Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Hey y'all you should check out this great charity stream on twitch

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > News & Announcements > Hey y'all you should check out this great charity stream on twitch
Pages: [1]

"Hey y'all you should check out this great charity stream on twitch", 21st Jan 2019, 1:52 AM #1
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
So first of all, this isn't really related to CF if the title hadn't made that clear, I'm just giving a shout out

Anyway so you may know graham lineham from TV series father ted as well as the IT crowd. well lately all he's been doing with his time is being a big old piece of shit to trans people on twitter, going as far as getting people to prevent the Mermaids Charity from getting a grant from the UK national lottery.
Well, local youtuber hbomberguy is running a charity stream beating donkey kong 64 for charity money to counterbalance his shittiness, and it really blew up. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Chelsea Manning even popped into in, it's definitely worth checking out and give some money if you can! It's been going for over 50 hours now and they've already gotten up to 270k, pretty incredible.

Also they got the original donkey kong VA to say "trans rights" in the donkey kong voice

have a great day, end of announcement
21st Jan 2019, 6:54 AM #2
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
I've been following its activity on twitter, utterly floored by all the support. It just so unreal.

Maybe 2019 won't be so bad after all. This is definitely a nice sign.
21st Jan 2019, 6:57 AM #3
Kyo
🐊
Yeah it's been incredible, fishy and I have been following it as well. The stream's ending now, so I feel a bit silly for announcing it so late. Oh well!
21st Jan 2019, 7:04 AM #4
wren
formerly ehcuat
Registration date: 8th May 2011
a us legislator came on a donkey kong 64 twitch stream to shout "trans rights", 2019 is wild

it's cool that hbomberguy has blown up like he did, he used to post on SA back in like 08-09 and has always seemed like a super nice dude to me.

Merged Doublepost:

also i just want to say how absurd it is to try and 101% donkey kong 64 in one sitting apparently without a guide, last i checked the current world record speed run is still about 7 hours long
21st Jan 2019, 7:16 AM #5
Eli Cosmanis

Registration date: 8th Apr 2018
"original donkey kong VA"
from the cg cartoon?
21st Jan 2019, 7:21 AM #6
Kyo
🐊
grant kirkhope, the one for the n64 game (that he was playing) - he also did a bunch of the music
21st Jan 2019, 7:21 AM #7
Fishy
Smoocher
Registration date: 24th Dec 2011
Donated before it ended while I was at work !!! So happy this is a great start to the year love it
5th Feb 2019, 5:58 PM #8
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
It makes me so happy when I see this and it confirms that my belief in the human race is not in vain. We are good and we want to be good.
17th Feb 2019, 10:49 PM #9
RJDG14

Registration date: 23rd Sep 2014
Father Ted is definitely a great series.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
Forum > News & Announcements > Hey y'all you should check out this great charity stream on twitch
Pages: [1]