for no apparent reason, even though the site now loses money every day. We start selling print versions of our comics that magically remove pollution from the atmosphere, but they are preorders only. the comics won't be available any time soon.
10th Aug 2018, 1:04 PM #13
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
CF gets bought by Enron...

Uh oh
11th Aug 2018, 11:28 AM #14
KAM

Registration date: 24th Sep 2013
Oh, what the hell?

Donald Trump buys Comic Fury.

Pages: [1]