Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
14th Dec 2019, 3:58 PM #481
Dyohna:How do you get over feeling that your art has gotten worse over the decade? I actually started tearing up upon asking that question. I honestly kind of go through this every year. Looking at old art made in middle school, shouldn't I feel like my art has come a long way? That expectation has been keeping me going. Unfortunately, I'm the same every year and somehow actively worse than where I began. Do I hate my art? No, its as mediocre as it gets. Serviceable and competent as some people put it. I'm not creative enough to give my art a special personality. I've always felt that I wasn't a creative person but my ineptitude is really starting to bother me because I want to do this for a living. Its the only thing I can do which is the saddest part of it all. All I can do is continue my futile efforts and at the end of the next decade, have nothing to show for it.

Sorry to offer a reply to a "screaming into the void" thread but I couldn't sit and let this get buried!

It kindof sounds like you're in an art rut which can happen to the best of us when you're drawing a comic in a consistent style for a long period of time.

The best advice I can give, and what's helped me is drawing stuff outside of my comfort zone trying to mimic other artists, Trying to full on paint landscapes, mimic album covers, recreate traditional media digitally....possibilities are endless! I found breaking that rut of relying on my style for all my creative outlets which naturally will kind of stagnate after a while. So challenge yourself this year! Try different things that aren't your style, try drawing the basics in different ways with different brushes, it'll breath life back into your creative flow and you're bound to learn something new.
16th Dec 2019, 5:43 AM #482
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
If Dyohna's art is bad then there's no hope for 90% of us.
16th Dec 2019, 6:09 PM #483
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
I had a terrible panic attack at work on Saturday; it got so bad my throat seized up and I started crying in front of customers. My bosses were as accommodating and supportive as they could be, which I was grateful for.

However, I learned yesterday that I shouldn't have brought this up with my parents expecting any kind of sympathy, because they just launched into a tirade about how it's my fault I have anxiety, how my doctor's an idiot, how I spend too much time on my computer, how I used to be so bright and bubbly and what happened to you Kelsey?? You used to have it together! You can't cry at work or you're going to get fired!! You're 30 years old grow up and stop crying over everything!!!
16th Dec 2019, 9:32 PM #484
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Oh that's terrible. They should be able to see that's the worst response. How could you not recognise that?
17th Dec 2019, 8:02 PM #485
I can either overwork myself to exhaustion or ignore everything and sloth around, I'm unable to do anything in between
18th Dec 2019, 5:11 PM #486
[deleted]

---
22nd Dec 2019, 12:05 PM #487
🕎 Light it up 🕎
22nd Dec 2019, 8:55 PM #488
I also got cut off out of goddamn nowhere and the lack of closure or explanation leaves me frustrated at a senselessly burnt bridge. You could have said something, even "I'm going to go dark for a while." Nah.
23rd Dec 2019, 1:24 AM #489
smartest motherfucker around
If anyone's interested in some self help resources:

- Moodgym

- Moodgym FAQ

- Self help information/worksheets

I also found the book "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" by David D. Burns really helpful
24th Dec 2019, 6:24 PM #490
I hate upgrading

30th Dec 2019, 11:56 PM #491
Long rant about everything
31st Dec 2019, 2:00 AM #492
Sounds like you're going through a lot right now. If I can offer a few sendiments I think I may be able to help you by offering some statements that could help you feel better:

Please PM me if you want to talk any further. You don't deserve to feel like this, you're a cool dude!
31st Dec 2019, 11:59 PM #493
I'm so tired of everything.

---
3rd Jan 2020, 2:02 AM #494
I was so stressed about returning to work today that my recurrent eczema patch on my knuckle flared so severely the itching spread up and down the adjacent phalanges, started to wrap around the circumference of the finger, and even felt like it was starting in the next finger.

Work wasn't that bad, and I used my medication and moisturizer enough through the day to tamp down the symptoms, but I think this is the worst it's been
3rd Jan 2020, 2:07 AM #495
🕎 Light it up 🕎
HAPPY NEW YEARS

I HAVE BRONCHITIS 8)
4th Jan 2020, 12:21 AM #496
In my own time I enjoy dressing the kind if way I'd dress if I were to go clubbing (sort of like a button down shirt over a tshirt, jeans and brown shoes), which I've never been, and I sort of wanna go to my A-level classes dressed this sort of way, but most of the students at my college (which isn't a university) dress in a kind of street-way and sadly I always feel I'd stand out if I were to go in dressed the way I want.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
4th Jan 2020, 2:42 AM #497
Pretty paranoid right now.

Fucking idiot of a president made a bad move. About to give vaping a shot.
4th Jan 2020, 2:46 AM #498
Venture Capitalist
mightguy15 :Pretty paranoid right now.
Fucking idiot of a president made a bad move.

I agree, publicly assassinating that Iranian general was fucking nuts. I mean, that motherfucker deserved to die, but wasting him on the Baghdad tarmac in full view of everybody?!

About to give vaping a shot.

oh
4th Jan 2020, 2:57 AM #499
Peer pressure. Stuff taste like a champion and eases troubles. I should never have kids ):
4th Jan 2020, 3:04 AM #500
Drum bum
i'm in a constant state of existential crisis about politics at this point.

i'm not totally sure when one of my two attempts to register to vote went through after six months, but i'm not complaining. i'm gonna get an absentee ballot and vote in my swing county, since it's kind of a given what a a county with a massive college is going to vote, you know? And I'm in a swing state (voted both Obama and Trump into office... Detroit couldn't save our asses last time) so a swing county in a swing state? Yeah... my vote needs to go there.

My anxiety's also just actively awful right now. I need to go back to college. I love my home and my parents a lot, but doing nothing for three weeks makes me want die. :^) When I have too much time to think, suddenly eat 90% worse than I was (my parents don't cook and exclusively have TV Dinners and snack cakes and chips) and am now totally out of range of a gym to go work off anxieties...

I burnt myself out last semester a little bit, so there's a happy medium there I need to find.

Like, I'm still pretty anxious at college (every other time I went to Chipotle I had a panic attack??? I love chipotle but that place is sensory overload) but I'm also too busy to think about how anxious I am usually, you know what I mean?

...This doesn't sound healthy now that I'm saying it out loud. I promise I'm doing more things to help my mental health, but this is also actively aggravating my anxiety. I need to get back to where I can do things. Also this house is sensory overload - like, worse than a college dorm. I love my parents and I'm glad I came home, but it's time to go back.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28