Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Introducing: ComicFury Patreon!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > News & Announcements > Introducing: ComicFury Patreon!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

5th Nov 2018, 7:28 PM #41
Sample_Text
Yep.
Registration date: 19th May 2016
i have contributed a single dollar out of my $0 of income, im negging because of you Kyo, feel bad. >: ^D
5th Nov 2018, 8:25 PM #42
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
i'm honored to be the one to drive you to financial ruin
5th Nov 2018, 8:33 PM #43
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
Trav ruined by Kyo's expensive scientific research... now we know what the next anthology doodle may be about.
8th Nov 2018, 3:25 AM #44
Caley Tibbittz Collopy
Sword dude
Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
Doing my part to help prop up this gator'd community, one big fat ugly American dollar at a time.
8th Nov 2018, 11:16 AM #45
TheVoidchildProject

Registration date: 4th Feb 2016
Comic fury has been good to me, I’m gonna support as soon as I can figure out how to get the patreon stuff working.

I’ve thought about this before, but don’t know how doable it is for you guys because obviously running a site like CF is enough work. But CF has some powerful tools for customising your comic site. But I don’t have the knowledge of html and css that seems necessary to make anything more than the most standard stuff. I work full-time+ and have limited time to learn enough not to break the site (which is what happened last time I tried). I barely have time to work on the comic itself sometimes.

If you had a tier or service or whatever where a guy like me, who’s got funds but not time, could get more direct help with how to set up my own comic mirror how I want it I’d def be willing to consider that. But like I said, I don’t know how doable that is. Time and resources is not just a struggle for me I realise.

I’m gonna support you guys either way. Didn’t mean to go too off-topic but the above at least slightly relates to the OP. ^_^

Now reading: Kordinar 25000
8th Nov 2018, 12:37 PM #46
Kyo
🐊
I don't think i really want to do that, but if you make a thread in the layout forum with some mock ups of what you want, you might be able to squeeze some free help out of me
8th Nov 2018, 1:51 PM #47
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
also, i believe there are users around the site who would be willing to do html work for pay, should you offer it, likely via a thread in co-authors offered/wanted. (should we rename that forum to just "help wanted"? that is basically its function these days)
8th Nov 2018, 1:52 PM #48
TheVoidchildProject

Registration date: 4th Feb 2016
That’s understandable (coming from the guy who’s got problems doing it in the first place). I’d rather not impose it (hence the service suggestion) but I’ll consider opening a thread in the first place to see what I can get from that. I gotta figure out more layout specifics before I do that though. Thanks though and I’ll /end the tangent with that. :)

EDIT:

@Text - Thanks, I’ll look into that as well. Didn’t know you could use that forum for things like that. :)

Now reading: Kordinar 25000
8th Nov 2018, 4:09 PM #49
Kyo
🐊
honestly if you're looking for someone to pay for making a layout, I would probably still put that in the layout help section, at least that's what people usually do
12th Nov 2018, 5:20 AM #50
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
Okay but where's the $10,000 tier that guarantees me a cameo in the movie

Nah but seriously I'm gonna check through my finances and see about pitching to the Patreon whenever I can!
12th Nov 2018, 7:09 AM #51
Lutztoons
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
If you pledge $100,000, Kyo will mail you an autographed photograph of his Minecraft chickens and put your picture in a flashing marquee in the CF Hall of Fame.
17th Nov 2018, 9:11 PM #52
Kyo
🐊
So uh, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get everyone their star power credits. For one thing, there doesn't seem to be an option to let people just enter a bit of information (specifically their CF username), for some people it's kind of obvious because it's the same, but I also don't wanna mess this up.

Anyone who has some experience with patreon, is there a better option than just messaging everyone and asking them for their username? It looks like I can add notes to people, so I'd be able to store them there at least. I mean, it's not a big deal, it's just sort of messy.
17th Nov 2018, 9:44 PM #53
J-son

Registration date: 8th Nov 2017
Kyo: Anyone who has some experience with patreon, is there a better option than just messaging everyone and asking them for their username?

Have the patrons message you their username. Maybe put "message me your name" somewhere in the tier. That's pretty much how one youtuber I supported in the past did his thing.

Lutztoons:If you pledge $100,000, Kyo will mail you an autographed photograph of his Minecraft chickens and put your picture in a flashing marquee in the CF Hall of Fame.

Motherfucker, If I pledge $100k I'd better be getting a tuft of Kyo's pubic hair in a plastic baggie!
18th Nov 2018, 9:33 AM #54
Lutztoons
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
For $200,000, Kyo will come down your chimney on Christmas Eve and give you a live alligator.
19th Nov 2018, 11:49 PM
LeRenardRoux
Scrabble Loser 🦊
Registration date: 27th Jul 2013
Location: at the bottom of a stair whose top is invisible with light
Who's cool? Roux's cool. You only wish you had this kind of STAR POWERRRR

(I'm not supposed to say this but StarPower credits are a limited resource and as Kyo distributes them they'll only become rarer and more valuable against their knockoff, Bitcoins. Don't you wish you'd bought gold bullion before Y2K? This is basically the same thing.)
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
20th Nov 2018, 1:53 AM #56
Kyo
🐊
the thought of how tasty that five dollar bill is gonna be is surely going to get me through eating all those beans
20th Nov 2018, 5:53 AM
Emporerfurby

Registration date: 29th Jun 2018
HAHA! Behold the Power of rainbow! Now where is that darn leprechaun and his pot of gold?
20th Nov 2018, 8:36 AM #58
Kyo
🐊
i may or may not just be saying this because it directly correlates to me getting money, but it's good to finally see some colorful banners on the forums again
21st Nov 2018, 1:28 AM
Nama
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
Registration date: 15th Nov 2012
Remember kids, save up your points enough and you can be a sellout

My trash twitter
-----------------ComicFury's-----------------
Wiki - Notice Board - FAQ - Forum Rules
21st Nov 2018, 8:09 PM #60
CACKLE.N.COMICS

Registration date: 13th Apr 2014
Oh man! I just pledged! As well as should everyone!!! Come on people! Comicfury is awesome!

Oh yeah and please, can I save up my Star Power banners for a rainy day?

thanks in advance