Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Hey! I'm a french student in Animation!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Introductions > Hey! I'm a french student in Animation!
Pages: [1]

"Hey! I'm a french student in Animation!", 9th Aug 2018, 9:29 PM #1
hayashiart

Registration date: 9th Aug 2018
Hey guys nice to meet you!
I come from France and I was looking for a way to publish my manga "SEY" and I'm looking for your advices and opinion!
here's the link for my comic:http://sey.thecomicseries.com/

I study animation and art in France too :)
9th Aug 2018, 9:53 PM #2
Kyo
no longer a family man
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
welcome to the site! your art looks very good
9th Aug 2018, 10:00 PM #3
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Hey, welcome to the site! I like your avatar, the colours are really pretty. Hope your comic goes well!

Twitter --- Tumblr --- Deviantart
9th Aug 2018, 10:42 PM #4
SMAComix

Registration date: 6th Jan 2017
Bonjour! Bienvenue de Comic Fury.
10th Aug 2018, 5:04 PM #5
Stimson

Registration date: 29th Jul 2018
Welcome to the site! I've barely been here a week myself but you'll find it a very inviting community. I'm also a Los Angeles based filmmaker, so from one moviemaker to another, best of luck!

-SS
10th Aug 2018, 6:14 PM #6
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Nice to meet you and it's cool that you're from France. My parents are from Greece so I'm also European. Sort of lol. I grew up in Canada. I would really love to see France one day. More to the topic, I find it cool that you're actually in animation. What you done so far with animation?
10th Aug 2018, 6:16 PM #7
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
Hey! Welcome and good to have you!
10th Aug 2018, 7:25 PM #8
Matt Comics
Wiki Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
welcome to CF! you're definitely going to get advice and thoughts here, you just have to post in the forums.

good luck with your projects!
10th Aug 2018, 7:31 PM #9
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Welcome to comicfury!

For advice on publishing, do you mean having it printed and produced by a publisher? I don't know how many of us have advice on professional publishing, but we certainly have experience with publishing online :)

Your art is so beautiful, by the way
"Hi friend!!!", 10th Aug 2018, 7:48 PM #10
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
hayashiart:
I come from France and I was looking for a way to publish my manga "SEY" and I'm looking for your advices and opinion!
I study animation and art in France too :)

I can't give much advice except: don't give up! I hope you have a Awesome time!

UBERNATURA
(Sorry, I haven't programmed for a long time...)
10th Aug 2018, 7:55 PM #11
SpiraPhantom

Registration date: 26th Mar 2018
Hello there! Your artstyle is pretty impressive, I admit. A pleasure to meet a new person around here. I tried myself in animation and man is that hard, so I respect animators now even more than before.
Not big on publishing advice, but have an advertisement advice: if all fails, try word-of-mouth type advertisement.
11th Aug 2018, 2:52 PM #12
hayashiart

Registration date: 9th Aug 2018
Hey guys! Thanks a lot for your messages, this forum looks very cool I hope to spend more time here (right now I have a lot of stuff to do so I will not be very present this month)

I'm also a Los Angeles based filmmaker, so from one moviemaker to another, best of luck!

Haha that's super job!! What's sort of movies are you working on?

Hey, welcome to the site! I like your avatar, the colours are really pretty. Hope your comic goes well!

Thanks a lot! I'm very pround of this art :)

Nice to meet you and it's cool that you're from France. My parents are from Greece so I'm also European. Sort of lol. I grew up in Canada. I would really love to see France one day. More to the topic, I find it cool that you're actually in animation. What you done so far with animation?

hope to see you in France someday then :)
This is my first year in animation I've done stop-mo movie and some 2D animation exercises using TVPAINT or FLASH, I'm not very good yet haha.

For advice on publishing, do you mean having it printed and produced by a publisher? I don't know how many of us have advice on professional publishing, but we certainly have experience with publishing online :)

Your art is so beautiful, by the way

No i want to publish it online! Someday maybe I would like to publish my own manga on paper!

Hello there! Your artstyle is pretty impressive, I admit. A pleasure to meet a new person around here. I tried myself in animation and man is that hard, so I respect animators now even more than before.
Not big on publishing advice, but have an advertisement advice: if all fails, try word-of-mouth type advertisement.

Yeah I agree, this is super hard!!
11th Aug 2018, 4:03 PM #13
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
That’s so awesome that you’re studying animation! I wanna do that someday. You’re art is crazy detailed. Welcome to the site!
11th Aug 2018, 4:13 PM #14
Stimson

Registration date: 29th Jul 2018
Thanks for asking,

Im a director (hence my love of visual storytelling). Just completed a short educational kids film for NASA and am working on financing a feature holiday film for spring of next year.

-SS
11th Aug 2018, 4:20 PM #15
FennFeathers

Registration date: 9th Oct 2017
I'm studying animation here in the UK! Well, not quite yet, next month my course begins c:

Welcome to CF, and I like your art! Basic feedback, have a go or find someone to do your HTML for you - the default layouts do their job but they can be a little ugly as they are (i am so sorry kyo.) I'm no expert by any means, really at all, I'm a layman at best, but I can take a crack at it, if you perhaps threw some assets at me like a background, some images for buttons and whatnot, if you wanted c: though I am 100% certain there are others on this site far better at it than me! Just some food for thought.

Good luck on your comic, enjoy your time here, we don't bite often!
11th Aug 2018, 7:01 PM #16
Kei Esteban

Registration date: 11th Feb 2018
Hello, Welcome to the Site!
I think you'll like it, there's a great community here.

Your art is fantastic! (I just subscribed to your comic)

For Advice:
Try to update regularly every week. (If you can't it's cool, but it's good to try)
Also Be active in the forums & add a Banner Link to your "Signiture"
(It's above the "About Me" section in your Account Settings)

Good Luck & have Fun!
11th Aug 2018, 9:41 PM #17
KarToon12

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
Hello and bonjour to you too! Question: are they still called "French fries" or are they just "fries" over there? XD
13th Aug 2018, 6:57 PM #18
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Oh yeah, to mimic some of the advice given above
- Having a comic link in your signature is a nice easy way for people to find your work
- Keeping updates paced (People who post all their pages at once, even when their work is fantastic, end up going largely unnoticed, so like Kei said, updating at least once a week is a good standard)
- and like Fenn said, playing around with customizing your website a bit helps your comic to look and feel more official and professional. Think what kind of environment you want your comic to be read in. For example, horror comics might have dark themed websites to enhance the creepy vibe of their story. The coding can be confusing, but you might use simple layout editor (which is very limited and you can't go back from unless you want to redo your site from scratch, but it's less confusing than html), read up on it online
-To publish on paper, all I know, for now, is to make sure you keep the high resolution files of your work saved

It looks like you're already on a good track :D Good luck!
28th Aug 2018, 6:27 PM #19
YablokoAirPirate

Registration date: 28th Aug 2018
Bonjour!
7th Sep 2018, 12:44 AM #20
Dodom
iiIIEEEHHEEEIIMM eeeeaaauuu hhYYYAaaaa
Registration date: 6th Sep 2009
Bonjour!
Bienvenue, il commence à y avoir vraiment beaucoup de francophones par ici... alors quand tu veux, on se met ensemble et on prend le contrôle, hahaha!
Ta bande dessinée a l'air intéressante, j'y jette un coup d'oeil tout de suite!