Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Darn my computer!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Darn my computer!
Pages: [1]

"Darn my computer!", One week ago, 7:39 AM #1
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
So, my computer decided to die, and I don't have any money to repair it (I only have $6 to my name at the moment), which of course means that I don't have any resources at the moment to possibly earn income aside from my regular job, which has such a poor ability to keep me on a set schedule that I wound up in this horrible situation financially.

Yes, I'm currently accessing the Internet from a previous laptop, but it's temperamental, and I'm just surprised it turned on (tried it because I was desperate). A few years ago, it needed to be taken into Best Buy and they pronounced it essentially dead. So it is not something I will ever rely on.

No point here other than to rant about something ridiculous that happened. And, well, any Almighty Protectors fans should therefore know that the latest issue isn't likely to be uploaded this month. While I hope that next month can be better, I doubt it. And just when the next issue was going to be an important crossover issue, too...
6 days ago, 8:19 PM #2
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
That super sucks. I've had that happen to me before, and I ended up having to scan stuff on a backup crap laptop...then I had to go to the library and use their computer to update my comic here. It was horrible. I sometimes would scan at work, too...yeah...wasn't supposed to do that, but I was at least off the clock >.>

I hope you're able to get it fixed, or get some kind of replacement soon!

6 days ago, 8:22 PM #3
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Tough call. How did it happen? Was it just old or broken?
5 days ago, 4:34 AM #4
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
I think it was just the age of the thing. I mean it's not horribly old, but I kind of wear a computer out. Might come from me hardly ever turning one off, for fear of losing my different pieces of writing or art I'll often have up. Yes, I could just save, but some things I want to use but only want it temporarily.

It could have also been an update that screwed it over, though. This was directly after having to restart my computer to complete some updates.
Pages: [1]