Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Guest pages for Erwin The Quantumcat

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Co-Authors offered/wanted > Guest pages for Erwin The Quantumcat
Pages: [1]

"Guest pages for Erwin The Quantumcat", 30th Oct 2018, 1:28 PM #1
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
I recently I started a spinoff from one of Microraptor's characters. I will do some more pages and update now and then, but I can't keep up a regular webcomic beside my maincomic TOBT. So there is plenty of room for guest pages. Might be SFW or NSFW (just renember it is meant to depict a children's show, NSFW would be rather in a metaplot), but they should stick to the basic concept (a children's science themed television show) and the original cast. I worked out a cast list, Microraptor added several characters to it, and if you like to do a guestpage (or several ones), I can send it to you. (Microraptor has a copy of it, too.)
The comic is here.
6th Dec 2018, 3:46 PM #2
Stilldown

The first guest comic is up; I'll appreciate more!
Microraptor
18th Dec 2018, 1:47 AM #3
NeilKapit

Registration date: 9th Feb 2014
I'm game, what sort of things might you want me to do?
18th Dec 2018, 9:04 AM #4
Stilldown

I'll send you the background information, and you are quite free to do with it what you like. For rough orientation, it is a television show with scientific theme (mainly physics and math), but additional ideas are welcome, even some behind the scene elements (Ariane and actors preparing for the show, etc) would be okay. And it is a show concept from the late seventies, so it is less restricted then later shows.
24th Dec 2018, 11:51 PM #5
Stilldown

Just in case anone doesn't want to draw it, you can cosplay a photocomic, too. By coincidence I found this Erwin costume on amazon today, and here are costume, wig and ears for Kitty Ariane.
31st Dec 2018, 11:09 PM #6
scribbloid

Registration date: 1st Oct 2018
I would like to draw a guest page if you agree.
My english isn`t that good though and I would rather just draw a page you have written a script for than to come up with something myself.
I don`t know if that would even interest you, but just send me a script for a quest page if you are interested, I certainly am.

Edit: Though I noticed while reading your Comics that my drawing skills are much worse than yours; especially when it comes to Consistency.
I might draw an acurrate Looking Person or a correctly drawn house with correct perspective, but it takes me much preparation.

I don`t know how much of the Problem this is for you :)
1st Jan 2019, 1:30 PM #7
Stilldown

First it is no problem if the art isn't perfect. It is a fun thing, and I love fanart and guest art as it comes.
If you think you're english isn't good, no problem, because I feel very much the same, as I ain't a native speaker either.

I haven't a script ready right now, but I will share the background information about the comic and maybe it will help enough for a guest page.

Merged Doublepost:

Background info Erwin the Quantumcat: Television show

- The show takes place around 1978 to 1982, so things should be somehow period (no smartphones, etc.)
- The show is rather open in usage of formats and styles. There are actors disguised as humans, but also puppets of all kind, mabe simple cartoon animations inbetween. There can be comedy, education and songs, but the general theme is science, mostly physic in Erwin's case.

Characters:
Erwin the Quantumcat. (originally created by Microraptor). Erwin is a physicist of great knowledge and intelligence. He's friendly and rather patient, although he can be a bit arrogant, especially to people who are of little intelligence in his opinion (like Kitty or Pawlow). He is sometimes a bit short tempered with Kity, his assistant.

Kitty Ariane. (usually just called Kitty) The producer added the character to the show because he thought a dumb, but cute and sexy catgirl would create more sympathy then the "egghead" Erwin. The producer hired Ariane Eldar after he saw her in her cat costume during a stage show. Ariane hates the Quantumcat show and her role in it, but she couldn't afford to reject the offer. To make it worse, the producer's wife complained about Ariane's accent so her text was cut and she is only allowed to make cat noises. She may also imitate sounds if necessary, like "Meow! Boom!" if she thinks something will explode, etc.

Pawlow the Policedog. He's bot a reference to the scientiest Ivan Pawlow and to the character Officer Bull Pupp in the "Krazy Kat" comic ( a milestone in comic history.) Pawlow isn't he really stupid, just simple minded. He has a huge crush on Kitty Ariane but he will never say or admit it, but he tries to protect her from Erwin's experiments, whom he distrusts as "mad scientiest". To be fair, Pawlow isn't a mean or very violent person, he really believes in what he does and tries to do his job as good as he can, and he wont be bribed or corrupted.

Dr. Hoimar. The bearded mouse is a brilliant scientiest and a idealist, who believes in pacifism and enviromentalism. He fights again superstition, fanatism and overpopulation. He's befriended with Erwin and sometimes visits the show for a guest lecture. Kitty likes to play tricks on him then, but he never takes offence at her pranks. (Erwin does, and she wouldn't dare to play any tricks on him.)

Some more information by Microraptor about even more characters:

Clerk the Demon. (originally created by Microraptor) Named after James Clerk Maxwell (and thus literally being "Maxwell's demon"), he is a mischievous trickster who likes to torment the denizens of the town with paradoxical physics scenarios.
Unfortunately, he was just too scary for many kids watching the show. For this reason, they eventually retired this character, and episodes heavily featuring him rarely get shown in reruns anymore.
He sometimes sings "Maxwells Little Silverhammer" (Beatles).

Werner the Rabbit. (originally created by Microraptor) Werner (named after Werner Heisenberg) is the fastest rabbit in town! He is obsessed with meticulously cataloguing his speed with his digital watch while running. (His watch is a 1976 Commodore Led Time Palo Alto with a mod leatherstrap. )
But whenever he is busy with checking out how fast exactly he is running right now, he fails to pay attention to where he is running. This results in him getting outright lost pretty often...
(A possible Alice in Wonderland reference.)

Albert the Rabbit. (originally created by Microraptor) Albert (named after Albert Einstein) is Werner's twin brother! He is physically much younger than Werner though.
The reason for this: That one time in their youth, Albert wanted to set a new speed record. And he indeed succeeded, running almost as fast as light itself! The downside was that he was busy with this mega-run for years. And when he finally stopped, only a few days have passed from his own perspective...
11th Jan 2019, 7:16 PM #8
Stilldown

A rough idea for a plot. Anyone who likes can use it or make up a better story.

13th Jan 2019, 10:09 PM #9
scribbloid

Registration date: 1st Oct 2018
Thus Sounds very clever und interesting.
I Plan on creating a comic based on your Last Post after i have finished the blind Date Crossover Comic.
Though only If You want me to since it will take sometime until i can start this Project.
If this Story is already finished when i have time to Take on a new project I could Draw a different Story as Well.
14th Jan 2019, 7:57 AM #10
Stilldown

Everything in this thread is free to use, so go ahead as you like and can. It wouldn't be a problem either if two people would make a comic about the same idea by chance. If you have any more ideas, I would enjoy to see them.