Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Business Cards and/or Physical Copies of Your Comics?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Business Cards and/or Physical Copies of Your Comics?
Pages: [1]

"Business Cards and/or Physical Copies of Your Comics?", 10 days ago, 3:49 PM #1
Kourtney

Registration date: 27th Dec 2018
Does anyone here give out/sell physical printed copies of their work anywhere? Or does anyone here have business cards with links to their comic series made for distribution?

I'm considering going this route to gain more exposure.
10 days ago, 3:53 PM #2
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I know how to get them. The problem is that I can't afford them.
10 days ago, 4:05 PM #3
AngryRob
your least favorite rob
Registration date: 25th Aug 2009
I do both. Vista Print is a pretty good place to get business cards, they usually have decent sales on cards. For the comics I use Ka-Blam, they're pretty good, they'll do print on demand and small runs.
10 days ago, 4:07 PM #4
joeyballast
let himself go
Registration date: 12th Oct 2014
When I do conventions I hand out business cards with every print I sell.

A link to my comic is on the card, but I don't sell my comic in any way. It's more of an 'oh, and I do a comic, too'.

You can find super cheap business card printing online. Vistaprint has decent specials at times. Most brick and mortar stores (particularly chains) will charge extravagant prices.
10 days ago, 4:36 PM #5
Kourtney

AngryRob:I do both. Vista Print is a pretty good place to get business cards, they usually have decent sales on cards. For the comics I use Ka-Blam, they're pretty good, they'll do print on demand and small runs.

Ka-Blam, you say? I'll have to check that out.

As for Vista Print, I KNOW they're good. I used them last year to print out business cards for my solo music channel on YouTube.
10 days ago, 4:38 PM #6
AngryRob
your least favorite rob
Registration date: 25th Aug 2009
yeah, Ka-Blam is great if you don't have a lot of money to put into printing. You can sell the comic on their site Indyplanet without having to put a single dollar in. They'll print on demand. You set the price of the book and they just take the printing cost from the sale total.
10 days ago, 8:59 PM #7
Timelapse11
goes fast
Registration date: 14th May 2017
I have both, although, I haven't managed to sell any copies of Surge, and I keep forgetting to have my business cards on me so, I can never give them to people.
9 days ago, 10:14 AM #8
KAM

Registration date: 24th Sep 2013
I made up a bunch of business cards and bookmarks for my comic, and actually did a couple for some friends with comics. I just printed them out on my home printer so they're not as sturdy as a professional business card, but they work.

The first collection of my webcomic is for sale at Lulu.com... and less than ten have been bought. *video game failure music*
9 days ago, 3:07 PM #9
Alicia the Bard

Registration date: 5th Aug 2013
I have both. I've been doing business cards for a while (via Vista Print) and hand them out, but I also leave some on community boards at local stores and any convention I go to, I drop some off on the catch-all table that has other cards and the sorts. It's been a good at keeping a relatively steady flow of traffic during Messenger's run and even after.

I just got Messenger printed so now I have physical books. I can sell them online and also at conventions. I used RA Comics Direct. The quality is nice, and they were super amazing to work with. The turn-around time was quick and they were always punctual through the process. They can do print orders as low as 25 books per order. When I was debating, I compared them to Ka-Blam and minus the fact that Ka-Blam can do as little as one or two copies; the prices were about the same for a set of 25 full colored books at 164 pages per book.
Story Completed!
9 days ago, 3:27 PM #10
Kourtney

KAM:I made up a bunch of business cards and bookmarks for my comic, and actually did a couple for some friends with comics. I just printed them out on my home printer so they're not as sturdy as a professional business card, but they work.

The first collection of my webcomic is for sale at Lulu.com... and less than ten have been bought. *video game failure music*

Hell, you made money off your work? That's not a failure!
8 days ago, 11:26 AM #11
KAM

Registration date: 24th Sep 2013
But I didn't make money (well, not yet). The money I've made is still less than the money I spent.

The main problem was I made a color version of the book as well as the B&W and the printing costs for color were around around five times as much as the B&W, so buying my author's copy really increased the amount to make up.

Something for cartoonists to think about when planning to print a book.

Anyway, not sure how many will find this interesting and/or can afford it, but Alterna Comics has a Printing Partner Program. Haven't compared it to any other printers out there, but it's another option.
Pages: [1]