Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Wal-Mart Employees, suck!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Wal-Mart Employees, suck!
Pages: [1]

"Wal-Mart Employees, suck!", 10 days ago, 7:11 PM #1
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
I'm looking for ANY back-up, and/or agreement: seriously, they piss me off. I'm not saying EVERYBODY does, but what I'm about to explain, made me so angry....

So like I was talking with my late-grandad and bro a couple years ago, making plans on his shopping list. When this
6'ft something turd comes and says "get outta the way", I'm like: What the actual hell!? We were all kinda like in a huddle: NOBODY'S in the way!!! But I scooted aside, just to continue the conversation...

And just this year: I'm talking to my mom and sis,- and sis was sick so we had to stop and re-arrange our plans... when another pile of shit came by, and told me to move... I'm kinda mad now, and express this to mom and the guy (who I saw from the corner of my eye) is on his cell... Wasn't that mother fucker suppose to be working?! He's playing and randomly walked into me AND acted like he was gonna say something else when HE was in the wrong!?

I know I might be over exaggerating, but... You must understand: Both times, this incident happened near the entrance, this is after you leave the check-out and kinda in a "hall" like area... There's MORE than enough room for SO many people to walk by freely, and they were! Both times: the idiots could've walked by. To put emphasis on the situation: the position I and/or we were at, was not in front of anything important, both morons were just walking off to a random area... and our group was always small: 3 people! But they couldn't even think to walk around?! When someone was in my way, I walked the living fuck around them, without even having to say so much as "excuse me" because there's SO much room in these stores!!! Why were they unnecessarily assholes? Everybody else was pretty chill: if you're in someone's way you'd HEAR "Excuse me" or "You're fine", in any other store the employees would say this too. Every time I went to Wal-Mart to help with something, a asshole has the come by... are they jealous because I'm short? Was my direction the only path they could possibly take? Does it feel good to be a asshole? If so: maybe I should get some revenge next time I go and push people out of my way?! (I won't do this, unless there's like life or death important thing, it makes so mad remembering this: but seriously, I'd never want to get revenge...)

Anyone else had a similar experience with nasty employees? Or it's just me?

UBERNATURA
(Sorry, I haven't programmed for a long time...)
10 days ago, 7:20 PM #2
Matthew Young

Registration date: 4th Feb 2019
Sometimes I forget my local Walmart even has employees. They're an illusive bunch.
This wouldn't be a problem to me if they didn't LOCK THEIR DAMN EARBUDS UP! WHHHHHHY!?
10 days ago, 7:25 PM #3
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
CrosEL:I'm looking for ANY back-up, and/or agreement: seriously, they piss me off. I'm not saying EVERYBODY does, but what I'm about to explain, made me so angry....

So like I was talking with my late-grandad and bro a couple years ago, making plans on his shopping list. When this
6'ft something turd comes and says "get outta the way", I'm like: What the actual hell!? We were all kinda like in a huddle: NOBODY'S in the way!!! But I scooted aside, just to continue the conversation...

And just this year: I'm talking to my mom and sis,- and sis was sick so we had to stop and re-arrange our plans... when another pile of shit came by, and told me to move... I'm kinda mad now, and express this to mom and the guy (who I saw from the corner of my eye) is on his cell... Wasn't that mother fucker suppose to be working?! He's playing and randomly walked into me AND acted like he was gonna say something else when HE was in the wrong!?

I know I might be over exaggerating, but... You must understand: Both times, this incident happened near the entrance, this is after you leave the check-out and kinda in a "hall" like area... There's MORE than enough room for SO many people to walk by freely, and they were! Both times: the idiots could've walked by. To put emphasis on the situation: the position I and/or we were at, was not in front of anything important, both morons were just walking off to a random area... and our group was always small: 3 people! But they couldn't even think to walk around?! When someone was in my way, I walked the living fuck around them, without even having to say so much as "excuse me" because there's SO much room in these stores!!! Why were they unnecessarily assholes? Everybody else was pretty chill: if you're in someone's way you'd HEAR "Excuse me" or "You're fine", in any other store the employees would say this too. Every time I went to Wal-Mart to help with something, a asshole has the come by... are they jealous because I'm short? Was my direction the only path they could possibly take? Does it feel good to be a asshole? If so: maybe I should get some revenge next time I go and push people out of my way?! (I won't do this, unless there's like life or death important thing, it makes so mad remembering this: but seriously, I'd never want to get revenge...)

Anyone else had a similar experience with nasty employees? Or it's just me?

I work at Wal-Mart, however it's a community Wal-Mart and most of us here *including myself* are military veterans. It's sad how crappy employees can get just because they have to work, I always tell my fellow co-workers when they complain or act shitty to customers that they need to be thankful that they have this job that pays us 12 dollars an hour *min wage in my state is 7.50 and average rent is 650. I make damn near a grand every paycheck which is twice a week*.

Most people would kill to make that money and all they have to do is stack boxes and greet people.

Edit: I will say it was quite mature of you to not engage and just remove yourself from the situation. I remember having this discussion before on the threads, no one has the right to tell you what can or can't offend you, but I feel many people should have the strength of character to act responsibly in such a situation.

You may feel that person was being an asshole, but regardless good on you for handling the situation like an adult. Sometimes, the things people do can be taken out of context, the best course of action is always not to escalate the situation.
10 days ago, 7:34 PM #4
CrosEL

Sometimes I forget my local Walmart even has employees. They're an illusive bunch.
This wouldn't be a problem to me if they didn't LOCK THEIR DAMN EARBUDS UP! WHHHHHHY!?

Because they SUCK!!!! They don't deserve their jobs!

I work at Wal-Mart, however it's a community Wal-Mart and most of us here *including myself* are military veterans. It's sad how crappy employees can get just because they have to work, I always tell my fellow co-workers when they complain or act shitty to customers that they need to be thankful that they have this job that pays us 12 dollars an hour *min wage in my state is 7.50*.

Most people would kill to make that money and all they have to do is stack boxes and greet people.

I sincerely wish more people like you were at our Wal-mart: I agree with not being shitty to customers because they're working/getting paid. Seeing this restores some of my faith in the store/employees, maybe the next visit will be pleasant?

UBERNATURA
9 days ago, 1:56 AM #5
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
For minimum wage, I don't expect anything more than the bare minimum. If Walmart wants people to rush around and grin, they should pay them a living wage. Also... most people behave better when they're getting paid well.

I always try and remember circumstances when I judge. For example, I have a co-worker who's on a his phone a lot. (We're all allowed to, but A Lot) Then I found out he works four jobs and sleeps on the couch between them. I go home and hang out on my computer, he's checking in on his kids, taking care of his finances, and taking some much needed down time where he can. I was chipper and helpful when I did retail, but after two years, I was getting burnt out. I can't imagine how my coworkers who's been there for eleven years felt.

I try and have the benefit of doubt. Maybe you can't find anybody because they're understaffed. Maybe that guy's crabby because he's having really painful stuff going on at home. Maybe that teen's on her phone because she just got yelled at wanted some comfort, or she's in love for the first time, or her little brother's in the hospital. Or because she's a teen working at Walmart, and, let's face it, most kids are gonna take a few minutes to hide in the break room and play candy crush. If I don't judge, we both have better days.

And saying people don't deserve jobs is harsh, considering the alternative!
9 days ago, 2:20 AM #6
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
I have.. the exact opposite experience with Wal-Mart employees here. Everyone is almost sickeningly nice, polite and helpful. The parking lot is almost spotless, and the bathrooms are always clean.

Keep in mind though, I also live in a really small area that isn't densely populated, mostly senior citizens and word travels fast if someone is rude to customers.

Really depends on the store and the location, and who's on shift. -shrug-
9 days ago, 2:22 AM #7
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
swamp:For minimum wage, I don't expect anything more than the bare minimum. If Walmart wants people to rush around and grin, they should pay them a living wage. Also... most people behave better when they're getting paid well.

I always try and remember circumstances when I judge. For example, I have a co-worker who's on a his phone a lot. (We're all allowed to, but A Lot) Then I found out he works four jobs and sleeps on the couch between them. I go home and hang out on my computer, he's checking in on his kids, taking care of his finances, and taking some much needed down time where he can. I was chipper and helpful when I did retail, but after two years, I was getting burnt out. I can't imagine how my coworkers who's been there for eleven years felt.

I try and have the benefit of doubt. Maybe you can't find anybody because they're understaffed. Maybe that guy's crabby because he's having really painful stuff going on at home. Maybe that teen's on her phone because she just got yelled at wanted some comfort, or she's in love for the first time, or her little brother's in the hospital. Or because she's a teen working at Walmart, and, let's face it, most kids are gonna take a few minutes to hide in the break room and play candy crush. If I don't judge, we both have better days.

Hmm, well I'm not sure if I agree with you on your statement on minimum wage. I don't think being poor or being in a difficult situation is a justifiable excuse to be rude. There are an abundance of opportunities and aides people can take advantage of to help them in any situation they may be in. My stance on it is that people who have made the decision to work at a job where they know they would be getting paid minimum wage should really take a hard look at themselves before deciding they don't get paid enough to not be a jerk to someone.

The guy who comes in late and disregards the opinions of management and does his job at his leisure, that is understandable behavior from someone sour about having to work for minimum wage. But the guy that rudely tells you to get out of his way, or insults you in my opinion, is just a straight up jerk.

It's not your fault he works for minimum wage. They need to have that attitude to the people that are causing them to be in these predicaments in the first place, or better, not have them at all, and toughen up to the fact that you need to work and get things done on a dime.

I remember one time when I was in the army, there was a government shutdown, and rumors circulated that we weren't going to get paid until it resolved. My NCO told me that he would not compromise his work ethic one bit, because he said his job is it's own reward.

I admire people like that, and I wish more people were like that.

I do, however, agree it's a bit harsh to say they don't deserve their jobs. But I think it's justifiable to ask why did they bother in the first place if they knew they wouldn't be able to deal with it. Sure, for minimum wage, maybe you don't have to walk around and offer a superficial smile, but don't spit on peoples shoes either. You consider them, they need to consider you.
9 days ago, 2:28 AM #8
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
mightguy15:Hmm, well I'm not sure if I agree with you on your statement on minimum wage. I don't think being poor or being in a difficult situation is a justifiable excuse to be rude. There are an abundance of opportunities people can take advantage of, my stance on it is that people who have made the decision to work at a job where they know they would be getting paid minimum wage should really take a hard look at themselves before deciding they don't get paid enough to not be a jerk to someone.

I agree with that to an extent. I meant more a general... I try and be forgiving if people seem bored or like they're slacking. I mean, I also try and be forgiving of jerks, but minimum wage isn't like... an excuse to be hostile or dishonest.
9 days ago, 2:29 AM #9
E-hero Vulven
tells us a tale of e-bravery
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
The Walmarts I live around are okay, nothing to write home about. There are other places and areas you can shop around, right? Avoid the low ranking ones. *smells politics* I'm staying out of this one.
9 days ago, 3:17 AM #10
Eaton Pye

Registration date: 21st Feb 2019
Two incidents in two years is not really too bad- and the average Walmart has a lot of employees. Generalizing about them seems a little harsh.

Walmart has some weird things about security and in my neck of the woods they often seem to take a somewhat (but not provably) racist turn, but most of the employees seem to be trying their best to be helpful. My gripe is with the employees at places like Office Depot, who pretend to know things about tech that they don't really know. And no, I don't want to you to order it for me. If I wanted to order it, I would order it myself for like 25% less. I'm willing to pay a premium on this particular item because I want some information about it that doesn't seem to be readily available on-line.
9 days ago, 6:46 PM #11
CrosEL

swamp:

And... please don't go over the "You never know what's wrong with a person" thing, because I have a shitload of problems (you can tell by this thread!), but I'd NEVER think to treat a stranger in any way besides polite, while I'm upset: it was something I understood early in life... don't screw around with others just because I'm upset. If you're gonna say other's don't know this yet, then you're saying those jackasses are more ignorant than a 6 year old child...

I understand I might sound harsh: but as I said, EVERYBODY has problems. If everyone reacted because they were upset, there would be fighting non-stop... The dudes I had the displeasure of having to hear were suppose to be working and had the opportunity to go around me instead of thinking of walking through me. Again, I understand people have problems, but don't piss-off (or hurt) others who have nothing to do with it. If your job's helping a customer, and you're rude to them, because YOU DON'T WANT TO BE THERE: you don't deserve your job, choose something that allows you to work alone or with animals: something you can deal with it mentally and emotionally...

Merged Doublepost:

Shekets:I have.. the exact opposite experience with Wal-Mart employees here. Everyone is almost sickeningly nice, polite and helpful. The parking lot is almost spotless, and the bathrooms are always clean.

Keep in mind though, I also live in a really small area that isn't densely populated, mostly senior citizens and word travels fast if someone is rude to customers.

Really depends on the store and the location, and who's on shift. -shrug-

That's sounds awesome! I usually have no trouble there, alone... I can help myself, so I prefer sickening niceness as oppose to punks who seek people out to make them as mad as they are...

Merged Doublepost:

Eaton Pye:Two incidents in two years is not really too bad- and the average Walmart has a lot of employees. Generalizing about them seems a little harsh.

I know, I mostly just needed to get the livid anger off my chest: as long as the employees mind their own business, I'm fine... (The last time I went, they chillin' everything was OK!)

My gripe is with the employees at places like Office Depot, who pretend to know things about tech that they don't really know. And no, I don't want to you to order it for me. If I wanted to order it, I would order it myself for like 25% less. I'm willing to pay a premium on this particular item because I want some information about it that doesn't seem to be readily available on-line.

… And I'm guessing Amazon's going to be my default for all tech, whether they have the info or not: I'll figure out myself

UBERNATURA
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Wal-Mart Employees, suck!
Pages: [1]