Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The IRL flame war

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > The IRL flame war
Pages: [1]

"The IRL flame war", 12th Sep 2018, 10:03 AM #1
Rulerbrain
of measured intelligence
Registration date: 9th Jun 2015
You know this whole 'thing' that's been going on mostly in the US for the past few years? Y'know, the sjws vs anti sjws, left vs right, pc vs anti pc, alt right vs alt left, "nazis" vs "communists", etc.

So yeah, anyone wanna place bets on when and how its gonna end? If it ever does?
12th Sep 2018, 10:34 AM #2
Jade Joules
remagicalized
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere between here and there, but definitely not where I should be
I'd like to put $50 on "in flames" as my how, and another $20 on "when the dam breaks" as my when.
12th Sep 2018, 11:21 AM #3
Rulerbrain
of measured intelligence
Ehh, stuff like this rarely ever get that epic of a finale. My moneys on "anticlimactic burn out".
12th Sep 2018, 11:26 AM #4
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Ooh, I dunno. If he gets 4 more years they'll loose their fucking minds. The political divide is gone too deep. It could take decades to mend.
12th Sep 2018, 11:38 AM #5
Darksh1ne

Registration date: 7th Nov 2015
I have a prediction. It will never end.
12th Sep 2018, 12:18 PM #6
Rulerbrain
of measured intelligence
I have a prediction. It will never end.

Oh god, it'd be heaven and hell. An eternity of fighting over how many genders there are and an eternity of memes on how many genders there are

I don't know if I should be getting a stiffy or a stiff fucking drink
12th Sep 2018, 12:43 PM #7
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I stand by the saying "there are no winners in war". Hate and conflict is an ugly thing and it's poisonous for your soul in a way that makes you feel constantly miserable. Sometimes, I think some people were more mature as children when being different was not an invitation to attack or be attacked, but instead made you interested in someone. That and as long as they were fun to be around and were nice, what else mattered?

I think the only true possible victor is the one who ceases fighting and realises it's not worth it.
12th Sep 2018, 2:15 PM #8
Lord_Wunderfrog
formerly Aran_Froggatt
Registration date: 18th Apr 2016
I think the only true possible victor is the one who ceases fighting and realises it's not worth it.

I know lots of Victors. You're telling me there can only possibly be one?
Is there gonna be a war with everyone named Victor? I think the other groups RulerBrain mentioned kinda outweigh all of them put together.

My money is on Victor Wooten

12th Sep 2018, 2:31 PM #9
Rulerbrain
of measured intelligence
Lord_Wunderfrog:My money is on Victor Wooten

ah shit you're right

I wonder if its too late to change bets
12th Sep 2018, 2:31 PM #10
mr.Trouble
is a scourge on the kids
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
My bet is that actual flames will win. Literally just a big forest fire
12th Sep 2018, 2:39 PM #11
Matt Comics
Wiki Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
eh, Darksh1ne is right. this sort of conflict will never end, at least not without external intervention. (aliens accidentally disintegrating one or several factions, that kind of stuff) humans love wasting their time.

thankfully, there are people who aren't caught in flame wars. for example, I can't stand SJW stuff, but I never started a witch hunt. and I'm sure "quiet" SJWs also exist.

staying out of the big flame war is the quietest path, and it doesn't mean you can't have opinions. (just don't be insufferable about them. this is how many fights start!)
12th Sep 2018, 7:13 PM #12
Jessie Blue

Registration date: 9th Feb 2015
mr.Trouble:My bet is that actual flames will win. Literally just a big forest fire

Considering how much of the US and Canada is currently on fire, I'd give Fire the 8/10 odds.
12th Sep 2018, 9:10 PM #13
JuicyGrey
✖✖✖
Registration date: 25th Jul 2015
MK_Wizard:I think the only true possible victor is the one who ceases fighting and realises it's not worth it.

Won't work out, because they have already been killed to extinction. What's why people fight, because only ones to left are those who fights. Natural selection can be quite bitch sometimes.

In other words fighting never stops, until nothing is left to fighting for, including your own life.

So, it comes down to for that are you fighting for. Something stupid like which is better color blue or red, or something important like people's rights for their own body.

And really, there's no difference are you fighting for yourself or fighting for others. Only is it something stupid or something important...

... Albeit flame wars most likely are something stupid, so not worthing my time...
12th Sep 2018, 10:13 PM #14
KarToon12

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
I predict the future will turn out like Stephen King's "The Stand."
12th Sep 2018, 11:55 PM #15
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
This is the most likely timeline KarToon.

I - R - L - flamewar, that spells moon.
13th Sep 2018, 6:00 AM #16
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
My guess is over the next generation, both will continue to polarize further. The left will continue to gain grounding as the mainstream standard, but the right will dig in their heals and push back harder with both sides splintering larger extremist groups. /: Sadly, I don't see it ending until blood is shed, whether from civil war or war at a much larger scale which renders people to get over their differences to focus on survival. ... but the pendulum may be swinging the other direction, now. Who knows.
13th Sep 2018, 6:19 AM #17
Sikyanakotik
really tolerated
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
Hatred cannot stop hatred. Only love can do that.
14th Sep 2018, 1:35 PM #18
ShadowLillium

Registration date: 4th Apr 2014
Either a civil war starts out and one of the extremists sides win, or the other side eventually loses backing/support due to new laws and regulations, and peeters down to rise up again at a later date many years later-cycles of life
14th Sep 2018, 2:13 PM #19
SMAComix

Registration date: 6th Jan 2017
Until they find better use for their time and stop listening to "newscaster interview politics" shows. The 2020s will get worse or it peters out. Either that or some neo-maccarthyesque witch hunts. When the world ends is when they stop.

I'm kind of tired of these discourse people entering into my spaces.