Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Blog-like social medias? [rip tumblr refernced]

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Blog-like social medias? [rip tumblr refernced]
Pages: [1]

"Blog-like social medias? [rip tumblr refernced]", 5th Feb 2019, 11:05 PM #1
kevintheradioguy

Registration date: 5th Feb 2019
So, since tumblr apocalypse, I was kind of left without any place to blog in and throw my artworks at. I feel like my own free speech if in danger, as well as any artworks that might be even mildly suggestive, would be taken down, which is not something I want from my blog. Most of the commissions I do are of adult content, and I am usually (when not tightly monitored) harsh and swearing due to mental condition.

Anywhoo, I have been looking into different social medias that would bye a good substitute for tumblr to just rant in and throw random scribbles as well, but thus far I can see whether one or another; not to mention many have a taboo on anything adult. I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions about any media that would have similar bloggy services like tumblr had before selling out?
5th Feb 2019, 11:17 PM #2
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I wouldn't leave Tumblr. Give the new one a chance for the following you have at least. Though you can also post on Pinterest and Instagram.
5th Feb 2019, 11:29 PM #3
kevintheradioguy

I'm afraid I just cannot post. Everything that's been going on with my art life was (and mostly is) nsfw ever since then, so I need a new platform.
In fact, that was my nsfw blog there, on the contrary to DA.
6th Feb 2019, 12:29 AM #4
cooks

Registration date: 1st Oct 2015
Most people I know who do nsfw migrated to twitter and formed niche communities there. I'm not a fan of twitter, but it's a popular platform for artists.

There's pillowfort that has been developing for a couple of years to be a tumblr alternative, with toggles to mark posts as nsfw and nsfw communities. But it's not released for the general public yet and you have to apply to be on the waiting list. I've been a user there for awhile and it's slowly growing.
I know a friend who went to Newgrounds to post their nsfw art there.

After the tumblr apocalypse many people jumped to the opportunity of creating a tumblr alternative that accepts nsfw, but they either haven't succeeded or they're still in the process of launching. I didn't keep track of any so it requires digging around.
7th Feb 2019, 11:15 PM #5
megamaster

Registration date: 23rd Jul 2010
It's not the best, but I've been using instagram more. It's easy to share snapshots of my work or snippets of my thoughts
Two weeks ago, 12:09 AM #6
kevintheradioguy

It's not allowing nsfw tho :c
Two weeks ago, 1:18 AM #7
SarahSophia
in the top percentile of cool kidz
Registration date: 30th Oct 2015
MK_Wizard:I wouldn't leave Tumblr. Give the new one a chance for the following you have at least.

I know your spirit is in the right place, MK, but, I think, this isn't fair of you when one posts NSFW material, which CAN NOT BE POSTED ON TUMBLR ! There is no option to "give it a chance". This is simply the latest time, of many, that you have asked NSFW artists not to abandon tumblr. I'm not understanding what you expect them to do when they, literally, can't post their material on tumblr.
"Mastodon", Two weeks ago, 2:31 AM #8
Snarkclaw

Registration date: 9th Oct 2014
Many NSFW creators went to Mastodon.

Mastodon is more like Twitter than like Tumblr, but allows more characters per post and is decentralized.

There is no one Mastodon site; there are many different ones, but most give users access to the full Fediverse.
10 days ago, 2:12 AM #9
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
I don't know how most people feel about it, but I have a Word Press blog. Since it was only $10 extra to tag onto my partener's site, I have my own domain name. But I think they have a free version that's just nested under the wordpress umbrella. There seem to be no restrictions on what you post on your blog.

Not just self promoting, here's what I'm talking about: Blog.

It may be you need to find your own site and then just participate on the Tumblr/whatever place you used to forum. Or redirect any followers from Tumblr to your new site. If I had that issue, I think that's how I'd handle it.

I hope that's helpful.

10 days ago, 4:05 AM #10
Bandkanon

Registration date: 25th Feb 2011
I would suggest Pillowfort, but it's still in its infancy and still using the .io suffix, which apparently blockades it from allowing nsfw. They did say that they would be looking to switch to something other than .io in the future, but at the time it's not at the top of their list of priorities.

The only other suggestion I can offer is Mastodon. Snarkclaw already suggested it, so I'm just gonna second it. Mastodon is a really good option for freedom of content, and it's all the rage with the cool kids recently. So it's a win-win deal.
Forum > General discussion > Blog-like social medias? [rip tumblr refernced]
Pages: [1]