Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Signup Thread - ComicFury’s Big Christmas Show Exchange 2018

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Signup Thread - ComicFury’s Big Christmas Show Exchange 2018
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

"Signup Thread - ComicFury’s Big Christmas Show Exchange 2018", 3rd Nov 2018, 2:55 PM #1
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
Heya everyone! This year JammyTheBirb and I will be co-hosting the Christmas Crossover Exchange! This year, rather than a standard Christmas Exchange, we will be doing a follow-up to the 2015 Christmas Exchange, and will be putting on a Christmas Show!

The Basics
If you decide to take part, you will be assigned a comic to read, and will be asked to draw a piece of crossover fanart that features characters from both your assigned comic and your own comic. You will also receive a crossover fanart in return!

The theme is ‘Christmas Show’ but feel free to interpret this how you like. The characters could be putting on/rehearsing a play/musical/pantomime, playing instruments/singing, doing a puppet show, or other types of performance. While it can be Christmas or Holiday themed, it doesn’t have to be. Have fun with it!

The Rules
1) This is a Crossover Exchange, so your piece should include at least one character from your own comic, and at least one character from the assigned comic (so at least 2 characters).
2) There are no set rules on length – you could do a single piece, a comic page, a multi-page story, whatever you are inspired to do. Just be sure to keep to the theme, put thought and effort into your piece, and to be respectful to the comic you are assigned.
3) While you can sign up with a NSFW comic, the submitted pieces should be SFW.
4) Assignments will be sent out by 12 November, and will be due 18 December, 9PM (GMT) Please make sure you have the time to submit your piece (see Serious Stuff below).
5) PM completed pieces to me, so they are not seen before the Exchange goes live.
6) Again, have fun!

Collab Comic – Opening Act: A ComicFury Christmas Carol
As a fun extra, Jammy will be organising a collaborative intro comic, featuring various ComicFury characters performing/attempting to perform A Christmas Carol. If you would like to take part, you will be asked to draw one of your characters in a series of poses, which will be combined into a collab comic. If you’re not sure what this would look like, Proxy recently made one for the Halloween Exchange.

If you wish to enter the collab comic as well as the main exchange, please note when you sign up which character you wish to include, and how many poses you are willing to draw. If you want your character to have a larger role, you will need to commit to at least 3 poses.

Signups
Signups will be open until 10 November, 9PM (GMT). If you would like to take part, clearly state below that you are signing up, and give the following details:
1) The comic(s) you are signing up with (if you sign up with 2 comics, you will be assigned 2 comics to draw crossovers for)
2) Any flags your comic has (V/L/N/S)
3) Any flags you don’t want assigned (V/N/L/S) (if you don’t specify, we will assume you are okay with all flags)
4) If you would like to take part in the collab comic, and if so, which character you would like to feature, and how many poses you would be willing to draw.
5) Optional: If you like, list any comics you have previously been assigned so we can make sure you get something new. You can list everything you’ve done, just recent stuff, or not list past exchanges at all.

The Serious Stuff
Please make sure you follow the rules and keep to the theme of the exchange – I’d rather not have to request amendments to submitted pieces.

We will take into account any flags etc. you don't want to work with when assigning comics. You will not be able to switch comics once the assignments have gone out. If you have any concerns that you're not comfortable discussing on the forum, please drop me a PM before signups close.

Also, as stated above, please ensure you can commit to the exchange before signing up. The holiday season tends to be busy so please ensure you have taken into account any work/social commitments etc. when you are planning your time. If you do find yourself struggling, please let us know. We would rather know in good time if any issues come up than have people drop off the radar.

Of course sometimes, stuff happens. As such if you do need to drop out please let us know ASAP and preferably before the deadline so we can contact a backup. To note, if you drop out after the deadline or drop off the radar you could be at risk of getting called out.

The Other Stuff

Backups – Let us know us you would like to be a backup artist. If you’re not sure right now feel free to let us know later. We will contact you if someone drops out to see if you can take on the assignment.

Website Layout, Banner and Avatar – If anyone wants to take a crack at these, let us know. Otherwise, I’ll aim to put something together.

Deadlines Summary
Signups are open until 10 November, 9PM (GMT)
Assignments will be sent out by 12 November, if not before
Collab poses sent out by 21 November
Collab poses will be due on 14 December, 9PM (GMT)
Assignments will be due on 18 December, 9PM (GMT)
Collab comic starts posting 21 December
Exchange goes up 25 December 6PM (GMT)

I’ve tried to include as much info as possible for any newcomers, but let us know if you have any questions. As a general rule, any queries for the main exchange should be directed to me, and any queries for the collab comic should be directed to Jammy.

Have fun everyone!
3rd Nov 2018, 3:17 PM #2
Jeremy7

Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I'm up to this!

I'm signing up with LECTRO!. (V tag.)

Again, I don't want to crossover with anything that features a S or N tag.

For the crossover comic, I volunteer Venus Mercury, because what the heck would Toby be doing in a Christmas play? For the amount of poses I'm down for... I don't know. I couldn't decide on 3 or 5, but I ended up doing 7 or so for the Halloween collab, and I enjoyed myself. I'd have to say I'm pretty flexible, but I'd rather Venus have a small role. I'm also down for drawing cameos from Toby and Max - if audience or backstage scenes are shown.

(On a related note, I imagine that the characters would need costumes. Will we have a strict guide to follow, or will the costuming be more of a "suggestion" that we're free to interpret?)

I've previously drawn crossover art for Cryptida (Back to School) and Silk and Sword (Halloween).
3rd Nov 2018, 3:30 PM #3
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
When it comes to costumes, that'll depend on how the character's cast and I'll let you know! If the character has a major role, they'll need to dress as that role, but extras and especially backstage crew and audience will have a lot more flexibility. I'm not going to come up with any strict, set costumes for any part, though.

Twitter --- Tumblr --- Deviantart
3rd Nov 2018, 3:34 PM #4
Jeremy7

Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
Aye, sounds cool.
3rd Nov 2018, 3:45 PM #5
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Yay, Christmas!

- Signing up with Beyond Bloom (which has a Violence tag)

- Preferably no S or N tags (and am fine doing comics previously assigned)

- Will participate in the collab comic, but I have some questions about this one. Would it be easier to receive a role first and THEN pick a character for it? Or is it easier that we just throw a character in the ring and Jammy delegates which one would be best suited for whichever role? And is it okay if we leave ourselves open for what there is a need for? Like, I'll default to throwing Tatsuma in as a minor background role, but if I had an opportunity to make Sikue the ghost of Christmas past, I wouldn't pass that up, dangit XD
3rd Nov 2018, 3:57 PM #6
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
I thought it might be easiest to cast characters myself based on how many poses people are willing to do, so the second thing. I also have some joke ideas that'd be easier that way >:D.

And I'm okay with people doing that as long as I don't end up in a situation people are asking me to pick from their entire cast. As long as I get names, I'm happy. So that's Tatsuma as a backgrounder, or Sikue up for the ghost of christmas past? Noted.

Also I think I'm going to make the rules for the number of characters in this the same as it usually is for things, up to two per person.

3rd Nov 2018, 4:10 PM #7
NiaNook
it keeps coming out as anime
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Ha, okie dokie. I just want to say "put 'em where you need 'em" but I can see where that would get messy if everyone does that and you have nothing solid to work with. So that works! Just know that I'm super flexible about it, if you have an idea/need for something else.

(Also, congrats on 4000 posts :'D )
3rd Nov 2018, 5:39 PM #8
Jay042
Old school
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
Of course Kaza's Mate Gwenna is in! It's Flagged N! and I'm accepting of anything.

My previous exchange list for the year is:

MistakenPotatoes (Those Unknowable) Halloween Exchange '18
K Kremer (Project Revirie) Back To School One Shot
Cartoonist at Large (Cosmos) - Valentine's Day
JammytheBird (Back o' Beyond) - Christmas Exchange '17
Podgor (Green Dove) - Halloween Exchange '17

I'm also in for the Collab comic! This time I'm using Kaza, and I think can do up to six (6) poses for him.
3rd Nov 2018, 6:24 PM #9
Wartooth

Registration date: 23rd Mar 2017
Let's say I wanted to use 2 characters. I could say I want one character to have this many poses and this other character to have this many poses? Or just I want to use these characters and this many poses between the two of them?
3rd Nov 2018, 6:31 PM #10
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Either would be fine, as long as I know what you'd be happy with!

3rd Nov 2018, 6:43 PM #11
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Sign me up. I will definitely do a mini comic this time on my own, with anyone I am signed up with. It will not be NSFW (I don't do that kind of thing), but depending on who I am signed up with, it might have action or at least be cool.
4th Nov 2018, 4:02 AM #12
SharpyTheYellowKirby
got away with it
Registration date: 27th May 2014
Hell yeah! There's nothing I love more than an exchange! Sign me up!

Oh and sign me up for that collab thing too with my girl Carol! I can do up to 5 poses, I would say is my max.

Comics I've previously crossed over with:

Serpents of Old
Those Days So Long Ago

Also I don't really wanna do any comics with an N! or V! tag.
4th Nov 2018, 4:30 AM #13
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016

Darn! Darn! Darn! As fun as this sounds, I'm going to have to miss it because my wife and I have several Dr appointments.
4th Nov 2018, 4:31 AM #14
Sikyanakotik
really tolerated
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
Darn, the assignments are a little too soon for me to have more than one or two pages of Spider Pizza up. Would that be a problem?
4th Nov 2018, 4:49 AM #15
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
I'll sign up with The Restless Dead And Inferno. I'll do any number of poses in the collaborative comic. Whatever the roll requires.
4th Nov 2018, 6:16 AM #16
junoro
So much to do in one lifetime
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Woohoo! I'll sign up with The Tale of a Disappointing Land Shark! It has a V flag and I'd like to avoid N flags to exchange with! I can do probably up to 4ish poses for the collab comic, give or take one!
4th Nov 2018, 8:28 AM #17
Mel Cormac
Blimpmaster
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
Heck yeeeaah I'm in, sign me up with Waste Of Time. It has L! and S! flags. I'm fine with all flags.

I won't be able to commit to the collab comic, but I might be able to be a backup artist, as long as I have enough notice!

In the last couple of years I have done crossovers with:
Bubblegum Pops
The Restless Dead
Cosmos
Cato's Apprenticeship
Ghost World
Stolen Memories
4th Nov 2018, 9:57 AM #18
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
Sikyanakotik:Darn, the assignments are a little too soon for me to have more than one or two pages of Spider Pizza up. Would that be a problem?

There generally isn't a set minimum number of pages required to sign up (I only had about 7 pages of The Strangest Coven when I entered my first exchange), but the general rule is that you need to be able to provide at least one clear character reference, so the person assigned your comic has something to work with. I would ask that this is provided before signups close.
4th Nov 2018, 12:47 PM #19
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Woohoo, starting to get a number of signups now :D

M and Junoro, which character/s are you submitting for the comic? It'd help me to know!

4th Nov 2018, 4:22 PM #20
junoro
So much to do in one lifetime
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
You can find a spot for Phoebe or Caddy! Wherever they fit!