Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28
31st Jan 2020, 10:37 PM #521
Venture Capitalist
-
31st Jan 2020, 10:52 PM #522
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Im feeling much better now. Its all passed. I could normally walk to the bathroom with no issues.

ETA: There was no chest pain or anything. Just a huge scare. Then uncontrollable shaking.
I dont even know what triggered it. I had a great day today.

ETA2: There was this guy whom my mom knew and she's been talking about him quite a lot lately. I'll call him I.B. He was sort of ...her friend? Idk. He had the same constructor build his house and he even came to see our house several times. And my mom came home from work today and randomly told me "Did you know that I.B. died last night?" and Im like ... What???
Even though this guy had it coming for a long time (he was overweight and smoked A LOT) still made me wonder ... Now you're here and the next minute you arent.
So this is probably what triggered it. I have huge anxiety issues and therefore a huge death scare when I was feeling off.
1st Feb 2020, 12:46 AM #523
lirvilas:-

Man am I sorry to hear that. No one should have to go through that - nonsense, how can we say we even live in a basic society with issues like that.

Chin up and hope things get better man.

Merged Doublepost:

Eve Z.:Im feeling much better now. Its all passed. I could normally walk to the bathroom with no issues.

ETA: There was no chest pain or anything. Just a huge scare. Then uncontrollable shaking.

ETA2: There was this guy whom my mom knew and she's been talking about him quite a lot lately. I'll call him I.B. He was sort of ...her friend? Idk. He had the same constructor build his house and he even came to see our house several times. And my mom came home from work today and randomly told me "Did you know that I.B. died last night?" and Im like ... What???
Even though this guy had it coming for a long time (he was overweight and smoked A LOT) still made me wonder ... Now you're here and the next minute you arent.
So this is probably what triggered it. I have huge anxiety issues and therefore a huge death scare when I was feeling off.

That was most likely anxiety. I'm glad to hear you are doing ok now.
1st Feb 2020, 1:39 AM #524
Venture Capitalist
mightguy15:
Chin up and hope things get better man.

Appreciate the sentiment but I was responding to a previous post from someone else.

Situation appears to have resolved itself, thank goodness. I removed my response to that post as a result.
1st Feb 2020, 2:04 AM #525
I see. My apologies, I was trying to be funny.
3rd Feb 2020, 9:51 PM #526
Eve Z.:Im feeling much better now. Its all passed. I could normally walk to the bathroom with no issues.

11 days ago, 9:15 PM #527
I had to say goodbye to my girls the 8th of February 2020.

My heart is aching.
The world feels a lot emptier now.
❤️

---
11 days ago, 9:18 PM #528
): They are beautiful!
11 days ago, 10:18 PM #529
No one understands me. I'll leave it at that. I feel better now.
My sad and offensive attempt to relate to Earthlings here
10 days ago, 1:10 AM #530
phoenixjklin:I had to say goodbye to my girls the 8th of February 2020.

My heart is aching.
The world feels a lot emptier now.
❤️

Phoenix, I'm so sorry. They were lucky to have someone so loving taking care of them <3
10 days ago, 1:12 AM #531
Taking Names & Spitting Images
phoenixjklin:I had to say goodbye to my girls the 8th of February 2020.

Aw, I'm sorry :-( This probably isn't great to hear right now while you're grieving, but for me, I've found the only consolation of pets' short life spans is that it allows the opportunity to love many pets within my own lifetime. I'm happy to get to know and care for so many fine creatures.

I've got a grievance. I moved out to a ski town with a gent I met over the summer, with the intention of exploring our relationship further/learning how to ski as an area-specific chance of a lifetime. Well, turns out I don't like downhill skiing very much. The adrenaline rush is too overwhelming for me, and I've never been very well-coordinated, so my initial effort to learn wasn't productive - it was just terrifying. On seeing this, the gent I've been with decided I was a wuss that was too accustomed to a comfortable life I:-( So I'm now stuck in a town that I didn't really choose, in a community built around a sport that I don't enjoy, with a man who turned nasty and lashed out at me when I trusted him with my vulnerabilities. Now we're in this weird relationship grayspace where we're definitely and mutually not together anymore, and yet, we're still participating in this superficial intimacy brought about by circumstance. He can't afford to live here without me; I can't afford to go home.

We're handling everything (post-tantrum) with enough maturity to keep things tolerable, but it's not great. I'm constructing plans to GTFO as soon as possible without fucking him over on the lease. 'Cause, I dunno, I still like him for the reasons I liked him to begin with. Sometimes a relationship is just over, and that's fine.

When I'm not feeling down about it or resentful, I actually feel pretty ok with things. This was a good rebound (for both of us, I believe), and I think in the takeaway I'll feel more healed from it rather than hurt. Just, it should've been over a month ago, and it's not. So right now, everything kind of sucks. I just want to go home.
8 days ago, 10:10 PM #532
Left work, bought fixings for dinner, came home.

Thank god I peed and tried to use the sink before trying to start dinner. The water has been turned off for the complex because of some repairs they are doing.

I can neither prepare dinner nor shower nor just wash my god damn pee hands.

I don't know how long it will be off for.
"Public Service Announcement", One week ago, 12:57 PM #533
Paying an artist does not give the consumer the right to be verbally abusive to that artist.

I just had a patron both confirm that he is aware that he frequently berates me and my work and say that he felt that being my patron -- paying me -- was sufficient to offset his behavior towards me.

No, it is not.

(Feel free to replace "artist" with any form of employee.)
One week ago, 1:22 PM #534
Venture Capitalist
Snarkclaw:Paying an artist does not give the consumer the right to be verbally abusive to that artist.

That's messed up. Assuming you've notified them of the unacceptable behavior and assuming they haven't shown any signs of changing, you should strongly consider firing that patron.
One week ago, 1:38 PM #535
I've been dealing with this person for over two years now. I told him before that his behavior was not okay, and he got better for a while, and then slid back in to the abusive behavior. I don't even remember how many times we've done this dance.

It was yesterday that, when I called him on it again, he said that payment totally should offset anything he does.

And you're absolutely right. He's out, as of that.
One week ago, 1:44 PM #536
Venture Capitalist
"It has become apparent over the last two years that our expectations on author/patron interaction are divergent; therefore it is in the interest of all that this relationship concludes immediately. I will no longer be accepting payment..." etc

getcher lawyer on: an unemotional statement of facts and your action as a result
One week ago, 1:49 PM #537
Snazzy! I'm totally stealing this. Thank you. :-)
6 days ago, 4:06 PM #538

---
4 days ago, 6:34 AM #539
callmerocket:Aw, I'm sorry :-( This probably isn't great to hear right now while you're grieving, but for me, I've found the only consolation of pets' short life spans is that it allows the opportunity to love many pets within my own lifetime. I'm happy to get to know and care for so many fine creatures.

I've got a grievance. I moved out to a ski town with a gent I met over the summer, with the intention of exploring our relationship further/learning how to ski as an area-specific chance of a lifetime. Well, turns out I don't like downhill skiing very much. The adrenaline rush is too overwhelming for me, and I've never been very well-coordinated, so my initial effort to learn wasn't productive - it was just terrifying. On seeing this, the gent I've been with decided I was a wuss that was too accustomed to a comfortable life I:-( So I'm now stuck in a town that I didn't really choose, in a community built around a sport that I don't enjoy, with a man who turned nasty and lashed out at me when I trusted him with my vulnerabilities. Now we're in this weird relationship grayspace where we're definitely and mutually not together anymore, and yet, we're still participating in this superficial intimacy brought about by circumstance. He can't afford to live here without me; I can't afford to go home.

We're handling everything (post-tantrum) with enough maturity to keep things tolerable, but it's not great. I'm constructing plans to GTFO as soon as possible without fucking him over on the lease. 'Cause, I dunno, I still like him for the reasons I liked him to begin with. Sometimes a relationship is just over, and that's fine.

When I'm not feeling down about it or resentful, I actually feel pretty ok with things. This was a good rebound (for both of us, I believe), and I think in the takeaway I'll feel more healed from it rather than hurt. Just, it should've been over a month ago, and it's not. So right now, everything kind of sucks. I just want to go home.

I really hope you can get out of that situation soon, and gracefully. I had to live with my ex-partner for years...and it was not good for either of us. We managed to stay friends, but it was really rocky. Best of luck to you!
4 days ago, 2:02 PM #540
phoenixjklin:

I have some friends struggling with infertility. She's actually become very knowledgable and passionate about spreading awareness. If you ever need someone to talk to, reach out to Brooke Oveson Walrath on FB. She's a board member of the Utah Infertility Research Center.