Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Which of Your OCs Do You Identify With the Most?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Which of Your OCs Do You Identify With the Most?
Pages: [1] [2]

"Which of Your OCs Do You Identify With the Most?", 12 days ago, 8:23 PM #1
Kourtney

Registration date: 27th Dec 2018
Which of your webcomic series characters was most modeled after you?

Well, for me, my series Deathdaggers has a dual protagonist system going on for a reason. That reason being is that the two main characters, Sarah and Rebecca Deathdagger, represent two halves of my own self.

One the one hand, there's Sarah Deathdagger, who is arrogant, fiery, self-confident, and desiring to steal the show. She's basically me when I'm in a good mood.

On the other hand, there's her twin Rebecca Deathdagger. She is cold, introverted, and dour. Basically me when I'm NOT in a good mood.
12 days ago, 8:33 PM #2
Xailenrath
unfeathered yet airborne
Registration date: 26th Sep 2014
Too easy! 'Octavius' from Shrimp Fried Riot/My Own Personal Apocalypse (by way of 'Xailenrath Comics Presents) IS me, in all my (only slightly exaggerated) effed-up glory!

12 days ago, 8:34 PM #3
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
Oh lordy, Merlow for sure.

Merlow was my first DnD character, so he's got a lot of me in him; friendly, approachable, sensitive, passionate, and struggling internally but just wanting everyone to have a good time.
12 days ago, 11:30 PM #4
Dyohna

Registration date: 20th Feb 2015
Berry, definitely. I didn't make any self insert characters but I relate to Berry's social struggles specifically.

(picture of him being pleasantly surprised by raspberry filling)

-He gets very stiff when he talks to new people/introverted
-Messes up everything all the time with his awkwardness/clumsiness
-Comes off as stoic/bored but isn't at all

Stuff we don't have in common tho-
-He's easily flustered
-Avoids openly disagreeing with people
-Will go along with pretty much anything if you ask him

But most of all I will not be happy to find that something has raspberry filling >:(
12 days ago, 11:45 PM #5
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
Kelsey -Nutty- P.:Oh lordy, Merlow for sure.

Merlow was my first DnD character, so he's got a lot of me in him; friendly, approachable, sensitive, passionate, and struggling internally but just wanting everyone to have a good time.

Thats crazy, I thought I felt a bit of DnD in your writing, big fan?
12 days ago, 11:49 PM #6
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
The one I relate to most is Supertrans, since she's supposed to be me with super powers. However, that was the problem. I just wasn't interested in her, since I don't find myself interesting.

But of characters not explicitly based on me (and that excludes the protagonist of my first ever webcomic, Nova Schmidt, since she was a what if for me if I'd come out in high school, just with a different name--the comic was called Comfortably Numb, if anybody's interested; a poorly drawn mess of a gag comic I didn't even get very far into before abandoning because college was taking all my time away), I would think then the one that I relate to most is Split, who I created for the Pride High message boards. I grafted a lot of my personality from high school onto her. In fact, this practice is something I'm trying to take some measure to undo with Flame Thrower, from my main comic of Almighty Protectors, as I really don't want so many of my characters to be similar, and I really don't want Flame Thrower to be just me with red hair and freckles. Also, I want her to be interesting, so going away from my personality would be better.
12 days ago, 11:49 PM #7
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
Definately my man Nemisis T. We both have a ego that'll make Beyonce jealous

12 days ago, 11:53 PM #8
Caley Tibbittz Collopy
Sword dude
Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
Jack Dawson and James Barrington. They're my anti-Gary-Stus-Mary-Sues, in that I modeled them on me physically and they each have about half of my personality (one severe, one silly) but they're both horrible cunty dickish douchebag jerkfaces because I more or less hate myself like how that one Cherry Poppin' Daddies song starts, so they often do terrible things instead of just being nice and saving the damn day.

...a lot of what went into Kathryn and Erica and even elements of Julia and MacKnight have been taken/borrowed from me, but generally with more outside influences mixed in; of them, Kathryn is the most like me, but she's such a blend -- a dash of Wonder Woman (yawn), a cup of my ex-wife's mental problems, some stern-yet-slightly-irrational Capt. Janeway, etc.

So, yeah. Jack and James. My Yin and Yang.
12 days ago, 11:53 PM #9
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
Definitely Hugh.

It's startlingly easy to write someone with crippling self-doubt.
12 days ago, 11:57 PM #10
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
The character the most like me isn't in anything yet, but I think most of my characters have at least something in common with me. Yeah, especially even the ones who suck.

I guess Nate and Seb are sorta like two different sides of me? Nate's a short, skinny, weird looking little goblin. He's also awkward as heck, and has the part of my outlook that's all 'be nice to people all the time, and always do the right thing and it'll pay off. Always be honest about emotions, because they are humanising.'

Seb's quieter, more of an introvert and reads. He has the part of my outlook/aproach that's like 'people are usually terrible, always be skeptical and logical about everything. Stiff upper lip, emotions are signs of weakness.' I might be overthinking it, but I feel like emotionally he and I are quite similar. Sometimes I can feel quite numb. And the funny thing is I'm pretty sure to others I'd seem more like Nate, very expressive.

Twitter
11 days ago, 12:13 AM #11
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Kitty.
Because she's pretty, wanted and naked all the time and I'm none of those. :^) She's also dumb and I'm dumb! Yay!
11 days ago, 12:30 AM #12
argylefox

Registration date: 11th Jul 2014
Max from Indifferently Evil. He's tall, slouchy, a big dufus, obsessed with zombies and was literally based off of me.
11 days ago, 12:31 AM #13
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
My OCs def reflect what I want (for better or worse) more than what I am. Or, in the case of Rethe, what I wanted at 14, and how dumb I think that is at 25. The culture in Rethe treats working yourself to death honorable and beautiful. Rous buys in 100% because I was a dumb kid. Vedya thinks it's BS, because I know I was a dumb kid.
11 days ago, 1:12 AM #14
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
Kourtney:Which of your webcomic series characters was most modeled after you?

Well, for me, my series Deathdaggers has a dual protagonist system going on for a reason. That reason being is that the two main characters, Sarah and Rebecca Deathdagger, represent two halves of my own self.

One the one hand, there's Sarah Deathdagger, who is arrogant, fiery, self-confident, and desiring to steal the show. She's basically me when I'm in a good mood.

On the other hand, there's her twin Rebecca Deathdagger. She is cold, introverted, and dour. Basically me when I'm NOT in a good mood.

That’s funny, because that’s how I’ve always been describing my two titular characters. Two halves of myself that just translated better as two different people. I can relate to or sympathize with pretty much every character I’ve created. Kat/Sunstrike being the impulsive, outgoing, loud, “wears everything on her sleeve” type, and Evan/Bluemist being the much more cautious one, who is quiet and introverted; bottles things up for way too long.

Both are very sensitive but respond in very different ways. Kat will react instantly, expressing her emotions loudly and emphatically. Evan will also react emotionally but only when no one is around. Evan only lashes out when he is pushed beyond his limits, but this is very rare and when he does it it is very scary.

If I had to say which character is most like me, I’d have to say Kat, because she acts pretty much just like I do only more impulsively and probably more compassionately.

Evan doesn’t act so much like me in some ways, but I can almost always relate to how he feels.

Merged Doublepost:

MistakeNPotatoes:Definitely Hugh.

It's startlingly easy to write someone with crippling self-doubt.

Ya got that right. It’s so much harder to write a nice cheerful person and not make them boring. It takes me freakin’ years to write the nicer characters.
11 days ago, 1:16 AM #15
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
Sara from my comic Re:Eclipse

She is so emotional as me :) and she will do everything for her kids like I would. She is little more badass than me xD

11 days ago, 1:43 AM #16
Chernobog

Registration date: 5th Jun 2012
Fantastical elements aside, Ahab Morgan from Arachnid Goddess is based strongly on myself, which is probably not something I should take a great deal of pride in. So, that's a thing.

Arachnid Goddess 2

My DeviantArt page
11 days ago, 2:13 AM #17
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I have to admit that it is a combination of both Jekyll and Hyde in different ways. Jekyll embodies the part of me that is shy and hates confrontation. Hyde embodies my temper and fear of being used.
11 days ago, 2:42 AM #18
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
Wow I didn’t know this was so common. I love it. :)
11 days ago, 3:20 AM #19
ProfEtheric
Dry Concrete
Registration date: 17th Aug 2014
I hope no one reads too much into this, since I just did some horrible things to this character, but the character I identify with the most in Autumn Bay is probably Agent Thomas Johnson. He's the one always looking for, and making the connections with and to, the answers, the hidden knowledge.

There's also Nesariel, for reasons. :)
11 days ago, 2:09 PM #20
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
By far not a complete match, but I'd say that Tarik is the most like me...