Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Air your grievances here.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [12]

14th Feb 2019, 8:52 PM #81
GabbyGood
will die on Dec 14th 2021, 3:25 PM
Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
I fucking hate when I ask a client what sort of tattoo they want and they respond with the following:

Just something small on my arm.

“Okay what?”

Just this tiny thing should take 10 minutes.

“...but WHAT is it?”

Just a quote

“OMFG—-of what?”

I just want the quote from the matrix down my spine. You know ‘but I can only show you the door you have to walk through it’ see! A simple quote.

I love and hate my job.
14th Feb 2019, 9:30 PM #82
Product Placement
paid to be there and look good
Registration date: 15th May 2011
There are two men, in this entire world, that I would like to personally strangle with my bare hands, as I slowly watch the life leave their eyes.

Richard Colvin Reid

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

Aka: The Shoe Bomber and the Underpants Bomber.

Bolstered by the 9/11 attack, these waste of breath tried to circumvent the already frustratingly increased security checks at the airports by first smuggling a bomb inside a shoe, then by hiding it in their underpants.

Never mind the fact that they tried to blow up a plane full of people (they failed). They and few other enterprising "martyrs" are the reason why you now have to take off your coat, shoes, belt, not be allowed to carry any drinks, practically unpack your entire carryon so that all of your electronics can be scanned separately, and then walk into a scanner that can see what you look like naked.
16th Feb 2019, 2:06 AM #83
SMAComix

Registration date: 6th Jan 2017
This brings me back to a time where everybody I know was like "oh the war is bad" and meanwhile I get stopped at borders pat searched by TSA as a child. All because of my mother's place of origin. I understand what every side is saying but I can't stand what my teachers were saying to my face in front of the entire class. This is what I wanted to say back but I couldn't: "I don't care if you wanted Gore or Kerry to win or not, you're not the one who's family comes from Lebanon or Syria. I'm not a threat, nor a crying child with a tan and a headgear who needs pity because Bush did a Vietnam part 2 on them. I liked my PlayStation games and Spongebob marathons just as the next millennial my age then. Your joke wasn't funny."

Assholes like these men make me feel sick. The last time I was on a plane I was 9 years old and the TSA workers stole my favorite gold and pearl necklace. Never trusted commercial airlines ever again. "Randomly selected" my ass.
19th Feb 2019, 2:45 AM #84
SMAComix

I'm scared of my coworkers. What do? Like I'm forced to interact with them just so I don't get my ass kicked or I hurt somebody!

You know that scene in the Punisher where Castle's co-workers just pick on him for being quiet. Then they went mental later on. similar thing happened.

One of the Dishwashers fought with the new girl because she didn't say "hello" to her back. Some people just don't want to greet back. That is no reason to fight others just for being rude to you! Some people have had a rough day or are not feeling well so they just don't want to talk to others. The same person who nearly fought an old blind man for her turn at the register. To be fair the blind dude cut her in line and just shouted his order. I did nothing to break it up just took the orders at the same time. Just multitasking that day not letting my autism make things worse. She also fought with the other dishwasher girl not long into my time there. They made up but it's just a matter of time when things explode.

She was moved to another floor for a few days then came back. Now she wants to talk shit about the new girl. Like I know you want everybody to think you're nice but you need to place the extra effort to prove it. This proves nothing.

I gave the new girl an ice cream sandwich because things get heated in the kitchen. Also she gave me a blueberry muffin beforehand and got hungry. Fuck workplace politics, I'm just trying not to do something wrong that gets others hurt. I want to be a good person in the end and do right.

I can play wounded gazelle if she hurts me; Does that work?

EDIT: 420 posts lmao
19th Feb 2019, 11:38 AM #85
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
19th Feb 2019, 7:17 PM #86
harajuku_Smittle_
ride 'til I die shitposter
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
20th Feb 2019, 9:51 AM #87
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Husband is not achievable
Love is a lie

Hail Samael
21st Feb 2019, 1:28 AM #88
SMAComix

I suggest you find a homeless dude and demand he be your husband. IDK.
2nd Mar 2019, 3:51 PM #89
SMAComix

Last week of work is next week...

I DON'T WANT TO GO! For once in my life I felt welcome in a place. I wasn't treated like a pest. These things rarely happen because people never give me a chance because I was the weird fat kid. Getting hired is always a challenge. Even though technically this was a culinary school. I liked what I did and want to pursue that as a career. Glad I am getting my certificate though. But I also need to pursue my servsafe and finish my OSHA 10 certificate.
2nd Mar 2019, 5:43 PM #90
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
SMAComix:Yesterday I was on the phone with some healthcare company. I can tell you it was not pretty conversation. So this is the vent thread.

How the heck are people hired in telecommunications if they don't speak another language other than English? Because of their goddamn bachelor's degree? And these people don't have a translator on sight nor use an electronic one and they demand to speak to my medzmama, who isn't well versed in English. She's too old to learn. I can translate it in Armenian and be her proxy but they refuse. I'm legally allowed to do that sort of thing. What a frustrating experience. I'm autistic yet I know Armenian and French and I can do a better job than these people!

Like she can have her pick of the translator litter because she knows French, Arabic, and Turkish as well but nooooooo the person on the phone only knows English and couldn't bring her manager or co-workers to help her do her job. She never said sorry and was RUDE. I know customer service, I used to do retail and I was in a seminar for customer support.

What kind of idiots are they when people say they want multiculturalism and diversity but they cannot provide an experience for that sort of thing?

Multiculturalism and diversity in the workplace will always fail unless people are hired based on experience and willingness to perform. Leftist seem to be unable to understand that diversifying the workplace for the sake of just diversifying is just friendlier racism.

Cooperate CEO leftist logic: "Oh, whats that? A white person with a bachelors in communication wants this telemarketer job? But if we don't hire the Indian, how are we going to be politically correct?"
2nd Mar 2019, 5:53 PM #91
lirvilas
Venture Capitalist
Registration date: 24th Mar 2014
mightguy15:Cooperate CEO leftist logic: "Oh, whats that? A white person with a bachelors in communication wants this telemarketer job? But if we don't hire the Indian, how are we going to be politically correct?"

Pretty sure that quarterly earnings targets drive the choice to offshore customer service, not some desire for multiculturalism. (edit: to be fair, there are some non-American call centers that are extremely skilled at what they do, so it may be the desire for a quality customer experience that drives these choices.)

--> I'd welcome some named examples of these apparently leftist CEOs.

Also, pretty sure that bad customer service isn't localized to one country. I too am sorry to hear of SMA's frustration.
2nd Mar 2019, 5:55 PM #92
sawyerLUVSyou

Registration date: 7th Feb 2010
I work in retail and I swear as soon as some customers walk through the front door, they turn their brain off
2nd Mar 2019, 5:58 PM #93
mightguy15

SMAComix:I'm scared of my coworkers. What do? Like I'm forced to interact with them just so I don't get my ass kicked or I hurt somebody!

You know that scene in the Punisher where Castle's co-workers just pick on him for being quiet. Then they went mental later on. similar thing happened.

One of the Dishwashers fought with the new girl because she didn't say "hello" to her back. Some people just don't want to greet back. That is no reason to fight others just for being rude to you! Some people have had a rough day or are not feeling well so they just don't want to talk to others. The same person who nearly fought an old blind man for her turn at the register. To be fair the blind dude cut her in line and just shouted his order. I did nothing to break it up just took the orders at the same time. Just multitasking that day not letting my autism make things worse. She also fought with the other dishwasher girl not long into my time there. They made up but it's just a matter of time when things explode.

She was moved to another floor for a few days then came back. Now she wants to talk shit about the new girl. Like I know you want everybody to think you're nice but you need to place the extra effort to prove it. This proves nothing.

I gave the new girl an ice cream sandwich because things get heated in the kitchen. Also she gave me a blueberry muffin beforehand and got hungry. Fuck workplace politics, I'm just trying not to do something wrong that gets others hurt. I want to be a good person in the end and do right.

I can play wounded gazelle if she hurts me; Does that work?

EDIT: 420 posts lmao

Usually, when my cooworkers act like morons, I just let them know outright. I am usually sensitive to peoples feelings, but not if I feel thier actions aren't justified.

Like the other day one of my co-workers tried to get me to spread a rumor about another co-worker because he made an inappropriate joke about his girlfriend, in which, the other guy got quite offended. I simply told him, "Well, it's his fucking girlfriend. It doesn't matter if you think the joke went over his head, some people just don't like that and it will make them mad. Just do your job when your at work and flirt with other girls when your at home."

IDK, I'm former military, so I have some pretty thick skin. I don't care what people think about me if those belifs aren't founded in reality, and I especially don't concern myself with making friends with my co-workers. I'm fairly secluded in the workplace, I only focus on getting work done, going home when my times done, and if people talk to me, I chat with them, but then I get right back to work.

As long as those people aren't costing you your job, or getting you in trouble with your boss, let them stay caught up in thier stupid drama. I'm not sure how you handle confrontation, but don't be afraid to speak your mind when people try to test you. That being said, don't be offensive, just make them understand why you think what they are doing is wrong, and if you can't, consider them a lost cause and move on.

Just focus on doing what you think is fair. You don't have to care about being right in every situation.

Merged Doublepost:

lirvilas:Pretty sure that quarterly earnings targets drive the choice to offshore customer service, not some desire for multiculturalism. (edit: to be fair, there are some non-American call centers that are extremely skilled at what they do, so it may be the desire for a quality customer experience that drives these choices.)

--> I'd welcome some named examples of these apparently leftist CEOs.

Also, pretty sure that bad customer service isn't localized to one country. I too am sorry to hear of SMA's frustration.

I'm not saying that only American call centers provide the quality, my intentions was to state that what matters most is experince and willingness to work. I know there will be some non-Americans who can do that, but if there are, they should be hired on those grounds, not based on how they look or what they are.

And yeah, thats a fair point. I kinda went into a rant based on recent events surronding a certian company *not gonna say any names* but I'm sorry that this person had to go through this too.
8th Mar 2019, 10:19 AM #94
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
No new episode this JoJo friday, just a recap because...?
14th Mar 2019, 8:45 AM #95
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
I don't feel like a person
16th Mar 2019, 3:22 PM #96
SMAComix

I really hate the MBTA sometimes. I'd rather not say.
16th Mar 2019, 9:09 PM #97
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
Happened to me like 20 mins ago at work:

Customer old enough to be my grandpa: hey i like your tattoo!
Me: thanks!
Customer: and I'd really like to see the rest of em! >D
Me:
Me:
Me, aloud: have a nice day
Me, internally: wow i want to Die
16th Mar 2019, 9:20 PM #98
mightguy15

Well, old people need love too....??

I remember something similar happened to me at Wal-Mart. Super old lady got like 11 tons of groceries, and asked me to help her unload.

After I was done unloading, she proceeded to feel on my bicep, and she said, "You're good at carrying heavy things aren't you?"

It was funny as hell, lol I thought stuff like that only ever happened to girls, but I just pretty much did the same thing and was like, "take care ma'me."

Times we live in....
16th Mar 2019, 9:22 PM #99
Lutztoons
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
Kelsey -Nutty- P.:Happened to me like 20 mins ago at work:

Me:
Me:

Oh, ewww. That's uncalled for. He probably thought he was being clever, too. (emphasis on THOUGHT he was being clever)
16th Mar 2019, 10:06 PM #100
khkddn
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
Kelsey -Nutty- P.:Happened to me like 20 mins ago at work:

Me:
Me:

i hope he has a Bad day