Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Forged In Fury!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Forged In Fury!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [15]

30th Sep 2018, 10:42 PM #21
Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
plasteria:Was this what I was suppose to do?

"Uh… Thanks? Psycho…"

30th Sep 2018, 10:45 PM #22
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Ah, brilliance! Dulgar approves of the bonus weapons. I've been sending and receiving PMs we've got 2 more clients for the future and a number of people who want to be smiths next round.

Merged Doublepost:

1st Oct 2018, 8:14 AM #23
Jade Joules
Shoots to kill
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere between here and there, but definitely not where I should be
Fear not, Jehan! I have made you a blade worthy of your master skills. Nay, I have made you two! BEHOLD!

Their names are Vash and Khyberion, and they are some of the finest blades I have crafted. Designed for defensive tactics, this parrying dagger and rapier have many features you may find interesting. Firstly, you will notice that both hilts have additional quillons, forked forward so as to catch any blade that might come swinging your way. However, the thickness and strength of these fine worked steel blades can also withstand the force of a mighty pierce, should it come to such sorrow. The guards and pommels are crafted out of refined Darkkhys ore, an extremely lightweight metal that almost appears to emanate darkness itself. In addition, Vash also showcases a gorgeous dark opalite that I found behind my workbench as I was cleaning it. It appears to have some sort of magical force to it, but to what end I do not know.

I hope that these blades are to your satisfaction, and please, tell your friends. I could always use more customers!
1st Oct 2018, 8:27 AM #24
The Letter M
Wow. Raising the bar
1st Oct 2018, 8:29 AM #25
Jade Joules
Shoots to kill
Location: Somewhere between here and there, but definitely not where I should be
Weapons are the one thing I can make really well with a mouse and keyboard.

And no, everyone else's stuff is great too. I spent a solid 2 days on these though. Y'all just knocked 'em out like badasses.

(I've also been practicing 3D model texture work so there's that as well)
1st Oct 2018, 8:38 AM #26
The Letter M
This is why I started this thread, to learn new techneques. Looking at your blades I can see stuff you've done with texture and lighting that really makes them look more real.
1st Oct 2018, 8:40 AM #27
Jade Joules
Shoots to kill
If you have gimp I'd be more than willing to send you the XCF for my work flow. Just send me a message.
1st Oct 2018, 3:15 PM #28
Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
The Letter M:image

This. Is. Brilliant.

And it's funny how everyone else is all beige, orange, and brown, and Rose is there like "Forget you guys! I'm purple!"

Jade Joules:Weapons are the one thing I can make really well with a mouse and keyboard.

And no, everyone else's stuff is great too. I spent a solid 2 days on these though. Y'all just knocked 'em out like badasses.

I, uh … I just used a pencil. I threw down some fill layers in Krita for the colour, but I kept it quick and dirty. This is supposed to be concept art, after all.

That said, those look great.
2nd Oct 2018, 2:17 AM #29
The Letter M

Ahh. How satisfying it is to see wonderful pieces coming in and even extra gifts. DULGAR has his place on the mantel piece picked out for the trophy.
2nd Oct 2018, 11:24 AM #30
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Hehehe these are all so great. Do let me know when you'd like Jehan to make his responses. :D A word of warning though, he was rather unimpressed by some of the remarks and assumptions made about him!

Twitter
2nd Oct 2018, 11:26 AM #31
The Letter M
Oh dear. Probably on Dulgar's part. He's known to speak without thinking. We've got Cooke's contribution to come before we ask Jehan to judge.
2nd Oct 2018, 12:09 PM #32
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
That sketch of Dulgar relaxing by the fire is so envious right now considering how cold it is, but he deserves the R&R.
2nd Oct 2018, 12:31 PM #33
The Letter M
Ha ha. That's how I'd like to be, with a huge chalice of mulled wine.

It's starting to warm up here though. I bought a fan today so we don't need to put the aircon on in the mornings.
2nd Oct 2018, 12:43 PM #34
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I love wine in general. For me, the redder the better. My favourites are rose and anything that compliments a steak. There's just something romantic about red wine for me. Perhaps Dulgar has a romantic side as well.
2nd Oct 2018, 12:53 PM #35
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Lucky to get this up at all. Internet is sloooow today.

A standard size, curved knife.

Forged in your standard steel. Full tang, lightweight, perfectly balanced and strong. Will hold its edge for longer thanks to the tempering process. The blade has been patterned and darkened so as to reflect less light. Perfect for your night time proclivities. The pommel has been shaped to act as a window lever to make breaking and entering much easier.

The handle has been wrapped in darkened red leather as has the sheath. The sheath also has a quick release belt loop in case you want to use the full knife for more leverage when prying open windows.
2nd Oct 2018, 12:59 PM #36
The Letter M
GREAT WORK

The blades are all ready for inspection. Fine weapons all, any one of them a treasure in its own right, but which will he pick?

We call on the client now to give us his thoughts and nominate the best!

Jehan, what say you?

It's also nearly midnight here so don't expect to hear from Dulgar for a good nine hours.
2nd Oct 2018, 7:36 PM #37
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Dulgar-

"Elf... Leaves-? Wow.

Look, I might look different to you, but I'm human. Our appearance is a long story, and to be honest I don't feel like explaining the complete history of my race right now.

On to the sword, then.

I have to say, it's... Impressive. I've never seen anything like it, and the craftsmanship is incredible. Until now, I've only ever seen bronze swords, but I have heard some elite smiths can work with iron. Can iron be green? It might stand out in the dark. Look, it's pretty, but I'm not sure this is really my style."

Rose-

"Ah, Rose gets it. Once again, this weapon is like nothing I've ever seen. It's small and subtle though, I like that. Honestly, I don't need anything fancy. Just something that could help me out of an inconvenient situation, and I feel like this one would do the job.

I'll admit to being a little alarmed by this talk of enchantments and fire, though. What's a mana signiture? Are you a sorceress? Silly question I suppose, you must surely be a magical being. I thought they were all extinct."

plasteria:For the sneaky Fairy the elf---

"Yours isn't bad, but it's not the winner because screw you."

Jade Joules-

"Er... I think you might be overestimating my fighting prowess a bit. Nevertheless, these are some very high quality weapons.

Like with Dulgar's sword come to think of it, I feel like the gemstone is a bit unneccessary. Why hold on to something like that when I could use the money for food instead? I'm sure you understand. Anyway, before I go off topic, I appreciate the great deal of thought and care that went into these. The lightness of them and ability to avoid or deflect blows is definitely a plus, though I'm not usually one to stand and fight if I can avoid it.

I'll be sure to tell Knives about your business. He can't afford anything, but his immense obsession with quality weapons might be able to give you a confidence boost or something."

Cooke-
"Yes, I like this. Small and light is good; I need to avoid becoming too weighed down. This seems like a practical knife. I don't really have much more to add here, but once again I can tell a lot of thought went into this. I feel like having something like this around could be very helpful indeed..."

"Time to choose a winner? Hmm. This was a very difficult decision, make no mistake about that. But I think ultimately, I'd have to go with Rose's weapon, despite my caution at the mention of enchantments. To be honest, I think her nonchalance about such things has put me at ease. Anyway, it's simple, reliable and not too flashy. Seems pretty ideal to me, and I'm sure a small secret compartment could come in handy.

Now, if these weapons were made just for this contest, I assume you won't be needing them anymore. I'll just borrow them for a while.

Twitter
2nd Oct 2018, 10:44 PM #38
The Letter M
Well done Rose. Fine craftsmanship. Obviously intuiting the customers needs won out over fancy excess this time. You are truely the master smith.

image if you wish, this trophy could find a place in your banner or profile page, otherwise we can just leave it here.

As for THE NEXT ROUND

Perhaps juicy and MK want to get in on this one?
3rd Oct 2018, 12:27 AM #39
Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
"He liked my design? He liked my design! YES!! Okay, now to make that thing for real …

"Huh? N-no we use pewter for the prototypes. The forgemaster doesn't want us wasting good steel on something that won't even be sold. They aren't even sharp!"

JammyTheBirb:"Ah, Rose gets it. Once again, this weapon is like nothing I've ever seen. It's small and subtle though, I like that. Honestly, I don't need anything fancy. Just something that could help me out of an inconvenient situation, and I feel like this one would do the job.

I'll admit to being a little alarmed by this talk of enchantments and fire, though. What's a mana signiture? Are you a sorceress? Silly question I suppose, you must surely be a magical being. I thought they were all extinct."

"'Sorceress'? Wow, that's an old-fashioned word for it. But yeah, I'm a witch. Everyone I know has mancy, so I never thought of it as something special, but I guess there aren't that many of us in my world either. And outside of you and my forge-buddies, I've never really met a human. Except for Jerkface across the hall, but I think he's some kind of crazy loner or something.

"Anyway, this was fun. And the Bells4Gold place at the mall let me cash out those coins you gave me, so I'm up for another round."

3rd Oct 2018, 1:05 AM #40
scribbloid

Registration date: 1st Oct 2018
while I have Nothing to contribute, I just wanted to say I like the Dulgar illustrations. He is cool, is there more stuff with him to read or see?