Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - 2018 Halloween Crossover Exchange!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > 2018 Halloween Crossover Exchange!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [8]

"2018 Halloween Crossover Exchange!", 19th Aug 2018, 6:35 AM #1
Proxy170

Registration date: 3rd Nov 2013

RULES
1. As it is a crossover, the fan art must include at least one of your characters and one of your assigned comic’s characters. To ensure this, when you send me your fan art, tell me which characters are involved.
2. It must be Halloween themed! Trick or treating, scary movies, costumes…whatever you’d like!
3. Be respectful to your assigned comic!
4. Everything you draw must be SFW. You can enter a NSFW comic as long as you tell me, but the fan art must be SFW so when it’s posted, no one is offended.
5. If you are not ok with being paired with NSFW (or other specific type) material, tell me!
6. PM all completed art to me! Do NOT post it elsewhere.
7. Tell me what comics you've traded with before if you don't want to get them again!
8. Your submission will be due at 11pm, Sunday 21 Oct, Central Standard Time (USA). NO EXCEPTIONS! (You WILL be called out publicly!)

Now, for the fun special feature—instead of a cover page like we usually do, I would like to do a collab comic! I will take care of the script, frames, and backgrounds, but I need YOU to draw your characters in specific poses. Below is an example of what I’ll send you.

If you are interested in that, please sign up! I’d like to have your character appear at least a couple times, so please also sign up by saying the number of poses you’d be willing to draw (basically, how involved you’d be willing to be). Also, if you tell me WHICH character you’re doing to draw, I can make the story much more personalized! I must emphasize though that the comic will be a simple story, with simple poses, as this is the first time I’m doing something like this. The rules for the collab comic are as follows:

1. Submissions must be in a transparent or white background.
2. Submissions must be in the general pose I assign you. Sorry, but this would be too difficult to handle otherwise.

So if you’re interested in this whole thing, here’s what I need:

Sign ups end 31 Aug, with assignments out Sep 5. The extra time is for me to design the collab comic. Of course, I will always shoot for earlier! As mentioned before, assignments will be due 21 Oct, and the collab comic will begin to post starting prior to Halloween (standby for timing based on participation) and all fan art will be posted 31 October. The site for the exchange is linked in the banner below.
As always, I’ll make sure no one is left out, even if your assigned artist bailed! If I need back up artists, I’ll make the call for them later.

Bottom line:
Assignments by 5 Sep
Fan Art AND Collab Comic poses due 21 Oct (did I mention no exceptions??)
Collab comic will start posting 24 Oct (Twice a day, 0800 and 2000 CST)
Fan Art posted 31 Oct (Posted starting at 0900, every 5-15 min depending on multi-page fan art

If anything is unclear or I missed something, please let me know!

Fan arts completed: 38/38 Complete!
Collab comic participants complete: 27/27 Complete!
Collab comic pages complete: 13/15
19th Aug 2018, 6:38 AM #2
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
I'm in. Sign me up with Inferno and The Restless Dead. Flags are all welcome.
19th Aug 2018, 6:44 AM #3
Proxy170

Haha love the enthusiasm! Just so I don't accidentally leave you out, can you please confirm you are not interested in the collab comic "cover"?
19th Aug 2018, 6:53 AM #4
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017

Eeee~~~ This sounds exciting. Imma sign up with Beyond Bloom

I'm a tiiiny bit confused about the collab comic and how many panels we'll help with. Like...what is the recommended number you would like us to draw characters for? Is one per person easiest for you? I'll probably use any one of my main 3 characters, though deciding which one to use depends on the context, somewhat? :P (EDIT: Like, I have a scaredy-cat character if you need someone to get spooked, for example. And a mean character who would enjoy doing spooking.)

I wouldn't mind volunteering if you'd like help with anything else like back-ups, but perhaps it's too early for those.

Anyway, this sounds awesome!
19th Aug 2018, 7:01 AM #5
Proxy170

Great questions! For the collab comic, I'd recommend at least two poses, so I can at least get an interaction and reaction. Otherwise, it might just end up being a simple wave hello, and that's not as interesting. I will be able to handle any in-between frames where I just need the back of their head, or your character is small in the distance. A tentative idea in my head right now is a trick or treat scenario, as this is an easy way to see lots of characters and get some fun interactions.

EDIT: And for all participants, I plan to include at least a few easter eggs in the background (maybe one of my characters dressed up as yours, or a street with the name of your comic's town, etc.)

Merged Doublepost:

Second edit: To your question about choosing a character, that's totally up to you on how many you want to put in. As for which ones, if you tell me who I will read your comic to put them in a in-character scenario (for example, I won't make your Tatsuma timid and shy--probably put him up to some shenanigans instead). If you don't tell me which character you want to use, that's fine, but I might keep the scenario more generic to ensure it won't sequence weird with the other panels/characters.
19th Aug 2018, 7:17 AM #6
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Okie dokie. Will probably stick with a simple 2-3 pose/panel formula. You might end up having way too much reading material if you were to personalize everyone's entry, so unless otherwise desired, I'll hold off on specifying a character and pick one most appropriate for a situation. And can even do all 3 characters in a group with various reactions.
19th Aug 2018, 7:19 AM #7
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
1: Yes

2: Yes

3: I don't remember at this point

4: Sure, I'll participate in the collab! Let's put in Hugh, and I can do one or two poses.
19th Aug 2018, 8:10 AM #8
Cartoonist_at_Large

Registration date: 26th Jul 2016
Woo-ha! It's all on for Halloween, huh? Well, here are my answers:

1) Cosmos is signing on for the exchange!

2) Er, no NSFW stuff for me, please. G- and PG-rated is about my level.

3) Let's see: Curse Quest, Arkian, Cryptida, Super Galaxy Knights R, Subject M, Serpents of Old, XCP, Wyrecats, and I'm Not Your Friend!

4) This collab thing sounds interesting, and I'm all for interesting! I'll throw in Ax Maxwell as a character, just for a change, and I'll take one panel for the moment....
19th Aug 2018, 8:47 AM #9
The Letter M
Sounds interesting but I'll stay out of the collab comic this time. I'm stretched pretty thin.
19th Aug 2018, 9:18 AM #10
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
I'm signing up with The Strangest Coven, which is SFW, and I'm fine with NSFW material.

In the past year I have done exchanges with:
Autumn Bay
Death Child
Waste of Time
Synthetic Life
Pulse

I'd like to participate in the collab comic. I'm pretty flexible on the number of poses. As for characters, Ffion and Benji are the only two who haven't appeared on a cover image this year, so I'll offer up one or both of them (basically, I'm happy for you to pick depending on what works for the comic, but if you want me to pick one let me know)

I'll probably be able to do backup if needed, but as usual I'll confirm this once my assignment is in.
19th Aug 2018, 9:46 AM #11
Mothtrap
mouth blood
Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
1. yes sign me up with raining knives B)
2. Pls no S! everything else is fine
3. Nnnot sure who I've exchanged with, I don't remember
4. WHy not, let's go with Jerry and I will draw a maximum of hmmm 3 poses
19th Aug 2018, 9:58 AM #12
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
1. Yes.
2. I even prefer to pair wih NSFW comics, but it is not a must.
3. Last ones where Space Ronin, Kazas Mate and I'm not your friend.
4. Yes, Ariane Eldar and let's say about 5 poses.

References below.

Name: Ariane Eldar Gender: Female Age (visual): 21, about 5'3 tall, pointed ears
picture references :
19th Aug 2018, 10:43 AM #13
Jeremy7

Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I will participate!

But no nudity or sexual themes, please. I'd rather not be associated with anything that has an N or an S. Gore is okay.

My previous exchange was the back-to-school picture, so my last exchange was with Cryptida.

About the collab comic... Toby, 3 poses. Do you want full-body drawings or just what'll be in-frame?

Also how do you get the image URL without posting the picture elsewhere? Because I posted the images elsewhere for the back-to-school exchange. I didn't know any better. I'm sorry, Letter M.

(PS Sorry about all the edits)
19th Aug 2018, 11:12 AM #14
Proxy170

Jeremy7:Do you want full-body drawings or just what'll be in-frame?

Also how do you get the image URL without posting the picture elsewhere? Because I posted the images elsewhere for the back-to-school exchange. I didn't know any better. I'm sorry, Letter M.

Just what will be in frame, please! And the best way to upload the picture is to use the "manage extra images and files" option on ComicFury and upload it there, then copy paste the URL and send me a PM :) So when I say don't post it elsewhere, I just mean don't post it publicly. Private file sharing/hosting is fine. Let me know if you aren't familiar and need a step by step!
19th Aug 2018, 11:56 AM #15
The Letter M
Really interested to see how this new collab story strip comes out. I hope it's spooky.

Jeremy7:Sorry Letter M

As Proxy said it doesn't really matter if you post on an external image hosting site. (although comic fury's extra images are more convenient) what matters is that you don't post it publicly on the forms or in your comic, so that your victim partner doesn't see it.
19th Aug 2018, 12:26 PM #16
Alicia the Bard

Registration date: 5th Aug 2013
Count me in with Messenger!

It has a V! tag.

Please no S! or N! tags.

Cross Overs I've done before are:
D.D.S.R.
The Strangest Coven
Sad Rat
When Taken
The Back O' Beyond
Cryptida
The Tale of a Disappointing Land Shark

No collab for me please.
Story Completed!
19th Aug 2018, 12:36 PM #17
Jeremy7

Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
The Letter M:Really interested to see how this new collab story strip comes out. I hope it's spooky.

As Proxy said it doesn't really matter if you post on an external image hosting site. (although comic fury's extra images are more convenient) what matters is that you don't post it publicly on the forms or in your comic, so that your victim partner doesn't see it.

I actually DID want to make it seem like my partner REALLY got the raw end of the deal, but too much self-deprecation and people think you're self-loathing. And too many apologies and it gets annoying.
19th Aug 2018, 12:42 PM #18
Alicia

Registration date: 4th Aug 2009
Aw, yay! This sounds super cool! Halloween is my favorite time of year! Sign me up with Silver!

Participating in the exchange? YES!

Ok with NSFW material? Eh, I can do that, but then I can't really read the comic when my kids are around, which cuts down on my work time.

What comics have you exchanged with before? Does it matter at this point? >_>

Participating in collab comic? Yes, with my character named Jeriah and I can draw up to 3 poses.

I'm so excited! Thanks for putting this together, Proxy!
19th Aug 2018, 1:12 PM #19
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Sup, signing up with two this time, The Back o' Beyond (V!) (L!) and Silk and Sword. (V!) Don't mind NSFW, and don't mind getting a comic I've had before (I've done a lot of exchanges.) Don't think I can do the intro thing, but it sounds like a great idea.

Twitter --- Tumblr --- Deviantart
19th Aug 2018, 1:19 PM #20
BluRaven C. Houvener

Registration date: 11th Jun 2014
Aw yeah, Halloween is my favorite Holiday so i'll definitely jump on this! I'll throw 'It's Just another day' into the ring. While I utilize all of the tags, the comic is actually very minimal with such things, for the most part having suggestive themes as opposed to full on nudity or violence. I am open to any tags.
With Jake being the character I'm using that opens the story up for anything, It's Just another day is a slice of life comic but Jake is no stranger to odd things!

I have recently drawn for:
We Are The WyreCats
Kaza's Mate Gwenna
The Seventh Re:Set
Poharex
The Adventures of Buckeye and Turbo
Cuttlefish
The Lemon Squad