Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Opinion Poll: What's your favorite color? [important]

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > News & Announcements > Opinion Poll: What's your favorite color? [important]
Pages: [1] [2]

2nd Jan 2019, 5:49 PM #21
Lutztoons
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
Thanks for adding these options, Kyo! I do use the blog feature, but I feel like people don't read them because they can’t see if they’ve been updated unless they click the “news” button.

I'm clueless when it comes to implementing this stuff, though. I don't know very much about code at all. I'm using a modded version of the Once I Was a King layout and I have no idea what I'm doing. (I’m taking a web design course this January so I can stop feeling like an idiot about this stuff HNNNNNNGH)

Here's what I have for the blog archive page:

And the blog display:

I'm also wondering if it's possible to have a thumbnail link to the newest comic page in the overview landing. Maybe a banner?
2nd Jan 2019, 6:48 PM #22
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
tell ya what, why don't you just invite me as an author (make sure to check the edit layout permissions box) and I'll take a look

I'm also wondering if it's possible to have a thumbnail link to the newest comic page in the overview landing. Maybe a banner?

Well, you can size down the image using HTML or you can manually upload a thumbnail via extra file upload, but we do not currently generate thumbnails for the comic pages

On once I was a king, I've also updated the overview page to actually show arrow navigation etc. now, like on the comic page, just with the blogs instead of the comments beneath them (and with a link that takes you to the comments for the latest comic). I can also give you those updates if you want to try em out
2nd Jan 2019, 6:54 PM #23
Lutztoons
Done! Thank you, Kyo!

I’d like to try out the overview page updates you mentioned. They sound good!
2nd Jan 2019, 7:16 PM #24
Kyo
🐊
alright, all done. let me know if you want anything changed
2nd Jan 2019, 7:50 PM #25
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
my favs are mixed of black, blue, pink and green :) they look good when they togeder
2nd Jan 2019, 7:58 PM #26
Lutztoons
Thank you, Kyo! It looks great!
4th Jan 2019, 4:02 AM #27
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
I sense clickbait.

Glad I fell for it XD
9th Jan 2019, 11:49 PM #28
...(RockB)

Registration date: 7th Jul 2016
Kyo:I apologize for deceiving you, I do not care about what your favorite color is at all

Then I won't tell you. Didn't read any further.
10th Jan 2019, 1:14 AM #29
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
Darn you! I like to tout that my favorite color is yellow (have you seen the page for Almighty Protectors?). It's a unique aspect about me, since it seems anybody else I come across can't stand it. But it's so bright and cheery...
"Question: Variable Or Condition Regarding First Or Last Blog", 14th Jan 2019, 8:38 PM #30
Snarkclaw

Registration date: 9th Oct 2014
Hello! Question about the blog!

Are there variables or conditions related to the first or last blog entries?

Similar to how
[c:isfirstcomic]
is the condition that the comic is the first comic,

or
[v:latestcomicimage]
identifies the URL of the image for the latest comic page.

Thanks in advance for your answer. :-)
15th Jan 2019, 7:36 AM #31
Kyo
🐊
on the blog display template, you can use [c:!prevbloglink] ... [/] to see if it's the first blog being displayed (the only one that does not have a link to a previous blog - maybe I should add a second condition with a more obvious name though)

similarly you can test with [c:!nextbloglink] ... [/] to see if you're displaying the latest blog.

on the overview, the latest blogs are actually inside a loop, so you can display more than one of the latest blogs. If you want to display only one, the first thing you need to do is head into your webcomic settings and change Number of blog posts shown on "Comic overview" to 1

then you can use the [l:latestblogs] ... [/] loop with all the usual loop variables for blogs, so basically your regular variables just with the l. at the start of their name
15th Jan 2019, 1:08 PM #32
Snarkclaw

Registration date: 9th Oct 2014
Kyo:on the blog display template, you can use [c:!prevbloglink] ... [/] to see if it's the first blog being displayed (the only one that does not have a link to a previous blog - maybe I should add a second condition with a more obvious name though)

similarly you can test with [c:!nextbloglink] ... [/] to see if you're displaying the latest blog.

I figured those out after I posted the question, so they seem obvious enough. ;-)

Thank you for your reply, and for all your hard work! :-)
7th Mar 2019, 1:38 AM #33
Seishin Hermy

Registration date: 2nd Nov 2018
I just came back from a hiatus and I'm really lost on where to shove all of this new code. It doesn't seem to be working as I hoped it would so I restored my previous layout... Kyo, still offering assistance with implementing this?

On my eternal quest for cookies.
8th Mar 2019, 12:14 AM #34
Kyo
🐊
sure, just invite me as an author (make sure to tick the box that says "Can edit layout?") and I'll get it set up for you
11th Mar 2019, 7:21 PM #35
Seishin Hermy

Registration date: 2nd Nov 2018
Thanks! Invite sent~

On my eternal quest for cookies.
16th Mar 2019, 1:25 AM #36
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Plz help Kyo, I'm dumb and probably won't be able to figure this out myself because my brain is peanut, I will invite you once I get the a-ok, please and big thank you big gator man
18th Mar 2019, 12:19 AM #37
Kyo
🐊
yeah sure go ahead and invite me - it might take me a few days to get around to it though, I'm a bit busy at the moment
18th Mar 2019, 4:14 AM #38
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Sent, noted. Thank you very much for your help!
Forum > News & Announcements > Opinion Poll: What's your favorite color? [important]
Pages: [1] [2]