Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Air your grievances here.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: [1] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]

One week ago, 2:35 AM #221
NiaNook
not the one who meowed (?)
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
My condolences for both of your pets. Like losing part of the family :(

Spiraphantom, about your cat wandering off, we've had both dogs and cats do that, too... or when they can't get outside, they choose somewhere out-of-the-way like a bathroom closet. It seems to be an instinct they have. How they'll know it's their time and they don't want to burden their families with the body they leave behind. It's very sweet of them, in a way... very bitter-sweet part of nature.

Anyway, I'm sure they had wonderful lives and hopefully that cute little kitten can fill the big paws left behind.
One week ago, 5:46 PM #222
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
Pathfinder

for when you want to roleplay but hate roleplaying or having fun
One week ago, 7:49 PM #223
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
i just hate summer. Not only the heat, but everything in summer, down to very concept of it. I just don't want summer to exist.
One week ago, 8:40 PM #224
E-hero Vulven
tells us a tale of e-bravery
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
Summers rock. The crops, the events and the vacations. I'm on a self-imposed vacation myself.
One week ago, 11:36 PM #225
shaneoid

Registration date: 19th May 2016
I've been having trouble keeping my Type 2 Diabetes in check. My sugars just wont go down. I've changed my diet completely and have had no junk food at all. I'm on 9 pills a day and now I've been given some injection (not Insulin - yet!). I'm constantly drained and sleepy. Nothing anyone can do, I just needed to vent.
6 days ago, 1:41 AM #226
Kev

Registration date: 14th Oct 2015
I’m so sorry to read this. My life is in absolute shambles right now and things aren’t looking up but I read something like that and realize others have it much worse than me. I hope you start feeling better. Not sure how diabetes works but I hope you’re able to get it under control and feeling like yourself soon. :)
6 days ago, 6:43 AM #227
VoxVulpar

Registration date: 24th Apr 2014
this website still doesnt work
6 days ago, 9:15 AM #228
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
My coworker does this really annoying thing where he fucking wanders off to do shit that isn't immediately needed (like moping the floor instead of helping with the dishes during dinner rush when I'm the only person in the dishpit) and he stops in the middle of working to talk about FUCKING VIDEO GAMES AND ANIME, then he casually wanders off and disappears for 20-30 minutes at a time.

I've only worked there for 7 days and I already hate him.

My super-duper cool coworker looks like Lionel if he shaved his head and went from being 6'5" to 5'6" lol. He's kinda stern and mean, but he's patient. I like him. He has great work ethics, but I can tell he really wants to be a cook instead of a dishwasher. He kind of has a thing for this waitress and gets mushy (in a professional manner!) around her (it's really cute).
He also doesn't like our lazy coworker either and has dealt with him for a year. God bless that man's patience.

Apparently the kitchen has been short staffed for like.. 3 months at this point, so the amount of work I've been doing is double to triple what I should really be doing. Lazy coworker doesn't help much, other cool coworker is great but she works in the adjacent kitchen and only comes over when I really need help. I'm the shortest/smallest (and weakest) person employed in the whole facility, and I'm new so I need a lot of help. Everyone's been really accommodating to my physical limitations

My first day working was on Friday and I stayed an hour overtime to help cool coworker finish shit up because it got really crazy. Lazy cw just casually waltzed off and did other shit before his shift ended before dinner rush.
On my third day I ended up crying in the bathroom for a couple minutes because I got yelled at for other peoples' fuck ups lol.
Today I worked for 6 hours straight and didn't have a break until my lunch/dinner break (20 minutes). Out of an 8 hour day, I only got 1 break because lazy coworker wasn't pulling his weight. I'm supposed to take a 10 minute break every 2 hours, but I try to make it every 3-4 hours to accommodate for the dinner rush and prep stuff, and so cool coworkers don't get swamped with shit.

I'm fucking exhausted.

I hope that my bosses (who are really cool) will consider giving me a raise after my 3 month review.
5 days ago, 4:23 AM #229
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Not good
I have developed a tiny crush on my cool coworker

And he has caught on

This is not good
5 days ago, 10:03 AM #230
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Recently I've been workaholic over my comic...

Now it's good how it updates more, especially after the burnt out period, BUT I cannot enjoy some Rn'R. Since all I think is "One more page, one more page...". It's either all burnt out, or all workaholic.
5 days ago, 11:44 AM #231
phoenixjklin

Registration date: 15th Oct 2015
I'm stressed and nobody in my family seems to notice and they give me shit for not having my life together and for not being able to prioritize correctly about minor things. A soon as I tell them to not do that they get pissed instead and I go into panic attacks that they also seem to not notice and I'm pretty sure I'm just overdramatizing everything as usual.

---
5 days ago, 4:50 PM #232
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
5 days ago, 5:29 PM #233
Abbeysvault

Registration date: 8 days ago
Ooh. There's a thread for this?

Well I live out in a pretty much isolated area which is great in one way but sucks when I need people to call out. I'm cleaning up the property at the moment and I needed one of those small skips to be dropped off. So I contacted a crowd last week and they said they'll send someone around. Waited all week and nothing. Finally got a call this morning saying they'll be dropping it off before lunch.

Now the entrance to my property is kinda hard to see off the main road so I offered to wait down there so they wouldnt miss it. And the guy on the phone said blah blah blah we'll find it no problem. Well only 10 minutes ago, the guy call and asks for directions again! I ask where he is and he's gone way past up the road. I tell him he'll have to drive back down and he says that he'll be back down in an hour. He's going to go have his lunch. Ugh! >:(
4 days ago, 3:49 PM #234
SMAComix

Registration date: 6th Jan 2017
I have an interview coming up and I am nervous.
4 days ago, 11:58 PM #235
phoenixjklin

Registration date: 15th Oct 2015
Sorry for writing often.

---
3 days ago, 5:48 PM #236
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
phoenixjklin:

I realize this sounds very much like a spoiled brat, but I’m just so done. I’m done. I get shitty so called ”help” for my mental health and shitty ”help” for my social and work skills. So much is promised to me yet everytime I’m underwhelmed and disappointed. I’m just so tired.[/spoiler]

That honestly sounds like a nightmare. Most of my friends have mental health issues, and a couple have autism. Not knowing what activities are planned for the day - and sitting there, not knowing - that would drive them. Then sitting in a crowd of strangers you don't know. It doesn't matter if they're nice or not, it's not a controlled environment - I think I would just be exhausted after that. But you're doing it in exchange for rent help, so it's not like you could just stop going. argh.
2 days ago, 1:22 AM #237
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
Welp.

My days are never as bad as some people's here, but I think it's finally gotten to this point.

Been searching for a job and apartment for the last few.... months, actually. Need an apartment and job pretty seriously now, not super-bad, but yes, it must happen. Went specifically apartment hunting today, out and about with my car.

Couldn't find the apartments. Literally could not find them. Not too savy with maps, and I don't have one of them smart-phones on me, so I was frigging lost and it was embarrassing.

Then, after getting some ice cream because it was over 90 degrees today, I found a local and pretty major comic book shop and went inside to browse. Bought nothing, but I did inquire about the 3rd volume of my favorite comic book series, Scales and Scoundrels. I had already known it was cut off at #12, but a 3rd volume up to comic #15 had been scheduled. That was cancelled.

Then, irritated and very sad, I went to my friendly local game shop. My favorite game, Monsterpocalypse, a Miniatures Game, had been pulled from the shelves and wasn't going to be restocked.

FML.
Yesterday, 12:34 AM #238
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
After not doing so for two years, I finally contacted Dr. Zombie (Spirit Halloween's animatronic help desk) for a problem with my Jack Skellington animatronic's arm. However, I got a response, and I'm being asked for:

· Proof of purchase

· Name

· Address

· City/State/Zip

· Phone number

OR

· Exact date of purchase

· City and State of the store you made the at

· Last 4 digits of the card you used to make the purchase

if I don't have proof of Purchase.

PROBLEMS:
-I bought the animatronic 2 years ago
-I was young and didn't keep the receipt
-I can't remember the day I purchased it
-I bought it offline

ALL THIS, just because Jack Skellington's arm is clicking. Is it too much to just say "Yes, there seems to be a problem with the arm's pulley system" and a fix or something?

EDIT: Okay, few minutes later, I'm beginning to think this sounds like a "Not Always Right" complaint. But I still have a gripe, maybe not to the person behind the Spirit Halloween eMail account, but with myself.

If I get that Sam decoration I'm keeping the receipt.