Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The OC tournament battle thread!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > The OC tournament battle thread!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

"The OC tournament battle thread!", 8th Mar 2019, 5:07 AM #1
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018

This will function similarly to the OC discussion thread started by the awsome NiaNook!

To participate, all you have to do is draw your character attacking and other artist will build off of your image!

Crude artwork is to be expected, please do not fret over art quality.
Also, while one vs one battles are encouraged, this tournament is considered a free for all. As many fighters can be in the ring as necessary, so gang battles, one vs ones, or one vs gangs, everything goes!

Please leave your character and a brief description of their abilities below, once we reach a minimum of 6 opposing combatants *excluding my own of course*, the tournament will begin.

There is no particular time or character limit, as many OCs can be entered as needed.

Rules are, first character to be knocked out or kicked out of the ring gets disqualified*it's a big ring*. Killing isn't discouraged, but cover this with your opponents creator first *I understand some creators enjoy scripting villains that show no mercy*.

mightguy15's Defending champs:

Bo Baxton Wong (ability: super strength, blood manipulation abilities including paralasis, blade creation, and giving blood energy manipulative abilities that dissolves matter. Slow healing factor. Master martial artist)

Weakness: Brain damage causes stagnation and grogginess. Poor battle strategist, slow attacks almost entirely rely on paralysis of enemies from his blood. Hates actually participating and when offered doughnuts, may offer to kick mightguy15s' ass instead.

Tsokaka (ability: Is a human prime, thus has super strength, perception and speed. Can also transform into an ape-like state that amplifies his power.

weakness: Can only go full power for a certain time period. Is a complete idiot, can't read battle strategies at all and relies solely on brute force.
Will the octopus man: (ability: Can change his shape and size. Utilizes a bunch of homeade gadgets including smoke bombs, stink grenades, and ghost pepper sauce slingshot rounds. Impressively potent stratagist. Uses elf friend to cast healing, hallucinogenic and low level offensive spells.

Weakness: Pain, any form will make him damn near cry. No enhanced abilities.
Nemesis T: Super speed, can manipulate body and transform into diffrent shapes and sizes, has blades for arms.

Weakness: Is extremely weak if you can keep up with his speed. Low endurance. Mediocre battle strategist.
Rin: Immortal vampire, weaker blood manipulative abilities of Baxton, but still quite potent. Can create rifts and portals from other dimensions. Can pull energy from a near infinite amount of dimensions. Excellent combat strategist.

Weakness: Impalement, blood loss, easily fatigued.
B.O.B.: Made of liquid and can create bubbles of varying tangibility of his control. Mediocre martial artist.

Weakness: Horrible combat strategist, heat, doesn't actually like fighting and will occasionally get distracted mid-fight

Note: My characters are all heros, and will not kill any of your OCs, however, you are more than welcome to kill them if you feel your OCs is capable.

Combatants thus far:

1.Jess the inferno (Ability: Can utilize fire as well as fire projectiles and has super strength.)

2.Sunstrike: Yellow-Force-fields, energy-punches, Electric shocks, extreme compassion

3.Bluemist: intangibility (phasing), X-ray vision, mimicry, martial arts, extreme Defense mechanism
8th Mar 2019, 5:21 AM #2
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
(So how does this work? Do we just namedrop our OCs and wait for some sort of start signal? Is it like a combat version of this thread?)
8th Mar 2019, 5:31 AM #3
mightguy15

That's the plan, I'm planning on uploading an image with a list that will let people put thier OC's names on it. Make sure your OC's abilities and powers are transparent too, that way there is no confusion as to what your opposition will be up against. In fact I should edit that in the description lol.
8th Mar 2019, 5:37 AM #4
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Jess The Inferno will enter. She shoots fire and has super strength.

8th Mar 2019, 5:42 AM #5
mightguy15

The Letter M:Jess The Inferno will enter. She shoots fire and has super strength.

Ill add her in!
8th Mar 2019, 5:49 AM #6
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
I’ll add Sunstrike and Bluemist but I don’t have any crude artwork for this thread yet!

Sunstrike: Yellow-Force-fields, energy-punches, Electric shocks, extreme compassion

Bluemist: intangibility (phasing), X-ray vision, mimicry, martial arts, extreme Defense mechanism

The thread says anything goes but I’d appreciate it if nobody tries to sexually harass my OCs or anything like that, but feel free to beat ‘em up
8th Mar 2019, 5:52 AM #7
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
This sounds like it could be hilarious lol, i'll add Sin to the list for now. He has the power to control animals. Also I'll add Incubus, it's not techniclly magic but he's basically a Sith Lord and a magician on steroids, so for simplicity you can just say he's a really powerful magician of sorts! (I'll imgs later)
8th Mar 2019, 6:08 AM #8
mightguy15

ShaRose49:I’ll add Sunstrike and Bluemist but I don’t have any crude artwork for this thread yet!

Sunstrike: Yellow-Force-fields, energy-punches, Electric shocks, extreme compassion

Bluemist: intangibility (phasing), X-ray vision, mimicry, martial arts, extreme Defense mechanism

The thread says anything goes but I’d appreciate it if nobody tries to sexually harass my OCs or anything like that, but feel free to beat ‘em up

Awsome, they are in

Merged Doublepost:

Sovember:This sounds like it could be hilarious lol, i'll add Sin to the list for now. He has the power to control animals. Also I'll add Incubus, it's not techniclly magic but he's basically a Sith Lord and a magician on steroids, so for simplicity you can just say he's a really powerful magician of sorts! (I'll imgs later)

Gotcha, I'll add him in as well! Thanks for taking part

Merged Doublepost:

ShaRose49:I’ll add Sunstrike and Bluemist but I don’t have any crude artwork for this thread yet!

Is it ok if I use images from your character profile to use in the post?
8th Mar 2019, 6:21 AM #9
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
I'm possibly interested in this. But, I do have a whole team of characters, so I want to ponder whether I want to include them all, just some, or just one (or if I want to go overboard and include characters from comics on hiatus, too--not likely, so sorry to Karabear Comics Unlimited fans).
8th Mar 2019, 6:28 AM #10
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
Hmm... well, I wanted to put Mizuki in, but I don't think people will want to read through a five-page document on her exact abilities and limitations.

So instead, here's the characters who would look the least out of place in the Cell Games Arena!

- - - - -

First is Pejiba Va-Wuwa. She has a great vertical leap, but is otherwise fairly weak physically (almost as if she was malnourished for most of her life).

Her magic ability is plasma. Pejiba can shoot out plasma in various forms, each with different uses.
-Her standard plasma balls don't cause much injury to opponents, but they're powerful enough to push a full-size adult through a concrete wall.
-Her second technique is called Homing Attack. Pejiba moves her arms rapidly into different poses, then shoots out six plasma balls that home in on opponents. She doesn't use this technique super often due to the startup time (about two seconds).
-Her third technique is called The Lover's Disk. Based on her husband's ability, Pejiba compresses her plasma into a disk that allows her to slice through solid steel.
-Finally, Pejiba has the Knockoff Cannon. Pejiba crouches down and charges, then shoots out a devastating beam of plasma. The beam has a range of 1000 feet, but will be stopped by any solid object it hits. The damage this beam does depends on how angry Pejiba is - at her angriest, she is able to burn a human to a crisp. However, Pejiba is only able to do this technique around three times per day before she has to sleep and recharge her energy.

- - - - -

Second is a character I don't have art for yet, because she hasn't appeared in comic (and technically never will, as she's going to be a side story-exclusive). Her name is The Kleptomagical Omnigenetic Man-Eating Bugperson - but she tends to go by Komb for short. Her description in-universe is as follows-

Ok, so you know the Xenomorph from Alien, right? Take that, but color it a navy blue, with mauve spots in a dalmatian pattern. Make the ribs and an area around the pelvic region a nice burgundy, so that it kind of looks like it's wearing a tank top and underwear. Its feet are more frog-like, and instead of those tube things it has large bird wings coming out of its back. Finally, there are dozens of eyes going up and down the side of the monster's head, each one a different shape and size.

She's seven feet tall, and can fly using the wings on her back (though not for too long, as she's not particularly aerodynamic). She's also surprisingly competent physically, with roughly the physical strength and durability of a tank.

Komb was created by a mad and incredibly stupid scientist named Dr. Togotha. To create her, Dr. Togotha mixed together DNA from as many powerful magic-users as he could find - and because of this, she has the ability to copy any magic ability she sees at double the power. Dr. Togotha also mixed in some of his own DNA, granting Komb his intelligence, thus making her unable to read or do basic math.

Komb is also dying - specifically, each organ in her body decays after existing for around two hours due to her high magic level (her organs fail faster if she uses a lot of magic power). She mitigates this issue by eating people. When she eats someone's organs, she adds their tissue to her own, keeping her alive for a little bit longer. If she ever manages to eat someone whose organ tissue never fails (e.g. someone immortal, or someone with a healing factor), she will completely merge her tissue with theirs, partially taking on their physical attributes and curing herself of this whole organ failure thing.

Also, she can't see directly in front of her because her eyes are on the sides of her head. Dr. Togotha was an idiot.

I'm fine with either of my OCs being killed (kind of difficult to end a fight with Komb without someone dying anyway).
8th Mar 2019, 6:31 AM #11
mightguy15

shastab24:I'm possibly interested in this. But, I do have a whole team of characters, so I want to ponder whether I want to include them all, just some, or just one (or if I want to go overboard and include characters from comics on hiatus, too--not likely, so sorry to Karabear Comics Unlimited fans).

Sure! This is a free for all, they will be fighting everyones OCs anyway and we already have quite a few.

Will they be working together or be against each other?
8th Mar 2019, 7:03 AM #12
Mr. Awesome

Registration date: 27th Jan 2015
Using an older set of images but...

Thomas:
Abilities: Super Speed, Super Dexterity, Electrokenesis(think that's the official name for it), Sixth Sense(can detect dangers that aren't in line of sight).
Weaknesses: Thinks on instinct, doesn't typically plan things out and therefore can become predictable with their approaches. While he is able to absorb and redirect electricity, he still feels the shock to a certain extent. If overcharged, will release all the stored electricity at once, leaving himself vulnerable afterward. Most of his Combat moves rely on the use of his Aura, and while he has a large pool of it, use too much and it will leave him vulnerable.

Zachary:
Abilities: Super Strength, Super Durability, Tactical Expertise.
Weaknesses: Has Claustrophobia. Powers have a strict limit before they start to weaken. A tad slow on his feet. Can overthink, spending too much time on planning instead of doing.

Admittedly, these two don't really have super exploitable weaknesses, as many of their weaknesses don't directly apply to a fight, but hopefully I can more accurately display their limits during the actual battle.

These two will be battling together, naturally.
8th Mar 2019, 7:09 AM #13
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Just adding the images!

Sin
- Controls Animals
- Weakness, is pretty cocky/reckless, and has a limit to how many animals he can control

Incubus
- Incredibly powerful manipulation of matter and mind (super strong Jedi)
- Weakness is overlooks small details and his brother

8th Mar 2019, 7:24 AM #14
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
So, would like to add Sir Power to the poll (He's the one drowning Baxton and calling him Lebowski)

Powers:
Thunder and electricity related powers with extreme precision (Can't absorb thunder tho) Transformation into his Muscle Release form that enhances greatly his strenght and speed at the cost of durability, 4th wall awarness and exploits, Has a secret power (That he won't use because he can only use this 3 times and arleady used once), extreme pain resistance, super strenght, super speed, master level swordsman

Weaknesses : Likes alcohol (Too much), can't stay serious, doesn't know how to properly open a door, will literally abandon if he has to fight a woman
8th Mar 2019, 7:28 AM #15
TheMario360

Registration date: 19th Dec 2013
*Sees shastab24 and The Letter M in this thread*

THE GATHERED IS GETTING BACK TOGETHER!

...Nobody else is going to get that. XD
8th Mar 2019, 7:30 AM #16
Mr. Awesome

Registration date: 27th Jan 2015
I got it
8th Mar 2019, 9:30 AM #17
I-ninja
Can run and hide
Registration date: 19th Nov 2012
I wish ya'll good luck.
8th Mar 2019, 11:39 AM #18
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
TheMario360:*Sees shastab24 and The Letter M in this thread*

THE GATHERED IS GETTING BACK TOGETHER!

...Nobody else is going to get that. XD

8th Mar 2019, 7:10 PM #19
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
Also I would like to say things about Sir Power helmet. The strong point is its literally indestructible, gods, demons, Sir Power and even the author couldn't land a scratch on it but it also can't get off no matter what (sometimes Sir Power wishes he could get the helmet of) rest of its armour can be destroyed, but it's hard to do.
8th Mar 2019, 7:44 PM #20
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
mightguy15:Awsome, they are in

Merged Doublepost:

Gotcha, I'll add him in as well! Thanks for taking part

Merged Doublepost:

Is it ok if I use images from your character profile to use in the post?

Sure thing, go for it!