Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - I'll draw your OCs as MMORPG characters

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > I'll draw your OCs as MMORPG characters
Pages: [1]

"I'll draw your OCs as MMORPG characters", 10 days ago, 4:00 AM #1
ClickMe2WinFREE-iPod
One millionth visitor
Registration date: 27th Jul 2016
I've been working on character designs for my own webcomic (you know, the one that I'll stop being hesitant over and start posting someday?) and I'm feeling like it's a good idea to get comfortable with drawing more detailed character art, since I'm used to drawing short comics. So I want to try drawing peoples OCs as fantasy MMO characters, basically because it's a convenient starting point for drawing complicated outfits and gear and stuff. :3

Post yours below! You can list some details if you want, like what weapon they'd have (if any) or what their class / style of outfit would be.

[Requests are open!]

Queue:
- Rani and Beren (Wartooth)
- Indie and Michael (Nyomi)
- Noah (princess_lom)
- Jekyll and Hyde (MK_Wizard)
-

Completed:
- Puarani (The Hidden Elephant)
- Flame Thrower (shastab24)
10 days ago, 4:05 AM #2
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
Go, Puarani!
A link to her reference page on dA.

I don't have any really good ideas for her save for her class. She'd be a sort of cleric, shaman or druid, especially relating to the ocean. That's a bit spoilery from down the line in my webcomic, but it's the best I can give right now.
10 days ago, 4:31 AM #3
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
I'll throw in a request for Flame Thrower because I'd love to see what she looks like in this vein:

(Spoilered because image is kinda big)
10 days ago, 4:32 AM #4
Wartooth
will never cave in to the enemy
Registration date: 23rd Mar 2017
Link because image doesn't work

You have already drawn them so feel free to ignore, but it's still fun to share since they are inspired by modern fantasy/video game classes ;)

Rani, on the left, is a Paladin with special life preserving abilities granted to her through her strong faith in god. She stereo-typically wields a giant gavel of justice that would be tricky to handle by the faithless or the weak. Passive: High defense, can heal others.

Beren, on the right, is a berserker of nordic background. Also known as barbarians in modern fantasy, this warrior prefers to be life-threateningly close with his enemies, dominantly wielding his dagger. Though he has yet to lose a battle against a beast, he has come close. Passive: Does more damage the closer he is to death.
10 days ago, 5:02 AM #5
Nyomi
Drum bum
Registration date: 15th Jun 2016
Yo, I'll upload 2 and let you choose between them! Pick whatever seems more fun!

Indie's a moron. Probably would try to be a mage because "magic is cool!" but then realize very quickly that she can't actually do it. Great as a warrior, terrible as a mage, too stubborn to quit.

Michael would probably be the opposite - he wants to be a warrior because swords are rad as hell, but is only really good at magic and has like, no physical capabilities whatsoever. Fire magic is rad, but Michael also burns himself. A lot.
10 days ago, 5:45 AM #6
ClickMe2WinFREE-iPod
One millionth visitor
TheHiddenElephant:Go, Puarani!

I don't have any really good ideas for her save for her class. She'd be a sort of cleric, shaman or druid, especially relating to the ocean. That's a bit spoilery from down the line in my webcomic, but it's the best I can give right now.

Added to the list! She's a unique character, it'll be interesting to design stuff for her.

shastab24:I'll throw in a request for Flame Thrower because I'd love to see what she looks like in this vein:

Also added! I feel like there are a lot of ways that her powers and backstory could translate to the MMO theme.

Wartooth:You have already drawn them so feel free to ignore, but it's still fun to share since they are inspired by modern fantasy/video game classes ;)

That's ok, it'll be cool to draw them again! They're pretty much perfectly designed for this topic, lol.

Nyomi:Yo, I'll upload 2 and let you choose between them! Pick whatever seems more fun!

These are fun descriptions, I'm thinking of doing both. :D

Ok, the queue is filled so I'll go ahead and work on these. Thanks for offering your characters!
6 days ago, 12:27 AM #7
ClickMe2WinFREE-iPod
One millionth visitor
Alright, here's my rendition of Puarani!

So, she's a water druid! I had originally planned to give her kind of a Minoan motif, but I realized that the Minoan aesthetic tends to be a little... dolphin-y, so she ended up with a more Pacific Northwest / Pacific Island look. I guess what a water druid actually does is up to interpretation, so she's doing a water-bender type thing here and showing off those arm tattoos. Hopefully it turned out ok!

I'm almost done with Flame Thrower btw, I just have to finish up the coloring on her.
6 days ago, 12:41 AM #8
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
NOAH

3 days ago, 11:49 PM #9
ClickMe2WinFREE-iPod
One millionth visitor
princess_lom:NOAH

Added him to the list ^_^

Here's Flame Thrower! Sorry it took a bit longer than expected, I was busy since school started again.

Well she's a fire mage. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I kind of feel like she'd have fire-based powers? Idk, just a guess. :3 Also since she studies languages, she has a tome and an arm band with mysterious runes. I hope you like it!

(I finally figured out how to do shading with a Multiply layer while working on this... It's a lot more convenient than choosing the tones by hand)
2 days ago, 12:00 AM #10
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
I think it looks awesome!
2 days ago, 12:24 AM #11
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
How about Jekyll and Hyde? I'm curious as to what the pair would be like!
2 days ago, 12:56 AM #12
ClickMe2WinFREE-iPod
One millionth visitor
Sure! It'll be interesting to adapt them for this.

This is turning out to be pretty good drawing practice, so I removed the limit of 4 requests at a time on the queue. Anyone who wants to post a character can do so, although it may take a while to get through the requests if there are a ton of them. I'll close it later on if I need to spend time drawing other stuff, but it's open for now!