Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Air your grievances here.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]

16th Mar 2019, 11:27 PM #101
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
mightguy15:Well, old people need love too....??

I remember something similar happened to me at Wal-Mart. Super old lady got like 11 tons of groceries, and asked me to help her unload.

After I was done unloading, she proceeded to feel on my bicep, and she said, "You're good at carrying heavy things aren't you?"

It was funny as hell, lol I thought stuff like that only ever happened to girls, but I just pretty much did the same thing and was like, "take care ma'me."

Times we live in....

What happened on my end was absolutley not funny to me. But i will admit that there is a stark difference between our two experiences.

Also, twenty minutes later, another man grabbed my arm without asking me to look at my tattoo, so honestly I'm just having the worst day in terms of how customers are treating me at work.
17th Mar 2019, 12:14 AM #102
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
GabbyGood:I fucking hate when I ask a client what sort of tattoo they want and they respond with the following:

Just something small on my arm.

“Okay what?”

Just this tiny thing should take 10 minutes.

“...but WHAT is it?”

Just a quote

“OMFG—-of what?”

I just want the quote from the matrix down my spine. You know ‘but I can only show you the door you have to walk through it’ see! A simple quote.

I love and hate my job.

Tattoo artist, eh? That's pretty dope, I've been thinking about getting into that line of work, but I get terrified at the potential to permanently scar customers.

Ironically enough, a pal of mine is a tattoo artist as well, he seems to go through that a lot too. Then there are the people who don't know what the hell they want and just talk in circle when you ask them what they want.

Sounds like a line of work that takes some patience.

Merged Doublepost:

Kelsey -Nutty- P.:What happened on my end was absolutley not funny to me. But i will admit that there is a stark difference between our two experiences.

Also, twenty minutes later, another man grabbed my arm without asking me to look at my tattoo, so honestly I'm just having the worst day in terms of how customers are treating me at work.

Yeah, that was super inappropriate. I can't imagine a scenario where someone would do something like that with me and I wouldn't immediately want to know wtf are they doing.

Close contact or being flirty can be funny. Stuff like that I just tend to laugh off, but some people cross the line into being freakin creepy when they don't respect other peoples boundaries.
17th Mar 2019, 4:25 AM #103
GabbyGood
will die on Dec 14th 2021, 3:25 PM
Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
mightguy15:Tattoo artist, eh? That's pretty dope, I've been thinking about getting into that line of work, but I get terrified at the potential to permanently scar customers.

Ironically enough, a pal of mine is a tattoo artist as well, he seems to go through that a lot too. Then there are the people who don't know what the hell they want and just talk in circle when you ask them what they want.

Sounds like a line of work that takes some patience.

Man it does. It’s pretty intense I won’t lie. My apprenticeship really whipped my ass into shape with a lot of things. Some people get lucky and breeze by but if you really wanna be good you gotta put in the work.

Once you start you really deal with frustrating clients like that and then those that basically tear your work apart in front of you and make you create their garbage. Others can’t sit still, rush you and then blame you for not doing a good job. Sometimes you get to do a cool piece but they want it in the worst spot like the ribs and it comes out looking like crap. There are so many variables. But when you get a cool client and do a cool piece there’s really no other feeling that could compare to doing it.

@Kelsey I freaking hate when people do that. >:|
24th Mar 2019, 11:09 PM #104
dougwarner59

Registration date: 13th Jan 2012
Okay my biggest grievance is when I start drinking and I get that buzz which is really great so I keep drinking to keep that buzz. but I am not able to tell the point in which continuous drink results in continuous good buzz. There is always this stupid ambiguous point in which continuous drinking results in feeling like shit instead of continuous buzz-osity...wtf!!! (this prove there is no God!)

oh yeah, I want to keep with everyone else's issues...people sometime do things that piss me off.
25th Mar 2019, 9:43 PM #105
SMAComix

Registration date: 6th Jan 2017
I'd find a new substance tbqh. I'm in no place to play diagnostics.
25th Mar 2019, 10:38 PM #106
Lutztoons
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
removed
9th Apr 2019, 5:12 PM #107
NiaNook
not the one who meowed (?)
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
*bitter work venting. I got it out of my system. That place sucks. The end*
9th Apr 2019, 5:40 PM #108
NiaNook
Hey, thanks! I'm not normally the one who feels hopeful about the future, either, but this one's a special case. (I think even my subconscious has been telling me to quit; having dreams where'd I'd say something satisfyingly rude to my "favorite" manager and waltz out, haha)
9th Apr 2019, 7:34 PM #109
GabbyGood
will die on Dec 14th 2021, 3:25 PM
Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
Spoiled for sads

14th Apr 2019, 3:36 PM #110
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
NiaNook:Hey, thanks! I'm not normally the one who feels hopeful about the future, either, but this one's a special case. (I think even my subconscious has been telling me to quit; having dreams where'd I'd say something satisfyingly rude to my "favorite" manager and waltz out, haha)

Go for it NiaNook! A part of freedom is taking risks, don't be afraid to face challenges because that's all a part of enjoying your freedom!

Also, I completely understand your frustration with retail. I am prior military, so my soul was sucked out of me a looooong time ago (atm I work at Wal-Mart I actually like it although I'm just an overnight stocker). But I plan on moving forward myself as soon as I find out what career I want to pursue.

Best of luck!
14th Apr 2019, 9:02 PM #111
SMAComix

Worked in a retail environment over the summer after I graduated high school.

A special kind of stupid EXISTS in the shoe stores. There are people who don't know how to tie their shoes and I've met them! Even my supervisor acted like a zombie.
15th Apr 2019, 7:55 PM #112
NiaNook
mightguy15:Also, I completely understand your frustration with retail. I am prior military, so my soul was sucked out of me a looooong time ago (atm I work at Wal-Mart I actually like it although I'm just an overnight stocker). But I plan on moving forward myself as soon as I find out what career I want to pursue.

Best of luck!

Aww, thank you! I wish you the best of luck with yours, as well! Walmart has an especially bad rep as far as customer service and how employees are treated, from what my sister tells me. It's draining when you spend hours cleaning something for customers (and fellow employees :| ) to mess it up again, but in this case, it was the crummy management. Turns out they've been grating on a LOT of older employees and I fully anticipate the place will look trashed in the coming years.

@SMAComix Haha, you meet all kinds of colorful characters in the service industry :'D
16th Apr 2019, 3:02 AM #113
SMAComix

I've heard of crazier stories from the nursing home my mother works in.
16th Apr 2019, 8:49 AM #114
NiaNook
Crazy stories from the mouths of the residents there AND interesting encounters with them, I imagine!
16th Apr 2019, 10:56 PM #115
phoenixjklin

Registration date: 15th Oct 2015
Anxious about the afterparty after tomorrow's gig.
People apparently think it's okay to invade my privacy (verbally) while drunk, and it honestly makes me lose the will to socialize, just as I have gotten out of my shell (and grown to love socializing after years of denying my need for it).
I want to go to the party because there are interesting conversations and fun to be had, but at a certain point in the night, that I'm unable to pinpoint until it's already happening, there is a line that seems to always be ignored and stepped over.
They mean no harm, but the harm it does to my mental health is scarring.

---
17th Apr 2019, 5:08 AM #116
Xerocorpse Boomer

Registration date: 6th May 2017
Just a crazed stalker chick in my life, smh

17th Apr 2019, 5:47 AM #117
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
i require a lot of medication to be able to function like a normal human being and productive member of society. i'm having to ration a specific one because my doctor is taking far too long to write my prescription, and i need to remind him to do that monthly because it's a narcotic and can't be refilled automatically like my other medications. he's just. so. slow. and i don't have an entire day to waste on trying to see him, because 2 hours of it are spent waiting for him to even get to me and then like 5 minutes for him to see me. man, i had an appointment at 8:30 and when i left, it was fucking lunchtime.

so i didnt take it and today was a completely wasted day. i was so out of it that i just kinda bumbled around at work on autopilot until i got cut. i feel bad about it, but it was slow as hell and i wasn't going to be at all useful beyond the sidework that requires minimal brain effort. it's a wonder anyone understood what i was saying half the time. even if they did, i couldn't tell, because my brain was trailing about 7 feet behind me at all times. its a good thing my manager showed up stoned out of her goddamn mind, otherwise i would've had to own up to my temporary incompetence.

luckily this is like, my one medication that doesn't have withdrawal, aside from the "being a slack-jawed zombie" thing for a day or two. i have a certain nostalgia for my geodon withdrawal, wherein the withdrawal was more tolerable than the side-effects, and the side-effects were barely worth the actual effects of the medication.

anyway, a big old middle finger to all you motherfuckers who had to go and abuse Aderall and Vyvanse and shit and spoiled everything for the people who actually need it. why cant you just do cocaine like normal people
17th Apr 2019, 8:08 PM #118
SMAComix

NiaNook:Crazy stories from the mouths of the residents there AND interesting encounters with them, I imagine!

Interesting is an interesting word to describe the everyday culture of a nursing home. Some of them oldies are so demented or have severe mental issues that they are just left there to rot. Some nurses and directors need to have their licenses removed. :(

It's more of a black comedy.
17th Apr 2019, 8:42 PM #119
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Now I remember why I hate April... Spring cleaning, Easter Holiday madness, gardening... ugh...
So damn tired all the time! And now I'm cooling down from the artistic burnout.
17th Apr 2019, 9:34 PM #120
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
I just hit my desk so hard I actually broke it and I'm bleeding from my right hand. It's not that bad, as I draw with the left hand.
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Air your grievances here.
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]