Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - 2019 BLIND DATE Valentine's Crossover Exchange!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > 2019 BLIND DATE Valentine's Crossover Exchange!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [8]

"2019 BLIND DATE Valentine's Crossover Exchange!", 29th Dec 2018, 3:44 AM #1
HeSerpenty

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012

HEY everyone! It's that time of year again! WAIT a minute? "Blind Date" crossover exchange? What's THAT, Serpy? Well let me tell ya..

I was trying to think of how to make the V-day Crossover exchange different. Last year it occured to me..."IN LOVE 4"? That's four years of the SAME thing y'all. I know what you're thinking... if it ain't broke why fix it? Well..........I don't have a good answer for that I just wanna try something new. SO! It will either be really good or really bad!

SO HERE'S the deal!

This isn't like the crossover exchanges in the past. Everyone will be submitting 1-2 characters to enter the "Blind Date" pool....and once signups are closed the random pairings will begin! Instead of "Serpy is assigned to <enter comic name>" it will happen like "Serpy's character takes <other person's character> on a blind date." Does that make sense? What EVERYONE should do is read the comic from which that character is from and get to know that character-- exchanges are ALways more fun when you try to be true to the other person's character, but ESPECIALLY in a thing like this. A date doesn't have to be ROMANTIC, okay? It can be awkward. It can be friendly. Doesn't have to be kissy lovey mushy bleh. But it CAN be... if you want :P

Now...I know that when it comes to this sort of thing there are a lot of worries. My answer is...it's randomized! your poor characters don't get to pick who they have to go out with so it's not like any of this is canon. The way I see it... there's a lot of fun scenarios that can happen. USE YOUR CREATIVITY FOLKS. I'm tellin ya.

Now each character will be going on TWO dates on V-day (since you will be assigned a character and your character will also be assigned to someone else). I've thought about this. When I send you the PM with your assignments I will tell you your caracter will be going on either a "day time" or "night time" date. I'll give better instructions in the PM don't worry xD

OKAY enough chat.... let's talk about rules...

THE RULES:
1. RESPECT.-- I will be a huge stickler for respecting the other person's character in this exchange. If you do something degrading to them I won't post it. I'll make you redo it oooor I'll send it to a backup artist. I'm serious about this.
2. NO NSFW.-- Due to the sensitive nature of this subject matter, please don't draw anyone else's character in a NSFW type scenario. Keep it PG!
3. KNOW your limits!-- I'm letting you guys submit up to 2 characters....BUT PLEASE...that means you have to draw two different quality scenarios for blind dating. Think about your school, day jobs, own comic update schedule etc...and do NOT submit 2 characters just to back out. Please don't do it. If you MUST do it, give me plenty of notice. I'd hate to have to publicly call you out...which I will do if you drop off the earth and don't communicate with me.
4. HAVE FUN!-- The most important rule! After the first 3 XD. This is a fun thing everybody--I'm really excited about it. I hope you are too :3
5. GIVE ME NOTICE IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL!-- trust me, I know life happens. I won't punish anyone for that but you have to tell me as soon as you know. Please and thank you.

WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR EXCHANGE....

Please tell me the name of the character, the comic they are from, aand........ please fill out this little template I created for you! It'll help when I go to send out the PMs :3

(you don't have to draw a profile if you don't want...you can copy and paste from a panel of your comic if that's easier!)

Remember...two characters means two assignments. If you're busy, only submit one. :). I want these to look as nice as they can possibly look!

And I think that's about it! I'll probably remember stuff I forgot later X"D

IMPORTANT DATES:

* SIGNUPS CLOSE January 3rd
* ASSIGNMENTS SENT January 4th
* EXCHANGE PIECE DUE February 10th (that's over a month..and gives backup artists a couple days to save the day. But I'm gonna think the best of y'all!)
* EXCHANGE STARTS UPDATING February 14th! 12 am sharp (pacific time) in 10 minute intervals!

-----------

I'll Go ahead and kick this off. Follow this example if you would!

I'm submitting Hizruk from Serpents of Old

29th Dec 2018, 4:25 AM #2
LeRenardRoux
Scrabble Loser 🦊
Registration date: 27th Jul 2013
Location: at the bottom of a stair whose top is invisible with light
I won't have characters to submit (or a comic for anyone to read) by the deadline, so with Taily's permission, I'm kidnapping Faustus from Awkward Paws to participate in this exchange:

Mwahahaha
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
29th Dec 2018, 4:29 AM #3
Taily
Environment Knight
Registration date: 9th Mar 2010
Just popping in to confirm that I greenlit this, I'm renting out Faustus like an old pair of cheap skis, this is on the level.
29th Dec 2018, 4:48 AM #4
HeSerpenty

LeRenardRoux:I won't have characters to submit (or a comic for anyone to read) by the deadline, so with Taily's permission, I'm kidnapping Faustus from Awkward Paws to participate in this exchange:

Mwahahaha

LOL YUS

Any Comicfury character would be blessed to be paired with him! X'D

29th Dec 2018, 5:15 AM #5
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014

Mizuki Sato is from Super Galaxy Knights Deluxe R.
29th Dec 2018, 5:30 AM #6
Cartoonist_at_Large

Registration date: 26th Jul 2016
Okay. Yes. Definitely feeling this. I will sign on, just as soon as I've A) selected a character to inflict on the rest of the Comicfuryverse, and B) crammed them into the template and sent it in!
29th Dec 2018, 5:41 AM #7
HeSerpenty

Excellent! Yes! Bring on the characters guys! :3

29th Dec 2018, 5:44 AM #8
Jean_Q_Citizen

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Ah, what the heck...

Put my gal in.
29th Dec 2018, 5:53 AM #9
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016

I hope to have some new pages up by then :)
29th Dec 2018, 6:04 AM #10
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
As a romantic, I am definitely in on this! I am signing up Jekyll since Hyde always seems to get the girls. Besides, I imagine nerdy ol' Jekyll would make for good entertainment on a blind date with the right (or wrong) woman.

Jekyll is straight and monogamous with the high hopes of meeting the right woman to marry and have a family with. However, he is very open minded and is always open to meeting new friends as he is a friendly person. Plus, he is open minded. He does not expect or judge people for not being like them and he doesn't deem them as sinful either for simply not being like him. In fact, he's very progressive.

29th Dec 2018, 6:06 AM #11
SharpyTheYellowKirby
got away with it
Registration date: 27th May 2014
Oh what fun we are going to have.

29th Dec 2018, 6:43 AM #12
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
Well, last time I threw my hat into the ring, it was the Shark. Now it's the Princess's turn.
(I may have also used this as an opportunity to try more shading and lighting - still not satisfied.)

29th Dec 2018, 7:27 AM #13
E-hero Vulven
tells us a tale of e-bravery
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
Just filled a card out for fun. Time for bed.

29th Dec 2018, 7:42 AM #14
Cartoonist_at_Large

Registration date: 26th Jul 2016
Oh dear. We might have a bit of an uphill battle with this young lady....

And her home, of course, is here:

Cosmos!
29th Dec 2018, 7:47 AM #15
ProfEtheric
Dry Concrete
Registration date: 17th Aug 2014
Some people are going to have a handful with this one...

29th Dec 2018, 8:50 AM #16
HeSerpenty

Woo!!! A gorgeous pool so far! I'm so excited!

29th Dec 2018, 9:51 AM #17
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
29th Dec 2018, 11:12 AM #18
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
Woot! just in time for someone who just got their bonding chip implanted! >3

HMU!
29th Dec 2018, 1:47 PM #19
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Aw yes this sounds like so much fun :D Quite a lot of ladies so far, so I'll submit some guys.

Extra information:

29th Dec 2018, 2:27 PM #20
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
Ffion from The Strangest Coven would certainly be in favour of going on 2 dates for Valentines Day, so I'll put her forward.