Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The Room of Scrutiny (Illustrated OC Question Thread)

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > The Room of Scrutiny (Illustrated OC Question Thread)
Pages: [1] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95]

8 days ago, 1:20 AM #1861
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
8 days ago, 2:25 AM #1862
Dyohna

Registration date: 20th Feb 2015
@Stilldown
8 days ago, 11:06 AM #1863
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
Marzipan may play a dangerous game here.
8 days ago, 11:47 AM #1864
Dyohna

Now that is very interesting.
Marzipan would love to tap into this unlimited magical output since he can't create it himself, only take from others. His storage is almost unlimited too. If Ariane breaks now, the magic unleashed wouldn't hurt the other people in the room because he'd be detaining it... But you'd be giving a terrible tyrant unlimited power >:O Stay strong, Ariane!
One week ago, 7:21 PM #1865
Stilldown

So far no reason to be alarmed, although things could come worse later.

One week ago, 7:55 PM #1866
Dyohna

LOL Gross! XD He can't take magic without touching the source. So if he'd made contact with Ariane all the residual magic would be absorbed. Also Sherbet will definitely squish those bugs... Is that too gross to draw?

Merged Doublepost:

Something like that
One week ago, 10:34 PM #1867
Stilldown

P.S. Even if he touches her, there will be some energy lost due to entropy, but he could absorb a much higher rate.
One week ago, 11:56 PM #1868
Dyohna

Since Ariane went unconscious he can't tap into that big power bank anymore (darn) but he can still take what's left that's been irritating her for right now. Maybe she'll have a nice dream :) And beyond that I think Marzipan doesn't hate her
6 days ago, 12:18 PM #1869
Stilldown

And I have no iea who's the friendly guy in the dream.

Dyohna:Image

Since Ariane went unconscious he can't tap into that big power bank anymore (darn) but he can still take what's left that's been irritating her for right now. Maybe she'll have a nice dream :) And beyond that I think Marzipan doesn't hate her

Even if she is conscious, he has only access to the energy stored in Ariane's own capacity, which she has to refill from the MBE. (Which only works at certain places, and with different limits of speed, loading capacity, etc.)

Ariane can use magic energy directly from the MBE or her own capacity (PC, personal capacity) as she wish, while Marzipan is limited to magic energy that he can drain from other people's PC to add to his own PC (minus some entropy, which isn't huge if he has direct bodily contact.) There might be a bit more loss if he has to "clean" the energy, but not a huge loss either.
6 days ago, 3:33 PM #1870
Dyohna

I was thinking about it like a flow of water rushing to fill a container. Like if Ariane was being drained then the MBE would rush to put the power back thus having a direct flow that Marzipan could intercept. Even if its not a steady flow, he's basically commanding the magic to flow through Ariane and then through him like a vacuum. (His absorption isn't passive, its active and quite intrusive.) Her unconsciousness makes it difficult to access the MBE since it can't actively move through her anymore (I assume) so then its only her PC he can take. Otherwise it would be very painful for Ariane to keep syphoning negative power through her while she's unconscious.
6 days ago, 4:00 PM #1871
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
Stilldown:So far no reason to be alarmed, although things could come worse later.

Sorry I've been away from the thread for a while, but this is too funny. I have to make a response, lol.
6 days ago, 4:05 PM #1872
Stilldown

Dyohna:I was thinking about it like a flow of water rushing to fill a container. Like if Ariane was being drained then the MBE would rush to put the power back thus having a direct flow that Marzipan could intercept. Even if its not a steady flow, he's basically commanding the magic to flow through Ariane and then through him like a vacuum. (His absorption isn't passive, its active and quite intrusive.) Her unconsciousness makes it difficult to access the MBE since it can't actively move through her anymore (I assume) so then its only her PC he can take. Otherwise it would be very painful for Ariane to keep syphoning negative power through her while she's unconscious.

It is just my personal model, so you don't have to follow it, but I imagine it that way: Ariane does not refill her magic storage automatically, she must drain from the MBE (if available after all!) in a willful magic act. It's like opening a tap in the diagram below. So if her reservoir is empty, Marzipan couldn't get any more out of her even by force - it's like sucking an empty bottle.

Merged Doublepost:

mightguy15:Sorry I've been away from the thread for a while, but this is too funny. I have to make a response, lol.

Haha, I like to see it!
5 days ago, 3:56 AM #1873
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
Stilldown:So far no reason to be alarmed, although things could come worse later.

A bit rushed, sorry about that.
5 days ago, 11:24 AM #1874
NiaNook
not the one who meowed (?)
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Pardon
5 days ago, 5:10 PM #1875
Dyohna

It's a special song that can put wild beasts to sleep, go figure
5 days ago, 10:17 PM #1876
Stilldown

mightguy15:Image

A bit rushed, sorry about that.

Hahaha. his big chance. I still hope someone will edit all pictures into one big comic (or at least writes a summary.)

But for the question, I omitted a word. Of course Ritchie says Ariane usually does the singing.

5 days ago, 10:34 PM #1877
SupermarketCordyceps

Registration date: 31st Oct 2018

For reference, to those who don't know what fennec foxes sound like... (warning: loud)

PS: Sorry for sabotaging your character's song Dyohna...
5 days ago, 10:55 PM #1878
Stilldown

P.S. An explaination.

5 days ago, 10:57 PM #1879
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013

mightguy15, Isae is ginger haired not black haired xD
4 days ago, 1:39 AM #1880
Dyohna

@SupermarketCordyceps Don't worry we can improv!

Dance party!