Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Chapter folders?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Pages: [1]

"Chapter folders?", 10 days ago, 12:41 PM #1
Matt Comics
Wiki Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
I could swear there was an old thread about that, but things have a habit of disappearing when I need them.

My archive page is becoming quite long, and it'll only get longer (obviously!) so... does anyone know how to turn chapters into clickable folders?

I'm focusing on a variation of this, though. Instead of having every chapter as its own folder, I'd like to have a folder for every year, and each year got several chapters. So I guess my other question is, how do I put several consecutive chapters into one folder?
8 days ago, 2:49 PM #2
coldreave

Registration date: 7th Sep 2016
If you just want to break down each chapter into a separate archive page, that should be relatively straightforward. There's CF variables that allow the archive page to display either an overall archive or a particular chapter (accessed via a different link, like http://yourcomic.thecomicseries.com/archive/98765 )

So you should be able to have mutually-exclusive blocks of code on your archive page, along the lines of:
[c:ischapterarchive]
... display links to pages in chapter ...
[/]

[c:!ischapterarchive]
... display links to individual chapter archives ...
[/]

From memory, I think this conditional structure may already be in the default archive page, depending which layout you're using.

As for dividing your archive per-year: I think you could do something similar, but without the convenient variables you'd have to do more of the heavy lifting yourself, maybe using javascript and get-variables for context? Or maybe there's an easier way and I'm just overthinking it.

Either way: Good luck!
4 days ago, 2:27 PM #3
Matt Comics
Wiki Wacko
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
late reply 'cause I was working on unrelated parts of the site XD

I think I figured out the folder part though. (spoiler-like buttons, basically) now I just have to actually implement it and then turn the archive into several year-chunks. thanks for your suggestion! I'll try to experiment with that stuff.