Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56
One week ago, 1:22 PM #1101
I'm sick of having friends if it means that everyone is going to hurt me in the end. I'm sick of trusting people if it means that trust is going to be broken.

Every single damn time I make a single person I consider a friend, they just have to stomp all over me and leave me in the dirt. That's all that has ever happened and that's all that ever will happen. I'm done trying to connect to people. I'm done making friends. I'm done even being nice to people.
6 days ago, 12:04 AM #1102
rainkaimaramon:[Posted to a friend on Discord, copied and edited for here]
Jeez, I just witness something horrible! I saw a poor kitten get run over, right in front of me and my mom.

The asshole driving the car only "stopped" to realize he hit something, and drove off at full speed. The kitten didn't last long, the thing was stunned and bled out quickly. We're both were trying to check if the kitten was alive, a few minutes later the asshole just rolled up behind us and tried to act like he was "just happening on the accident".

I wanted to fight, to yell at the bastard for being so callous and evil. But I didn't want to get shot.
He was high as a kite, blasting ghetto rap. He just was trying to weasel out of responsibility, and there is nothing I can do.

I'm sorry to dump this all on you, but this is fucking horrible and just makes me very angry.

[New bits]

I hate the "Ghetto" life here in Baltimore, people here are so freaking proud to be always high, be in gangs and just trashing the city.

This city had history with art, it had ties to geek culture, it had things like Babe Ruth and Edgar Allen Poe, historic buildings and was apart of American history.

But the damn assholes ruined it for gangsta cred! They chased everyone from downtown, the inner harbor and near the stadium and everybody says it's okay.

I hate how the ghetto life is glamorized and I am trying so hard to crawl out of it.

I hate the asshole who ran over the poor kitten, and act like he was free to do whatever he wanted. And he can, because nobody is going to punish him!

Hell when me and my mom went out to move the kitten to somewhere not under our neighbor's car another jerk came speeding around the corner, I scream and yanked my mom back. She got mad at me but these assholes don't care who or what they kill, it's just a part of ghetto life!

I'm sorry for the rambling mess, this was just the tip of the iceberg of frozen shit. As a month ago at a small store around the corner some kid, and I mean kid, about thirteen or fourteen years old, was shot to death right in their doorway. The mother's reaction?

"He's an inspiring rapper! Listen to his rap song! Where's my royalties?"

I am so tired, I am so angry with this, and I feel so powerless to fight back.

[Addison: My mother actually heard the monster gun the engine before hitting the kitten! He did it on purpose!]

[New Addision: Mods told be that I was being racist, you instead of believing that gangsta culture is a bad thing and people use their skin color to get away with crimes because of the past. I hate this country, I hate this "culture" and I hate we keep making excuses for the squeegee kids, the motorbike gangs, the drug pushers.

Yeah, I guess I am racist, I'm a bad man even though a kid was shot to death because of this shit "culture", watching so much death around me from drugs to hit and runs to just plane old shootings.

I say grow up, but that's apart of the problem.

I can't even bother any more, you want to support murders and true racism, fine.

I'm done.]

Fullquote because I think this is important: Mods told you that you were being racist because of this? Please, mods. I hereby declare myself solidary with rainkaimaramon on the special case of this text (otherwise I can't say anything), if telling about the observation of some gangst(a|er) culture is already racist, then I wholeheartedly believe that the... judgement/consideration of racism is going too far!!
Unless this happened on Discord, then I'd be barking at the wrong tree here, well, I hope so.

@rainkaimaramon - I know it's terrible to watch it. Also it's not a solace at all but, from all I know and have heard, most outside cats get run over. I know of 9 such sad event, told to me in person. Plus mine. And I know of ONE cat that died of old age, in his owner's arms.
(There was also an old tomcat with kidney problems that was friends with the cat of a tenant in my brother's house, years ago. The tenant asked me for money to take the old tomcat to the vet and I, being an IDIOT, gave her the money. She came back without the old cat and told me that the vet said he could help him, all he could do was euthanize him and so she had that done. I was so shocked and out of my mind that I didn't ask her for my money back because what she did was IMO the opposite of helping. And I never forgive myself for "helping" with that to get done.)
6 days ago, 12:16 AM #1103
Not to poke a dead horse, I understand that was a traumatic event and they were venting for therapy, but that comment was 100% racist and made me pretty uncomfortable. There was no need to bring in that they were “ghetto”.
6 days ago, 12:29 AM #1104
Well, I wouldn't say it's racist. He never once clarified that he associates ghetto culture with black culture, because that isn't really true at all anyway.

As someone who grew up in a ghetto community, I do however agree it's got some guys that try hard to make it trash culture. I wouldn't say entirely, there is a lot of fantastic art, comics, and yes even music that came out of this type of culture and community. But the portion that revolves around promoting violence, sexual misconduct, and engaging in illegal activities does owe itself criticism. Being honest with you, if a military takeover happened in my formor neighborhood, I wouldn't feel bad for them. Hell, I think it was here....HERE just on Halloween night I posted a party we were having outside was interrupted by gunshots.

I think it's a little bit silly to imply that people don't reserve the right to complain about people promoting that type of behavior.
6 days ago, 12:32 AM #1105
---------Mod post--------

We did not ban the user, we just let them know that their post might sound racist because of the wording used. We gave the benefit of the doubt that that wasn't their intent. The edited part of their post is their response to that pm.

Id rather not break the post down to explain the different parts that read as suspect to me. The user left so its really not live business anymore.

For future reference- venting is ok. Obviously people are gonna sound emotional after witnessing something traumatic. But there were many elements in that post divorced from the horrific action of the animal being killed that took the post in a different direction that was, if not explicitly racist, getting too close for comfort. That's why a mod spoke up.

The user left of their own accord so I feel this matter is closed.
6 days ago, 12:35 AM #1106
...(RockB):Fullquote because I think this is important: Mods told you that you were being racist because of this? Please, mods. I hereby declare myself solidary with rainkaimaramon on the special case of this text (otherwise I can't say anything), if telling about the observation of some gangst(a|er) culture is already racist, then I wholeheartedly believe that the... judgement/consideration of racism is going too far!!
Unless this happened on Discord, then I'd be barking at the wrong tree here, well, I hope so.

@rainkaimaramon - I know it's terrible to watch it. Also it's not a solace at all but, from all I know and have heard, most outside cats get run over. I know of 9 such sad event, told to me in person. Plus mine. And I know of ONE cat that died of old age, in his owner's arms.
(There was also an old tomcat with kidney problems that was friends with the cat of a tenant in my brother's house, years ago. The tenant asked me for money to take the old tomcat to the vet and I, being an IDIOT, gave her the money. She came back without the old cat and told me that the vet said he could help him, all he could do was euthanize him and so she had that done. I was so shocked and out of my mind that I didn't ask her for my money back because what she did was IMO the opposite of helping. And I never forgive myself for "helping" with that to get done.)

{Retracted because ya boi mightguy can say some pretty iffy stuff}
6 days ago, 12:36 AM #1107
I know you likely didn't see my post and meant to edit that into the other, but let's stop this conversation here.
6 days ago, 12:38 AM #1108
Yeah, sorry about that, I posted before seeing the post. I'm prolly gonna delete that.
5 days ago, 8:20 PM #1109
I am starting to believe that my state (Tennessee) government is just playing fiddle while Rome burns. They're not doing ANYTHING while the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are rising. Also, they just expanded vaccine exemptions even for future COVID-19 vaccines.

Man, I'm stuck in this sinking ship.
5 days ago, 10:53 PM #1110
I find it very irritating how people expect me to be great at art, when I just want to have fun!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56