Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Looking for help with comic's home page

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Layouts, HTML, CSS & Javascript > Looking for help with comic's home page
Pages: [1]

"Looking for help with comic's home page", 9th Oct 2018, 4:28 PM #1
Lackinganame

Registration date: 21st Nov 2012
Hello I had some question about my making extra pages that I was wondering if I could get some help with.Gratz home page

First I would like add a image under the buttons and character picture, Or rather a image every where that is white on the home page.

Next I would like to add a "latest" button that could be clicked on from the home page that would take you to the last page. The button would sit under the "Spirit of adventure" button. I know there is already a button that does that up on the nav menu I would just like a bigger version of that for new comers to the page.

I will likely have more questions down the line but these are just the two biggest ones I have right now.

Thank you.
9th Oct 2018, 8:15 PM #2
Jessie Blue
rivaling gator
Registration date: 9th Feb 2015
When you say you want an image everywhere there is white do you mean like a background image? For that you need a tiny bit of html ability (but really if you can cut and paste you are half there). Just load what image you want for the background under your "extra images", and copy the address for that. Then go to 'website management' and 'edit html'and you will need to insert it into the page html under 'archive' (there are seperate pages for your main pages so if you want a background on the whole thing you need to use "overall" but if you want it just on the archive or landing page be sure you are only editing that part.

Under the CSS part one of the first things you see is this (example with my background image code)
html, body {
margin: 0px
padding: 0px;
background: url("http://weirdshorts.webcomic.ws/files/ws_wallpaper_softest.png");
font-family: arial;
color: #292929;
text-align: center;
}

Where it says background: put 'url', an open parenthesis, paste in your address that you copied of your extra image background, and a close parenthesis.
10th Oct 2018, 2:26 AM #3
Lackinganame

Registration date: 21st Nov 2012
Ok thank you.