Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Slow traffic on my site

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Slow traffic on my site
Pages: [1] [2]

"Slow traffic on my site", 12 days ago, 5:32 PM #1
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I think it's safe to say that March break is upon us because a see a huge dip in traffic on my site. Is anyone else suffering from the dip? Not that it is a bad thing. People should be out during March break.
12 days ago, 5:49 PM #2
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
I've... never heard of the March break. I know about spring break, between now and April, but that's usually only a week. Is it a webcomic thing?
12 days ago, 5:56 PM #3
HeSerpenty

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012
I don't pay attention to that kinda stuff haha. Honestly, you'll have a better time doing comics if you don't

(But since you mentioned it... *looks*......eeeeh, I really don't see anything different. Remains pretty steady throughout the week with peeks around the time of update. I'm not sure of the March break thing is a thing with webcomics! Holiday breaks and summers there is generally less activity because of so much travel)

12 days ago, 6:09 PM #4
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
I hear of summer break and winter break affecting comic stuff, but not spring break. Like, maybe your readers will disappear for a week? But that's not very long for comics that generally update weekly anyway.

Looking at my stats, March is actually typically my best month. Over one quarter of all my views were in March 2018. So, that's pretty good.

(presumably because march is right after SGKDR's anniversary, so there are a lot of new readers and re-readers around that time)
12 days ago, 6:59 PM #5
khkddn
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
For me it gets low closer to December, slowly grows back up in the first quarter of the year, and levels out by mid summer. Nothing special about March.

I usually disappear for a bit during breaks, but my spring break hasn't even started yet. Most schools have an earlier schedule than mine so I guess people could be off right now?
12 days ago, 7:30 PM #6
MK_Wizard

It could just be a slow day combined with me being bored.
12 days ago, 7:54 PM #7
Matthew Young

Registration date: 4th Feb 2019
Ha. I'd have to have traffic on my site to begin with before I can have a dip. Zero minus zero is still zero.
12 days ago, 8:15 PM #8
kirstin

Registration date: 12th Mar 2018
I actually removed google analytics from my main site recently and it's... freeing. I'm having a much better time now that I'm not always stressing out about it.

There's been a bit of a lull in terms of comments this week but in the past my traffic has always varied a lot so I guess it's not that weird.

Last summer tho, that was soooo slow
12 days ago, 8:33 PM #9
Seishin Hermy

Registration date: 2nd Nov 2018
Hmm, still no views unless I have JUST updated, all seems normal to me.

On my eternal quest for cookies.
"Gimme Those Numbers", 12 days ago, 10:16 PM #10
UnitMComics

Registration date: 22nd Dec 2018
What is a good level of traffic?

Or put another way: what do the best of the best receive in terms of daily traffic? What should one aspire to?

Right now, I’m averaging about 75 visitors/600 page views per day. I haven’t seen any March Break drop off.
11 days ago, 1:28 AM #11
SinisterRabbit

Registration date: 21st Jul 2015
Nope because I don't rely on Comicfury to bring me any traffic. Majority of my traffic is from external source.
11 days ago, 1:29 AM #12
MK_Wizard

Which one is that?
11 days ago, 1:36 AM #13
SinisterRabbit

(Assuming you are replying to me) Social media? Like Twitter, Pinterest, Deviantart and etc.
11 days ago, 1:37 AM #14
MK_Wizard

I am on all of those except DeviantArt. I am really wondering if I should give it another chance for my own sake only.
11 days ago, 1:39 AM #15
SinisterRabbit

With Deviantart, you have to do a bit of socializing. For your sake, I suggest you stay away if people were harassing you on DA. But if you don't mind trolls, it is quite a good source of traffic.

For me, I have been on Deviantart for a long time so I'm used to it.
11 days ago, 1:41 AM #16
MK_Wizard

I have long since moved on from what happened and I don't even think my old crowd would recognise me. To be honest, I don't think I would recognise them. I am sure they grew up as did I and I do have faith that they are different people now. However, we grew in different directions.
11 days ago, 3:07 AM #17
Bear

Registration date: 6th Dec 2011
My best viewing stats seem to occur when I stop updating - either temporarily, on B.E., or longer on the others B-)

I can't pick any specific quiet times - there's too man if 'em !

B-)
11 days ago, 3:10 AM #18
MK_Wizard

I guess a watched pot really doesn't boil, does it? That I completely cleaned up my shops. I realised they were causing me stress so I handled that.
11 days ago, 3:12 AM #19
Bear

Registration date: 6th Dec 2011
UnitMComics:What is a good level of traffic?

Or put another way: what do the best of the best receive in terms of daily traffic? What should one aspire to?

Right now, I’m averaging about 75 visitors/600 page views per day. I haven’t seen any March Break drop off.

A question I've often wanted to ask, myself - considering my own to be pretty dismal, although being "L, N, S"
I don't expect them to ever by anything like those on the kiddy um "G" rated cartoony stuff (especially the really good ones)
11 days ago, 3:21 AM #20
MK_Wizard

Bear, I laughed out loud. I feel like my comic doesn't get attention because it isn't S, N or L flagged!